• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arby's to launch Smokehouse Brisket barbecue sandwich later this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2013/07/news-arbys-to-launch-smokehouse-brisket.html

Arby's will be offering a premium barbecue sandwich later this year (date to be determined) called the Smokehouse Brisket.

The sandwich's main feature is thinly-sliced beef brisket smoked with hickory for 14 to 18 hours. The brisket will be served with melted smoked Gouda cheese, crispy onions, barbecue sauce and mayo on a toasted specialty roll.

The sandwich will be available nationwide with a suggested retail price of $5.29 for just the sandwich and $7.49 for the sandwich with a side and a drink.

The Smokehouse Brisket sandwich was tested earlier this year in April and May.

While Arby's has offered a barbecue sandwich before, with the value-priced Arby-Q sandwich, this marks the first time they're offering a traditional barbecue product in slow-smoked beef brisket.

5Rdf2D8.jpg

jchap

Bad BBQ sauce on roast beef does not make a BBQ sandwich.

The Arby-Q was day old roast beef according to a friend that worked there.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just wanted to say that the Wendy's Pretzel Bacon Double Cheeseburger from your last topic was excellent OP. Although a couple bucks too pricey. Sticking with Whataburger's All Time Favorites.

"Mmmmmmmmm," said nobody.

I just did. I love fast food.

Ridli

Eh, I'd give it a try. Sometimes you just don't have the time to smoke a flat or point yourself you know?

GodofWine

And you know the 'brisket' is the poorest of the poor in terms of actual quality

"Actual Quality" is really vague, I know what you mean, but the world has discovered that fancy cuts like filet, are massively out flavored by cheap cuts like brisket and shoulders.

Most home cooks sadly were only cooking those to their FDA recommended temps of 165 and 145(?) respectively, meanwhile they both need to get to 185-195 to become the best damn meat ever.

(Now Im hungry and wish I threw a brisket or ribs on my smoker...)

That most certainly does not look good at all. Even their promotion picture looks like the brisket has been sitting in a warmer all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom