• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

OVDRobo

Really not liking the motion controls after switching to standard controller style. Just being able to throw punches quicker, guard and dash as quickly as I want and move and angle my punches without the delay of motion is a dealbreaker. Doesn't help that guarding is so finicky with motion controls either.

I'm enjoying the game for what it is so far, but it definitely feels more like a party game than anything to be taken vaguely seriously. Fine by me since that's what I go to Nintendo for anyway. Not sure if I'll buy it at launch unless it gets glowing reviews, but maybe after a price drop if the community doesn't dry up.

nubbe

hey ya'll

hqdefault.jpg

it is when I use it!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I feel like this should have been restricted to 1 on 1

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Noooooooooooooooo. Embrace the chaos.

1v1 is for ranked.

Just as far as figuring out how to play the game..I'm just completely lost when it gets beyond 1 v 1.

Happy others are liking it

Biske

I guess I'll go buy a LAN adapter. Cause its 2017 and nintendo cant figure out wifi or be bothered to test their fucking hardware

Quit motion controls almost right away, unfortunately :(

Switched to buttons and IMMEDIATELY started to get the hang of it/got consecutive wins

I feel like Nintendo purposely avoided giving pro controller users the option to punch with the triggers and block with a dedicated button...

Maengun1

I am having WAY too much success in the 3 and 4 person matches by just hiding in a corner and letting everyone else chip each others health down
KuGsj.gif
TadkV.gif

Blarg

Neo Member
My take after 30 minutes: I think this game is just ok. The tried and true RPS of attack/block/grab is there, but there doesn't seem to be much depth beyond that. I didn't like the way attacking felt; you have to wait for your arm to fly out then reel back in, and you're slowed and vulnerable the whole time. There aren't really combos (unless I didn't know what I was doing, which is possible) except that rush thing, which is just automatic after building up meter. And all you do is spam attacks to build up meter.

So I dunno. Seems like it would be fun every once in a while as part of an enhanced Wii Sports type of game, but I don't think I would purchase it on its own.

H13

If you guys having problem with motion control, try using the normal controllers method, makes the games more fun and easier for me

Top Bottom