• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars - Kickstarter live, 5 days left

Machina

Banned
Oh yes, the Lolicon fighting game

arcana-heart-3-love-max-imagen-i310691-i.jpg

Blu(e)

They made the 100k. Pretty surprised about this. Thought this would take longer since it's kind of a niche fighting game. An all girl fighter at that.

Arcana Hearts community got deep pockets or it's more popular than I realized.

shaowebb

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game

100k! We're made it! I hope we reach the stretch goals. Waifu aesthetics be damned this game series is insanely good.

• custom xfactor comeback mechanic exists per arcana. Things like permanent hyper armor, poison touch normals, crazy cancels...you pick your own comeback by picking an arcana
  • Arcanas give you an entire character's worth of specials, supers and ultras plus passive abilities like teleports or armor! All these customizations come at the cost of a strength/health modifier
  • Homing dashes and homing dash cancels. Wonder where the new Dragonball fighter game would be looking at to learn how to do the flight combat for that franchise? THIS SERIES. Combat is rapidfire and incredibly fast. The chase is incredible and combos and neutral is amazing. Plus steerable homing dashes exist so do a combo, get a knockdown, superjump up and homing dash down while zigzaggin to create insane crossup oki hell.
  • Movesets are insanely good. Hurricane polimar's symbols stocks? Pfftt... thats in here. How about a character with summons? Maori. She can summon vajra shit, folks behind you, folks in front of you plus she has long range normals and such that can hit behind you. Trap characters? Aint no one as crazy as Dorothy and her projectiles that stick int he ground and then pop back up as she uses space eating tools and slides cards under you that shoot bullets straight up. Crazy chain shit like in Blaz Blue? Hah! Scharlachrot's chains come with explosives and custom zipline targets!
  • Clash frames. Why trade when you can create flurry situations? Lots of clashing in the midst of this rapid dash filled cancel environment. Keeps the game intense and back and forth. Plus its balanced with moves that are air unblockable so folks dont go nuts with dash up clash frame filled stuff.

Game is just fucking tight. Mixups abound, all the movesets are crazy loaded with tools, and the arcana let you customize this rich moveset filled game even further. Imagine if you could fill the entire sky with orbs to screw up air dashers. Now imagine if you could make those orbs waterfall into pillar-like towers to completely wall off the sky and ground. Thats a thing with water arcana stuff. Imagine if you had a projectile you could throw that lasted a long time and then would homing boomerang back to you and remain active until it caught you for crazy mixups. Thats a thing with the wind arcana. Imagine any character with lasers and homing projectiles. Thats the love arcana. Imagine anyone with armored attacks. Metal arcana.

Sooooooooo good.

Forget that other game's function talk. This game actually HAS enough crazy tools that it should be talked of by its functions. Its not just some "lolicon waifu fighter". Its one of the most customizable and detailed fighting game movesets and environments ever made for a fighting game series. Yes its trapped in waifu aesthetics but to hell with that noise because this game is insanely good.

Uraizen

Banned
Its not just some "lolicon waifu fighter". Its one of the most customizable and detailed fighting game movesets and environments ever made for a fighting game series. Yes its trapped in waifu aesthetics but to hell with that noise because this game is insanely good.

Unfortunately this will just be white noise to most people who look at the game. Either way, our wallets have spoken and bla bla bla, let's go for stretch goals!

shaowebb

Unfortunately this will just be white noise to most people who look at the game. Either way, our wallets have spoken and bla bla bla, let's go for stretch goals!

Agreed on all fronts. To hell with the haters I got my port. Now lets try and grow this game's roster further! Woo!

EDIT: Examu_pr on twitter released some teasers on the new characters. Looks like that first one is a merperson!

z7QyM39.jpg

ArjanN

Heh, they hit the goal earlier than they thought, so the stretch goal update wasn't quite ready.

Are there any chance one of the stretch goals being a PS4, XBONE or Switch port?

Possibly. Even if it isn't there's probably a decent chance of them porting it eventually anyway.

