• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are men allowed to be pretty?

LordKasual

Banned
I mean, your post was essentially meaningless except in the specific case of things revolving around women wanting to have sex with you.

the thread is essentially meaningless except in the case of guys...wanting to be pretty?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean unless the answer is lawfully no, then obviously yes, men are allowed to be pretty

sorry if you expected some kind of deeply insightful response to this question

the thread is essentially meaningless except in the case of guys...wanting to be pretty?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright?
And, again "wanting to be pretty" != "Wanting for women to want to have sex with you."

sorry if you expected some kind of deeply insightful response to this question

Because there's a gulf of possible responses in between "some kind of deeply insightful response" and "boiling it down to women wanting to have sex with you."

Liljagare

It's weird how fashion evolved, men in miniskirts have been a thing for a long time.

71siQmPcqpL.jpg

LordKasual

Banned
Alright?
And, again "wanting to be pretty" != "Wanting for women to want to have sex with you."

and wanting for women to have sex with you != the sole desire of anyone who would want to be pretty

...but it's obviously possibly one of them

Because there's a gulf of possible responses in between "some kind of deeply insightful response"

that i'm not obligated to cover????

jump off my dick breh

EDIT:

>:O!!!!!

EARTHBOUND, EXPLAIN YOURSELF?!

Fair enough. Let me rephrase:
Someone who has both the gender and sex of "male"/"man" cannot bear children.

and wanting for women to have sex with you != the sole desire of anyone who would want to be pretty

...but it's obviously one of them

In a specific set of circumstances.
And you already said that you can't be bothered with edge cases - which that is.

jump off my dick breh

I don't want to be on it, thanks.

darscot

Well judging by like the animal kingdom especially birds the male of the species is usually the one that has to be all pretty and put on the display. No reason we are any different.

Miles X

I mean I wouldn't really call wearing a dress pretty
890aee849fccf989692716e407130083--dior-handbags-dior-bags.jpg

I'm sure there are people that wouldn't call you pretty wearing jeans and a white t. Point is you're just stating what you find attractive/acceptable ect. I don't find iggy pop sexy in a dress either (or anything for that matter!) I'm sure there are people out there who do though, and to answer the OP's question, yes that's allowed, and fine, (and real).

Also, checkmate.
(more of a skirt but still.)

5b51a39d45be2be06fec12bdd01d69f7--im-fabulous-funny-things.jpg

Rayis

Drag Queens are my life and a lot of them identify as men and they're gorgeous! so of course, men can be pretty!

Like, look at Courtney Act!

Courtney_Actx400d.jpg

Or Tatianna!

0e5282b72cbb61903f339b6d1c2b5b6e--rupaul-drag-gags.jpg

they identify as men and are pretty af

KillLaCam

Banned
I'm sure there are people that wouldn't call you pretty wearing jeans and a white t. Point is you're just stating what you find attractive/acceptable ect. I don't find iggy pop sexy in a dress either (or anything for that matter!) I'm sure there are people out there who do though, and to answer the OP's question, yes that's allowed, and fine, (and real).

Naw, that's not even close to where I was going with this. Most guys that i'd call attractive don't even fit what I think of when I say pretty.
The pretty that I was thinking of was closer to this definition :(of a person, especially a woman or child) attractive in a delicate way without being truly beautiful or handsome. It was mostly a joke on that definition lol.
Not necessarily sexy haha
Like Prince and Kpop people are pretty. He was manly af in a dress, no where near "delicate" looking.
Also, checkmate.
(more of a skirt but still.)

5b51a39d45be2be06fec12bdd01d69f7--im-fabulous-funny-things.jpg
Thats sexayyyy

So to support your argument you post a picture of old Iggy Pop? Really?
It was just a joke. But he's definitely not "delicate" looking. Which is what I was thinking of when he said "pretty" . I was saying that wearing a dress doesn't make you less of a man. I guess I should have just used a pic of someone in a kilt or something.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I mean, men are legally allowed to cross dress and wear feminine clothing to my knowledge. Past that it’s more of a discussion of should they be allowed to do so without consequences. Right now I’d say in most of the geographic United States that there will be negative social ramifications for doing so.

The idea of calling a man “pretty” is old as all hell though since I grew up with many guys that women would consider “pretty” and got all kinds of attention from them. 80s glam rockers and Prince never really had trouble but their style seems more effeminate than anything else rather than full drag. So if the question is whether or not there’s room within the majority of current social norms for men to be slightly feminine without a whole lot of afterthought, absolutely. Anything more probably requires societal change.

Doesn’t really bother me personally obviously

That's an oversimplification.

Men can't be childbearers.

Don’t you oppress me!

_Ryo_

Yes. People should generally feel free to do whatever they'd like, as long as they do not impede on others rights or freedoms.

The gay community isnt completely accepting of fem guys so you can imagine the shit guys would get outside of it.
A lot of cisgendered White gay men are proprietors of racism, internalized homophobia, and misogyny. At the heart of things, cis-gay White men are still White men, and if they choose not to expose themselves to intersectionality, they’ll remain set in their self-important, selfish ways. (See: Milo Y.)

NH Apache

Banned
One of my old professors who is incredibly well respected in my engineering field wore a dress everyday to class. He's been with his wife for 20+ years. Great guy.

He now runs a firm on the west coast and still does.

wandering

Banned
The gay community isnt completely accepting of fem guys so you can imagine the shit guys would get outside of it.

They had not yet invented pants.

Funnily enough because I don’t conform to some of the American standards of masculinity a lot of people assume I’m gay.

Also, pants were invented in prehistoric times yo

Ratrat

A lot of cisgendered White gay men are proprietors of racism, internalized homophobia, and misogyny. At the heart of things, cis-gay White men are still White men, and if they choose not to expose themselves to intersectionality, they’ll remain set in their self-important, selfish ways. (See: Milo Y.)
I thought that creep did drag. He's also jewish I think. I wonder if he'll come out as trans one day just for the sake of being provacative.
Funnily enough because I don’t conform to some of the American standards of masculinity a lot of people assume I’m gay.

Also, pants were invented in prehistoric times yo
*Europeans.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Add jeffre star who happens to be a known bigot, transphobic and misogynist yet gets a million chances from people.

Reeks

if women want to bang you while wearing a dress, then i don't see why not

problem is women don't want to bang a man wearing a dress

there are plenty of women who will bang feminine guys though, up to a certain threshold
I'm not diametrically opposed to the idea.

HMD

Isn't South Korean and Japanese male fashion all about being pretty? Not necessarily wearing dresses or skirts but feminine looking men seem fashionable there.

depths20XX

Are they allowed to? Sure. However, depending on your social circle or environment it may be difficult.

The honest fact is that a male being "pretty" or caring about his looks too much is often considered gay. Even though that may not be your orientation.

Women and men both contribute to this attitude.

EVOL 100%

I don't wear feminine clothes like dresses or whatever, but I became a lot more attractive when I began to embrace and accentuate my more feminine features.

Their words, not mine

darkziosj

Well alot of gay guys are pretty femenine, so yeah... you are allowed, but dresses? i think that depends what kind of dresses most countries won't allow a pretty muscular guy in a tight almost naked dress go around, you are allow in private sure, but in public i think that's a pretty complex thing since there's so many variables.

Top Bottom