• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armband-wearing Nazi roams Seattle instigating, gets KOed, removes armband and leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
Hypothetical:

What if Nazi guy was a girl and everything else in the video is exactly the same.

She gets surrounded by 3 or 4 guys and one of them punches her out.

Does anyone's opinion of the situation change?

pretty funny how this thread is FULL of ''hypotheticals'' and whataboutism

your situation isn't what happened, what is the point of posting it here? trying to make us feel bad because ''what if'' for supporting a nazi getting punched?

EDIT:

And now, Hypothetical Question B:

Nazi Guy or Nazi Girl gets surrounded by 3 or 4 guys.

But instead of punching him/her out, they sexually assault him/her.

Does your opinion of that situation change?

I'm curious where people would draw the line, if at all.

LMFAO , guess your intentions are clear now

NoName999

Oh my fucking God with these outlandish hypotheticals!

Honestly some of you should just admit "Don't rock the boat. Minorities should just take it"

The Kree

Banned
pretty funny how this thread is FULL of ''hypotheticals'' and whataboutism

your situation isn't what happened, what is the point of posting it here? trying to make us feel bad because ''what if'' for supporting a nazi getting punched?

They resort to hypotheticals because they're not interested in dealing with reality. We can only speculate on why that is, though.

Absolutely agree. But that doesn't have to mean that you use violence.
Don't get me wrong, i also have the same sadistic urges as the next guy when i see intolerance in the shape of a racist or a neonazi. But i just think we need to try and stand above that. Legislation should be constructed in a way that intolerance isn't accepted in any way.
And the punishment should not be just jail-time but also a long period of education and reintegration.

edit: lol at the Hypothetical posts...

Yep, that's what needs to be done long term. But short term, a knocked out Nazi here and there sends an important message. Enough is enough. Talk shit get hit.

Again, long term those punches have little to no effect, but they can start a process and hopefully will do so.

Sibylus

Banned
If a hypothetical child with a terminal illness expressed a last wish to deck their room in swastikas and spit on some degenerates, I would actualize the wish and eat it in front of them.

Stupid hypotheticals don't warrant serious answers.

What if a kid has cancer and his wish to the make a wish foundation is to go to downtown Seattle wearing a nazi armband and yell at people? Would it still be okay to punch him?

_Ryo_

How can a Nazi be any less of a Nazi depending on their sex/gender? They can not. They are still a Nazi and are an extremely evil piece of shit. It's like saying "What if the serial murderer (who has killed before) who just put a knife to your neck, and a gun to your head were a woman?" to someone who punched their attacker in the face and ran away.

How would that make any difference? They're trying to kill you either way. Stop them. And make no mistake Nazi's ultimate goal is the eradication and complete genocide of several minority groups. There's no use to feeling guilty when one is punched in the face.

... why are you doing this..

It's basically a slippery slope test.

As I posted above, I'm trying to guage how much violence is acceptable to some people when stuff like this happens.

A punch? Murder?

I think people are being way to cavalier with their responses in here.

But maybe it's just me that's concerned about it?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking hypotheticals.

Lois_Lane

As I posted above, I'm trying to guage how much violence is acceptable to some people when stuff like this happens.

A punch? Murder?

Your hypotheticals are utter worthless garbage. Sexually assaulting someone is an utter necessary escalation that is no more effective than a good punch to the face. We want the Nazi to sop harrasing people and you can do that without rape.

Are you trying to paint nazis as victims of their upbringing? They're fucking nazis. I can understand being a little racist because of your upbringing (tho even then with the Internet it should be pretty easy to educate yourself), but being a nazi? Nope. They should be glad to get away with just a punch to the face.

Wearing a swastika and harassing people on public transit are choices that have consequences.

Everybody who comes into these threads decrying violence seems to fail to provide doable alternative forms of punishment for abhorrent acts of free will.

If you decide to take a vile belief and threaten others lives, you deserve punishment (as seen in the OP)

"Evil" isn't a thing your born with, though

You're not concerned by anything. You are trolling and being insincere trying to "extend the discussion".

Take a step back and ask yourself why, a day later you are still so "concerned".