Tu101uk

Happy to see it make the base target. Let's see how far it can go.

If anyone still hasn't picked up one of last generation's great 2D fighting games (artstyle be damned) $25 to essentially preorder the latest version of the game plus some possible extras depending on the stretch goals reached is a bloody steal!

shaowebb

We should start pushing in the kickstarter comments section for them to ADD A TUTORIAL AND ARCANA BREAKDOWN.

Game is pretty obtuse. It'd help new players.

They actually reached the goal already, whaaaa

Arcana Heart fans have deep pockets? I never would have thought. Still glad to see this is gonna be a thing now, gives me motivation to try learning Love Max seeing as I own it on steam.

joe2187

Banned
We should start pushing in the kickstarter comments section for them to ADD A TUTORIAL AND ARCANA BREAKDOWN.

Im down for this as well.

Also...PS4/Vita port.

I've played alot of LOVE MAX!!!! on vita and would like to play more.

Huh, that's impressive. AH3 was one of the few fighting games from the past decade I spent any significant time with, would definitely be interested in this if there were more new arcanas/characters besides Minori.

WarRock

Looking forward to them doing the same for Daemon Bride. Arcana at least dipped its toes in the West, but basically nobody here played Daemon. Maybe they'll release a demo for campaign, if it ever happens?

ArjanN

Now that I've given it some thought I figure if they want to back away from the loli-ness somewhat in the future, maybe they could just set Arcana Heart 4 like 5-10 years after this game
and age all the characters up a bit, since they'll have to redraw them in HD anyway.

Tu101uk

Now that I've given it some thought I figure if they want to back away from the loli-ness somewhat in the future, maybe they could just set Arcana Heart 4 like 5-10 years after this game
and age all the characters up a bit, since they'll have to redraw them in HD anyway.
Methinks they will save the hard work for a potential sequel (which should be a lock now that they've seen there is some decent support for the series with this kickstarter). They were messing around with 3D engines before, and since AH3's original release they have made Aquapazza and Nitroplus Blasterz in that time, both with increased resolution on their sprites.

I don't know if they'll shift the ages of the characters, who are a major part of the popularity behind the series in the first place (then again, my main Fiona is forever a young girl anyways due to being stuck in a different dimension storywise :V).

petran79

Banned
Porting it will not be that expensive since it already runs on Nesica software,which was even unofficially dumped to PC.

They also have the netplay assets of the original.But a rebalance and new characters make this interesting.

Skullgirls started a revolution back then...

ArjanN

Methinks they will save the hard work for a potential sequel (which should be a lock now that they've seen there is some decent support for the series with this kickstarter). They were messing around with 3D engines before, and since AH3's original release they have made Aquapazza and Nitroplus Blasterz in that time, both with increased resolution on their sprites.

I don't know if they'll shift the ages of the characters, who are a major part of the popularity behind the series in the first place (then again, my main Fiona is forever a young girl anyways due to being stuck in a different dimension storywise :V).

Yeah, I was talking about a potential AH4, not this version. Honestly the majority of the cast is fine, I mean it's a lot of waifu cheesecake but that still flies, it's Kira and a couple of others that come off a bit creepy. Fiona is fine because she comes off way more cartoony and less sexualized.

Uraizen

Banned
Are there any chance one of the stretch goals being a PS4, XBONE or Switch port?

Do they even have development kits for these consoles? I feel the reason it's Steam only is because they don't. ArcSys was their last publisher and from what I gathered from their video nobody would fund a "home" port.

Message them rather than posting it in the comments. They read the messages you send them via kickstarter.

---

And a little over an hour later I get a message about me asking for more reward tiers between the $300 and $1200 tier because I said the jump in between was really high.

examu said:
Thank you very much for contacting us. Please let us look into it. If there should be any new rewards added, we will post them in an update, so please keep checking back!

Blu(e)

First update

Greetings Everyone!

Thanks to your energetic call to arms, we have reached our goal to port SixStarS!!!!!! to Steam!

So that means we are on to the new characters stretch goal. All of the new characters will be uniquely distinct and will not disappoint.

