• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArmaGAF Community Thread: DayZ was actually a mod

artsi

Some good stuff coming soon, with some of it already in development branch.

There are plenty of new features heading onto Dev-Branch just as you read these lines. Our programmers have decided to make the lives of content creators easier, mainly for those creating new models. They will be able to use a technology that generates shadows of objects on-the-fly based on the shape of a resolution LOD. Two occlusion-related features are joining the party too, one of them being a new ambient occlusion technology HBAO+ (available in the Video Options > AA & PP). The other allows creators to place shapes and faces that prevent drawing of anything behind the so-called Geometric Occluders (developed for our company's new Enfusion engine, parts of which can still benefit Arma 3). This has not been fully implemented in our data yet, but it should provide a gain of performance mainly in urban areas. Existing content will continue to work, but using the new tech will require models to be updated to benefit from it.

All these new features still need to be properly documented, and that brings us to the most important change: new parallax technology for ground surfaces. It's been already documented on the Community Wiki, because it changes the way parallax behaves even for custom-made terrains! The effect will likely work, but its depth may be more than you'd like. See the documentation for a simple guide on how to correct this. The major benefit of this change is to remove the ugly artifacts when moving close to the ground. We hope you are going to like these post-holiday gifts and we're looking for your feedback on them.

Also, (video) screenshot of upcoming screen space reflections:

cY6GJE3.jpg

The game is getting mad support, and it's now almost 3 years from the first public alpha version. I'd imagine at least 1-2 years before Arma 4 development starts. (maybe less if Tanoa will be the only expansion, but I doubt it)

keraj37

Sorry for bump, but I don't want to start new thread for my question.

I am trying to find any good graphics mods for Arma 3, I didn't have much luck so far so I want to ask: Do you know any mods that make this already nice looking game even better?

I have already maxed out all graphical settings - looks nice, but this is not Battlefront level.

Maybe I should just use SweetFX/Reshade etc?

keraj37

I made a scenario you can subscribe to here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917153682

It is at very beginning of development but it is already gives me a lot of fun, so I thought I will share it here.

Here is some info about it:
You are alone marksman behind enemy lines. You are chased by many enemies and under artillery fire.

* Enemies are randomly generated
* Artillery strikes are randomly generated
* The game is endless
* Every killed enemy triggers hint where you can see how many allready died
* Enemies are at quite very low skill level

No DLC or mod needed - just a vanila Arma3.

Top Bottom