Fuck the people giving Nazis an out with some mental illness defense. I have family members who deal with real mental illness. You people should be knocked out too stigmatizing mental illness by basically equating it to being a Nazi. Fuck you.
It's ironic how fascist sympathizers are now trying to defend Nazis by claiming they're mentally ill like many of those unfortunate mentally and physically disabled people Nazis sent to the ovens in their concentration camps in the first place along with gays, jews, gypsies and others.

The irony

SilentRob

What if the Nazi was actually your grandmother and instead of a Nazi your grandmother was a communist and instead of getting punched she's getting flowers?

Really makes you think.

Not like right leaning sympathizers don't often use the language of the left when they cry foul :p

Since I have an issue with some of the language used by the pro-punchers (funny cause they are using the language of the 'right' in many of their posts), and also I questioned if punching him was the correct course of action, please point to any parts of my posts in this thread that shows me to be a right leaning sympathizer.

Also the left has to stop with the bullshit of calling other liberals names, because they don't agree 100% with them. I saw this is the Manning thread. We are not mindless sheep.

Funny I have actually gotten in a several physical fights in my life due to disagreements of political belief. I cold-cocked a redneck (knocked the skoal out of his cancer mouth), because he kept picking on me because I didn't agree with his backwood beliefs (I was bad mouthing Bush Sr. and it sent him over the edge). I was jumped in a store my junior year in high school by 3 rednecks because I had long hair. I got my ass beat twice (once on the way to school and than after school) in elementary school, because I told an older kid to stop calling a African-American girl the N word. I told the principal, and he didn't do a thing. Of course I grew up in the South in the 70's and 80's (I just turned 45) so you shouldn't be surprised a kid raised by hippie liberal mother would have issues during this time. The only reason I say anything about this is for you to be sure that I understand the need to punch. It is just the older and wiser version of me is just not sure if punching was needed in this case.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Feels like a lot of people have forgotten what Nazis are and what they actually did. Especially younger people. Is this an educational problem? Are people not being taught history in school?

atomsk

Party Pooper

A punch? Murder?

Hypothetical situation - You're coming home after a long and exhausting day at work, to see your entire family chained up. Some Terrorists have taken them hostage, and are holding AK-47(LOADED!) to their heads. One of the terrorists try to tell you something, but you don't quite understand it, as the sheet covering his face sounds, makes his voice sound muzzled. And he also speaks arabic, which you don't know(and if you know Arabic, he talks with strange country-side dialect or you just forgot that day). You can kinda make out that he is saying that he will kill you're entire family if you don't have sex with an animal. He said, not to ask why, as you are about to ask why - And that it doesn't matter.
You can choose any animal , or he will kill you.
What animal would you choose to have intercourse with?

As a side note - The intercourse would have to be mutual. You would both have to give and receive, meaning that it would be cheating if you said you just wanted to court a ladybug, and rub it on you're genitals. That is not sex. That is just touching. The genitals has to be physically exchanged between the two creatures. This is the terrorists law.

Ikon

What always confuses me is how nazism is becoming so popular in the country that is to thank for ending the tyranny of Nazi Germany.

Are these people now saying that helping end WW2 wasn't for the best of all mankind or what?

The Kree

Banned
You claim to wanna have a nuanced discussion about violence while insinuating that punching eventually leads to rape.

Mmmkay. Sure.

I'm torn on this on. On the one hand vigilante justice tends to get out of hand and end badly incredible quickly.

On the other hand, he is a Nazi. If the USA had kept punching Nazi's after WWII maybe people wouldn't think it was still acceptable to be one and a white supremacist wouldn't be in the oval office.

I'm torn on this as well... it's kind of ironic that Antifa's populist appeal and use of cutting edge communications media echoes of the rise of the German Nazi party some 80 years ago...

And you do realize that the America that defeated Nazi-ism was a segregated America, right? Sure, we would celebrate Jesse Owens in Berlin but blacks were segregated in all of the services. Tuskegee Airmen anybody?

