• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Argument over Diablo loot ends in fatal shooting

Fredrik

I can't see how anything is worth jailtime tbh. The thought alone of being sent to prison scares the shit out of me, think i'd rather just die.
I don’t know, I think certain things might get you to black out and make all rational thoughts go bye bye, like if someone does anything bad to your family.
But I don’t even hit my controller if something bad happens in a game, seems so shortsighted. I rage uninstalled Valhalla though when a save bug dropped me back from hour 50 to hour 20 😬

Marvel14

Banned
A crime that was done due to sheer stupidity of humanity, and the scapegoat will most likely be the gun.
It IS the easiest and most hassle free way to seriously injury or kill someone on a whim. You can do it at distance and all you need is to aim and squeeze a trigger.

Stabbing someone (which would be the equivalent story in Europe) is a much more personal and involved experience.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

this guy must have had something else happening before this loot incident no fucking doubt. Shit day in the office among other things then comes back to some guy ranting about loot and thought 'Fuck it'
that and im sure they had built up gripes and annoyances with each other after 26 years of friendship. that happens with any relationship that lasts that long.

jfc, what a psychopath

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
So much freedom.
That quote seems to be unrelated.
It probably happened way before the incident. A lot of people have firearms on their desks.

the problem happened when the victim got verbally abusive and then said shooter friend said he is going to get shot.

we don’t know why they went to the house. We don’t know what happened in the house.

both escelated the situation and someone got murdered over it. Stupid on both accounts.

Last edited:
That's where I live. It had nothing to do with video games. Guy was planning it for months. I personally know several of the victims.
Interesting side note. Our MLA was the voice of rogue on the X-Men cartoon in the 90s and she was not reelected due to her handling of this.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
That's where I live. It had nothing to do with video games. Guy was planning it for months. I personally know several of the victims.
Interesting side note. Our MLA was the voice of rogue on the X-Men cartoon in the 90s and she was not reelected due to her handling of this.

No one said it had anything to do with video games. Video games aren't the problem. Dipshit humans are and Canada isn't free of dipshit humans. There is no place that is.

No one said it had anything to do with video games. Video games aren't the problem. Dipshit humans are and Canada isn't free of dipshit humans. There is no place that is.
So you are equating an argument that escalated to murder to a mass murder planned shooting spree? Think we found one of those dip shit humans.

AlertInsecureGreatargus-max-1mb.gif

bender

What time is it?
So you are equating an argument that escalated to murder to a mass murder planned shooting spree? Think we found one of those dip shit humans.

Work on your comprehension. Thinking any country is above needless taking of life is moronic and that's what I was responding to.

Last edited:
Jesus, the “Typical American” stereotype in this thread is stupid. There are dumbasses in every corner of the globe. Some use fists, some clubs or bats, others use knives and some use guns. No matter where you go though, there’s a piece of shit regardless of where you step.

Work on your comprehension. Thinking any country is above needless taking of life is moronic and that's what I was responding to.
Do you understand what thread your posting in? Do you understand the circumstance of the murder in this thread? Maybe just maybe they were referring to murders about video games with your trusty handgun. You are equating 2 very different things. Maybe you should work on your comprehension because you don't understand basic context.

bender

What time is it?
Do you understand what thread your posting in? Do you understand the circumstance of the murder in this thread? Maybe just maybe they were referring to murders about video games with your trusty handgun. You are equating 2 very different things. Maybe you should work on your comprehension because you don't understand basic context.

Yes. Do you understand what I was replying to?

"this retarded shit doesnt happen in canada"

It's a dumb fucking statement. I'm not equating it to video games or comparing the severity of those circumstances, but rather the folly of man. If you think Canadians or any nationality is above gross overactions that lead to senseless homicides, I'm not sure what to tell you. Or maybe we just have very different understandings of "retarded shit", which I'd classify a mass murder as.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
"I asked him why his pistol was next [to] the computer. [Spellman] replied, 'Why not? This is America.'"
It certainly is.
I was hoping it would be like Jeopardy, "In what country would gamers have a gun at the table and shoot friends over video game loot?"

It would be an answer of brotherhood where all gamers and console warriors would band together and say, "What is the US of A"

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It's a dumb fucking statement. I'm not equating it to video games or comparing the severity of those circumstances, but rather the folly of man. If you think Canadians or any nationality is above gross overactions that lead to senseless homicides, I'm not sure what to tell you. Or maybe we just have very different understandings of "retarded shit", which I'd classify a mass murder as.
Well, to be fair. Name one country that has giant gun violence like the US where guys going postal and school shootings probably happen every week (but we only find out the big events).

I dont think even those African nations where you hear about villages being raided by warlords and rebels even has gun violence like the US. And those are people running around with AK47s.

bender

What time is it?
Well, to be fair. Name one country that has giant gun violence like the US where guys going postal and school shootings probably happen every week (but we only find out the big events).

I dont think even those African nations where you hear about villages being raided by warlords and rebels even has gun violence like the US. And those are people running around with AK47s.

I'm not defending America or Americans.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If Diablo loot is enough to make someone go nuts, just imagine if you were at the guy's house and grabbed a beer out of his fridge without his permission.

He'd probably make your entire family 6 feet under.

You and I both know that's not what they meant. You are not arguing their comment because you are not defining *retarded shit" the same. In Canada we do have very dumb violence in a similar vein to the thread topic. Post some of that because your current rebuttal is invalid.

Dr Bass

Please go look at actual numbers.

Also the guy in question in this article is a complete idiot and better be put away forever.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I'm not really convinced on the strength of their friendship if he could shoot someone over something so petty. I love gaming, but people do need to get out more if they are only having parasocial friendships with no empathy or concept of the existence of other sentience. I see people almost start to treat reality as some kind of disassociated virtual experience. If you get that detached, seek help.

Gamerguy84

How fucking stupid is this dumbass? Whenever I see shit like this I'm dumbfounded.

It's always like OK I guess you won that argument and where did that get you? Most likely life in jail. Not to mention you took a life and caused a shit load of pain on his family (probably). IDC how mad you get this is the dumbest shit.

Being an American that owns hunting rifles and personal protection firearms I won't get into my personal stance on gun ownership and the laws here but despite owning them it's probably not what you think. Just not opening that hotbed topic.

There was another killing recently over a PS5 deal recently, it's all senseless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom