• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armature: "that's the plan" regarding UE4 on Wii U version of Bloodstained

V-Faction

Just realized, a lot of my memories of the older Castlevania games revolve around the great Castlevania songs. Bloodstained is going to have to bring the heat in the music department.

That's cool for Wii U. I'm glad I got options.

jackal27

Banned
Oh dang son! Interested to see how they make this work. I'm going to own this game on so many platforms (if it's good).

Orayn

Not too surprising. IIRC Epic never said it was impossible to make UE4 run on Wii U, just that it wasn't one of their directly supported platforms. The engine is fairly scalable as evidenced by the demos that run on phones and tablets.

GAF... was wrong??

6Fy2vV5.gif

Ridley327

Not too surprising IMO. Epic never said it was impossible to make UE4 run on Wii U, just that it wasn't one of their directly supported platforms. The engine is fairly scalable as evidenced by the demos that run on phones and tablets.

And Armature already has solid experience working with engines that prove troublesome for certain platforms with their Injustice Vita port!

Joking aside, I suspect they're going to do a good job with both versions. They won't be what they are on the other platforms, but it's still going to be Bloodstained and easily recognizable as such.

Durante

You're so dramatic.
Well, I care about the quality of the game. A direct port in the same engine makes platform considerations for Wii U and Vita far more likely to affect the development of the main version. I'm not happy about that.

Hurry, there's still time to reduce your pledge to negative dollars.
Look, I'm really sorry that I care more about the game than pushing my favourite platform.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wait...they will use the UE 4 on Vita ? Wait there will be a Vita version ? Wow....

Seems like the most efficient way to go about things, yeah. Was it ever confirmed that UE3 couldn't run on Wii U, technically speaking, or was it more the fact no one wanted to bother trying until now? I would assume if a phone can run it, so can the Wii U.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I care about the quality of the game. A direct port in the same engine makes platform considerations for Wii U and Vita far more likely to affect the development of the main version. I'm not happy about that.

Look, I'm really sorry that I care more about the game than pushing my favourite platform.
It's not made by Inti so...?

Sami+

We now how the thing ended before when somebody tried to port to Wii U an unsupported engine.
Sonic Boom.

This was my first thought.

That said, Bloodstained probably isn't going to be rushed to release. I hope they're able to accomplish their goal.

Ridley327

IGA has already sworn up and down that the Wii U/Vita version has no bearing on what they're doing at Inti Creates, right? At the risk of sounding dismissive of what all is happening, it just seems like they saw the demand for the game on those two systems and pawed it off to whoever was willing to do the job and left it there.

Anyone that said that doesn't understand how rendering engines work.

Now the big question is, how much of that engine will scale easily and well.

Today we already learned that lots of people confuse an operating system with the hardware its used on. Same goes for engines i guess.

V-Faction

I'm worried about what they could lose due to all this extra porting.

Fewer lines of corny dialogue?
Only a sideways castle instead of a fully upside-down one?
Just 10 versions of armored knights instead of 30?

These resources are precious.

Piccoro

So the Wii U will have Unreal Engine 4 compatibility just because of Bloodstained. Cool.
Hope more devs use UE4 on Wii U.

Wonko_C

Just realized, a lot of my memories of the older Castlevania games revolve around the great Castlevania songs. Bloodstained is going to have to bring the heat in the music department.

That's cool for Wii U. I'm glad I got options.

Michiru Yamane is composing the music, so that's pretty much guaranteed.

I'm worried about what they could lose due to all this extra porting.

Fewer lines of corny dialogue?
Only a sideways castle instead of a fully upside-down one?
Just 10 versions of armored knights instead of 30?

These resources are precious.

The final game is just a title screen.

"Press start"

Then the credits roll at 15fps. Week one patch fixes a bug where the game would crash at "special thanks". Hopefully Durante can fix PC performance.

Well let's hope that Armature don't get the mess that BigRedButton did in terms of time and budget.
Didn't half the staff on working on Sonic Boom have babies around the same time or something crazy like that too to add to that time and budget chaos.

It's an engine,
people seem to be thinking of "insert UE4 tech demo" that they've seen.
That seems to be case sometimes.

Rising_Hei

Everything is just as scalable as they want to make it :/

It might be using UE4, but that doesn't means the visuals will be any better than what we saw @ UE3 tho :p

Top Bottom