The fact is that most of the men that fought World War II for the American side would identify far more comfortably with Donald Trump than they ever would with Barak Obama. We are so far removed from the wholly institutionalized and open racism of that time that we can barely comprehend it now, but it was very real, and utterly pervasive.

What always confuses me is how nazism is becoming so popular in the country that is to thank for ending the tyranny of Nazi Germany.

Are these people now saying that helping end WW2 wasn't for the best of all mankind or what?

Nazism is on the rise in Russia as well?
(not that Soviet tyranny was any better, but the Soviets did far, far more to defeat the Germans than the Americans ever did)

To those who say violence against Nazis is never the answer....

What if it was an ISIS sympathizer carrying their flag and was harassing you and thought of you as an infidel?

Would you take the abuse or hit low?

DB5b7ni.png

A punch? Murder?

But your hypothetical isn't necessarily fair and your hypotheticals make it seem like you're attempting to make a false equivalence between people who are happy a Nazi, a literal Nazi, got punched in the face and people either murdering or raping a Nazi.

I think you know full well this thread wouldn't be all 'fuck yeah, serves 'em right' if this guy was murdered or raped. I know you felt the need to change his gender to really hammer home the despicable nature of the potential crime but tit isn't necessary, it still wouldn't be supported.

Sure, there may be one or two people who say they're not going to lose sleep over it but the thread would look very different. The replies you're getting is because this is fucking obvious to all involved and seems, to us, that it is a disingenuous attempt to change the narrative of this situation away from an Nazi getting punched in the face to something more troubling.

Harpuia

It's ironic how fascist sympathizers are now trying to defend Nazis by claiming they're mentally ill like many of those unfortunate mentally and physically disabled people Nazis sent to the ovens in their concentration camps in the first place along with gays, jews, gypsies and others.

The irony

It's an interesting phenomenon. Much like how white supremacists claim that they are discriminated and are unjustly called racists, they flip the accusations back on the groups that they themselves hate.
It's a similar concept here. The barrier that being considered disabled provides them is helpful, and so they use it so long as it fits their need

THEY'RE the disabled and discriminated, not the other people who actually are!

I honestly don't think one should lose sleep over this man. I'm just happy he didn't get killed for being an unforgiving shitter.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
What if I came into the thread, ignored everything and made up my own scenario so I can feel smug and superior while offering nothing?

Makes you think, right?

d9b

Banned

6fe.jpg

The USA had it's very own growing American Nazi movement that both parties tried to quash back in the early 20th century. There were a lot of immigrants of German descent in the USA and many heard the call of the Fatherland. I didn't even know about it until this year. Never heard or saw pictures about the subject in grade, middle, high school or even college. We're really bad at teaching when it comes to the subject of white supremacy.

DeviantBoi

Hypothetically, I think it would be totally okay to punch any of these people in the face if you saw them out on the street spewing hate:

rare-copy-of-hitlers-autobiography-mein-kampf-auctioned-for-usd-13k.jpg
821513297.jpg

himm9.jpg

225px-HeydrichPhoto1933.jpg

At one point in history, anyone who shot them dead would probably be called a hero.

jay

Hypothetically, I think it would be totally okay to punch any of these people in the face if you saw them out on the street spewing hate:

At one point in history, anyone who shot them dead would probably be called a hero.

Would you even try talking to them first?

Mr_Moogle

It was Russia who defeated Nazi Germany.

Dehnus

WTH is wrong with you?

Oh my fucking God with these outlandish hypotheticals!

Honestly some of you should just admit "Don't rock the boat. Minorities should just take it"

Is it okay to be against taking mistreatment AND think violence isn't the right move? You can get rid of a lot of issues by punching them. But typically we don't because we believe it's wrong.

Shit, you can't even stop the most powerful Nazis or white supremacists with your fists. There are so few who are willing to show their colors IRL.

For the most part, they gather like roaches on the internet. Politics, etc. And we find a number of ways to put a stop to it. Bans, destroying credibility, etc.

And everyone wants to compare it to Nazi Germany - the internet wasn't around then! You're punching the occasional bold asshole. That doesn't do anything to them - they're connected in so many other ways!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

LOL come on dude, are you trying to make those who applaud the Puncher here feel bad or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom