• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Argument over Diablo loot ends in fatal shooting

sainraja

A side effect of gaming is thinking you can see everybody coming in real life and just press the dodge button. You are dead if somebody with access to being near you wants to. There is no two ways about it. He is not an NPC.
Ah....you must be pleasant to be around. Ugh. I didn't say that based on gaming habits....not sure why you got offended. All good if you don't agree. I understand that reality is a lot more dynamic — you're not necessarily wrong about that specific scenario when someone can blindside you (visibility of that person totally changes that mind you) but I am not wrong about what I said either. It entirely depends on the situation the person finds themselves in but with a knife, specially when that person is visible to you, you have a better chance compared with to a gun.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
Exactly. If he didn’t have an easy access to a fast killing machine, things would have ended differently.
If his friend didn’t get pissed and escalate the situation maybe he wouldn’t have felt the need to shoot him?

I think it was a bad shoot anyways but not because he simply “had the gun on his desk”. He is well within his rights to do that. He is within his rights to hold it. But he messed up at least two times. Saying his friend was going to get shot. Fired a warning shot and possibly entering the house with bad intentions.

On the flip side if he didn’t do any of that stayed at his desk and his friend came and threatened violence it would have been clear self defense.

Part of self defense is deescalation. The last resort is lethal force.

Last edited:
Top Bottom