• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

Kade

Really fun game. Can't wait to add it to the local multiplayer rotation. Definitely prefer using the Pro Controller (and punching with the triggers instead of the face buttons) over motion controls though even though you lose some control. Didn't bother me though since I had a 10+ win streak.

Mistle

Man I suck at this.. Every match I've been completely wrecked lol. Trying to stick with motion controls but looking likely I'll switch to pro controller if this keeps up. Not really having fun which is a big surprise

I dislike the whole party feel, I want to fight 1 on 1 not a three FFA or volleyball, after this hour is up I doubt i'll play the other tests over the weekend.

The game is fun, just feels like a party game somewhat to me.

Peléo

Quick thoughts after 20 minutes: game looks really good in handheld mode, and is fun but playing without motion control I feel like I'm at a huge advantage? I've been shitting on people for 6 matches straight and I'm not really good, I do a lot of jump and dashes, mixing up some punches and that gets me to victory pretty easily. Maybe motion control is at a huge disadvantage for now.

How do you curve punches? Also, is blocking at Analog Press clunky or this it work well?

SenkiDala

The controls with the Joycons are really not great... At least with Pro controller it's so much better, I don't even see the point in playing online with joycons. In local or solo why not, have fun as you want but not online.

Rodin

Game seems excellent, just don't bother with motion controls. Control scheme is absolutely horrible. It also take also some getting used to, but it's a joy to play with the superior pro controller control scheme once you get used to it.

Netcode has also been absolutely perfect, very impressed.

Pudd

Neo Member
While it is fun to play and has great mechanics I can't see myself buying it for more than half price simply because I do not see enough meat here. Will pass and get it cheap in 2019 or so.

MazeHaze

Banned
I really don't like it.

1 v 1 seems....ok, not awful but meh

1v1v1 is awful because you can't turn around fast, so if you want to punch someone there is always someone else behind you punching your back.

And volleyball is just frustrating.

Yaari

Couldnt do the hooker punches at all, or the guard. Felt like my joycons werent even working properly. Ugh.

Yeah i really dont like that mode. I just got ganged up on really fast :/.

It was souring me on it when I had 5 mqtches in a row like that then 2 volleyball. Finally got a 1 on 1 match and liked it. Im sure I'll like the other modes but right now I want to learn in 1 on 1 mode.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm not one for fighting games, hell I generally don't bother with multiplayer games these days, but I think I might go for this after all.

Solobbos

My joycons are out for repair, so have to use my pro controller. I won 15 in a row and quit. Seemed fun, though. Might preorder.

This is so much fun to play. I've only used motion controls so far and have been having a pretty decent go of it other than my thumb constantly thinking I can use the left stick to move and sliding down. I'm gonna stick with it and then go pro controller next time. So far it's great, ninja guy seems super good so far. Along with noodle lady. Didn't think I'd be this excited for a silly boxing game.

Arms is fun, but unlikes splatoon where an hour just flew by and I wanted more, 30 minutes of the test punch and I'm already good.

Only used motion controls, they worked extremely well though in the heat of the action if I started waggling I'd get wrecked. Ribbon girl seemed a bit too powerful with her triple jump I spammed the shit out of it and nobody seemed to have any counter while I reigned blows from the sky. The heavy characters don't seem to be any good maybe once you get better at the game but I rarely saw anyone playing mumra and mechanica and when I did they were losing or got stomped by me.

The test punch needs one more mode, volley ball is fairly rare and it's not that fun in a 1 on 1 enviroment.

3 way free for alls are terrible, is there no way to switch who you're facing? If someone flanks you all you can do is leap, dodge, and pray a grab isn't coming.

phanphare

Banned
this game is really fun

played as min min, ribbon girl, master mummy, and mechanica

I liked mechanica the best

I don't know if the game is my cup of tea or not but there's definitely something really cool here whether it hits with me or not

First impression, this game is a ton of fun. I'm a NRS fighting game type, but this game is hooking me even faster than Injustice did. Motion controls definitely need some getting used to, but I'm feeling it.

Spring Man is my boy so far. I tried Master Mummy, but too slow for me. :(

How do you change targets when using motion controls? I saw some people saying flick the stick but that doesn't work with motion controls.

Anyone? :)

Top Bottom