• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcade Fire announce new album Everything Now, out July 28, titular single out now

big ander

GDhuc4q.jpg

af_everything_now_00.jpg

new single, "Everything Now." First the 12" was for sale at Primavera Sound and there was video of it playing in a record store.
Now, just after its official debut on BBC radio, it's popping up on streaming services—here's a google play link.
(EDIT:
)

Thomas Bangalter of Daft Punk is listed as a producer.

itunes page for the album. they're officially signed to Columbia for their next two records (popular label for acclaimed rock bands in their second decades, between them, LCD and Vampire Weekend).

Announcement came after the usual nondescript posters and billboards being put up in major cities, cryptic tweets from official accounts instructing to "Stay tuned for Infinite Content". Other shenanigans: two twitter accounts that might be run by the band/the Butler brothers, one made to look like a Russian spambot and one made to look like a corporate account.

And lastly, their site now redirects to a livestream: http://live.everythingnow.com/
It's called "Live from Death Valley" (a title that's already been used by a much different band). sometimes the "Live" in the top left changes to "Lie" and the phrase "Everything Now" is being displayed in different languages.
They're scheduled to perform Saturday at Primavera but a stage is being set up now for a surprise warmup set from the band, this could be what ends up streaming there.

KeBQuz4l.jpg

King_Moc

Banned
I love this song! Sounds kind of like how I'd imagine Can't Take My Eyes Off You would sound if David Bowie had done it. Maybe. Great song anyway.

Icolin

Banned
This is so good.

Can't wait for the album. It's now my most anticipated album along with The National's next album.

big ander

like this well enough. fantastic bass line, strings are nice and the flute sample is too.

still not really about Arcade Fire being a like, message band. they're not very good at it at all. but if it sounds nice and isn't an overlong mess like Reflektor then that's fine
Is the track streaming anywhere? I want to hear it, but in better quality than that record store stream.

supposedly on Tidal as well, I don't see it on Play Music streaming yet but I've got the link to download it there.
you can also load up the bbc stream and scrobble back about 15 minutes.

Griss

Can't wait. Hope it's a little more focused than Reflektor, which had some incredible tracks but also its fair share of duds. As a 10 song album Reflektor could have been perfect.

akihara

This contains the crowd singing from their Voodoo Fest show back in October. They said it might show up in a song.

Cool, they are coming to my city this time around.

Think I'll wait to listen the track since it's a little more than a month away till the full thing is out. Hope it's better than Reflektor and they toned down the cornball sermonizing this time around.

Pedrito

It feels like there's so few band members compared to when they formed :(

STILL MEGA HYPED

There's six in the core band. I'm pretty sure it was less than that originally. They tour with about 10 people though.

The other Butler bro doesn't seem to be there in the video. Still in the band?

There's a also Sarah Neufeld but I don't think she was a core member anymore for Reflektor.

tm24

The other Butler bro doesn't seem to be there in the video. Still in the band?

There's a also Sarah Neufeld but I don't think she was a core member anymore for Reflektor.

Will is still in the band, Sarah is a touring member now after Reflektor.

Afterlife

Yeah I really like this song. Been waiting for their new album forever. I just wish LCD would announce theirs soon too

Manzanas

Neo Member
Song sounds great! Can't wait for this. I just bought the Day+Night Bundle.

Yeah I really like this song. Been waiting for their new album forever. I just wish LCD would announce theirs soon too
James Murphy posted on Facebook the album should be out within 6 weeks at the earliest. So its coming out either before or around the same time as Arcade Fire's album.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hope this is closer to pre-refklektor level quality

their coachella show 7 years ago is still one of the GOAT live shows

I love Arcade Fire but this new single falls flat for me.. it feels like something they banged out in an hour, there is nothing new at all. It's not bad, because all their styling and the vocals are amazing as always, it just isn't exciting. Same goes for the video.

Interested to see where their concept goes for the full album.

Top Bottom