We are now in the middle of the announcement prep work and will have the reveal this week, so please hold on a little longer.

Thank you all again! We hope we can count on your Max Love throughout the campaign!
Hope to see the fish looking character.

Tu101uk

Do they even have development kits for these consoles? I feel the reason it's Steam only is because they don't. ArcSys was their last publisher and from what I gathered from their video nobody would fund a "home" port.
Well Nitroplus Blasterz made it onto PS4 and they're a small group so I don't think they'd have a seperate porting team...

shaowebb

Message them rather than posting it in the comments. They read the messages you send them via kickstarter.

---

Messaged them, posted on the steam thread where they lurked once upon a time, posted here and posted in the comments...and so far a lot of folks are chiming in support on all the forum and comment stuff where I brought it up. Hopefully, we get an official message and some kind of tutorial system from all this eventually. Its really really needed in this game. I've never seen a game that requires so many outside resource study hours to play. A game this complex and deep with so many varying unique character mechanics and arcana mechanics desperately needs an in game point of reference to explain things to folks.

Uraizen

Banned
Well Nitroplus Blasterz made it onto PS4 and they're a small group so I don't think they'd have a seperate porting team...

Yeah, but they had a publisher for that game. Do they keep the dev kits once the project with the publisher is finished? I legit don't know how this works, I just know Steam is the cheapest way for this port to happen.

Messaged them, posted on the steam thread where they lurked once upon a time, posted here and posted in the comments...and so far a lot of folks are chiming in support on all the forum and comment stuff where I brought it up. Hopefully, we get an official message and some kind of tutorial system from all this eventually. Its really really needed in this game. I've never seen a game that requires so many outside resource study hours to play. A game this complex and deep with so many varying unique character mechanics and arcana mechanics desperately needs an in game point of reference to explain things to folks.

Oooh, so that's you, whoever recommended combo trials got me to chime in. They're kind of helpful, but I find them fun.

ArjanN

Just read on their twitter a new stretch goal is coming tomorrow everning (Japan time probably) and some changes to the rewards.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Just read on their twitter a new stretch goal is coming tomorrow everning (Japan time probably) and some changes to the rewards.

PS4 stretch goal is probably a lock, hoping for an Xbox One stretch goal but it won't be a deal breaker.

Blu(e)

I think Shark Girl is a pretty likely thing so that's great. Fun design.

I would love for them to hit all their goals but I don't know how plausible that would be.

Be a shame to let the extra characters be wasted. I guess that's what Arcana Hearts 4 will be for.

shaowebb

I4cHoYf.jpg

rG9SRrO.jpg

7RttjNl.jpg

Apparently nudity chan was a proposed character idea for about 10 years from back in the Samurai Showdown days of the staff. Bet japan kicks in a bunch more trying to get that in the game lol. I just wanna know how the new arcanas work because thats a full game changer for the entire roster's options out there. Paracelsia as a usable arcana will be interesting. She was the Arcana of Life and could use every element. Her attacks were a mix of overpowered tools from other arcana, she could heal, and she constantly generated meter. If the meter thing is her extend force and the heal is her Arcana Blaze I am gonna be using that thing with certain folks. Some character like Maori do really well with extra meter to burn.

Type-Zero

I remember loving this game so much back in 2011. I had actually imported the vanilla version because wanted it that bad. The Arcana system was like an in depth groove system and added so much to the game.

Sadly I dropped the game because the only two real life people I played with moved on and the community just disappeared. This game deserved better but I guess the all girl cast and anime look is not grabbing people.

Momentary

Banned
The last character looks bad-ass but she needs to at least have something to cover up down there... It's kind of off putting.

SephLuis

Arcana Heart 3 was my introduction to the series and it was an awesome game that got plagued by very, very bad luck. The game was a DL only release on the PS3 and 1 day later after it released, the PSN was hit with the attack that put it out for a month.

Me and my friends had one hell of a good time playing this. Especially me when I picked the characters made to irritate the opponent.

Top Bottom