• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

selo

Not really feeling the motion controls, its harder to jump/dash, which seem crucial to win. I wish you could play dual joycon but without motion controls (can't use grip cause I have these guard things for the joycons, hassle to put on/remove)

Like others have said, I enjoyed 1 v 1, but the other modes not so much

So far my quick 20-minute impressions with the Pro controller and handheld: it feels good to play, but I want to change the button layout so bad.

1v1 is a blast

2V2 is a clusterfuck.

Thery're going to let you choose what mode you want to play in the full release....right? Please say yes.

jmizzal

Aww yea

DAy0_R_U0AETyBw.jpg:large

DAy00LQUQAELcmN.jpg:large

trixx

I remember people back then said Splatoon was shallow. Look what we got at the end lol
I think most people enjoyed enjoyed the Splatoon testfire enough to pick it up and play more

This game has way more content but to me it's going to be pretty polarizing.

1v1 is pretty fun imo. Other than that ehh

jwk94

This game needs a way to aim with the motion controls. Those matches where you're going up against more than one person are way too hard without a proper way to keep track of everyone.

Cyanity

Banned
Jumped for joy after winning a round and accidentally punched out one of my ceiling lights. Currently picking shards of glass out of my hand :)

The motion controls take some getting use to for movement/blocking but I am really enjoying this. I also tried the pro controller and that worked well.

Might be a day one for me.

sanstesy

Honestly these are some of the most complex motion controls ever for a game. People who don't like them in other games will hate them here.

dezzy8

This game is the fucking GOAT. The motion controls clicked instantly and it is so fun.
Every character is equally fun. It feels so good dodging punches and countering.

R0ckman

Played for 20 minutes, a damn ton of fun. No regrets on the preorder. Can't wait for June 16th. 2 vs 2 is really fun, as well as free for alls.

Just pre-ordered this game.

This a lot more fun than i thought.
I am having WAY too much success in the 3 and 4 person matches by just hiding in a corner and letting everyone else chip each others health down
KuGsj.gif
TadkV.gif
This is me. But I'm pretty good at sniping at the person who is getting hammered. Lol

Nephix

Ended up winning most my matches playing Min Min with two of those spinning boomerang-ish things.
Crazy how responsive and intuitive the motion controls are once you get a hang of it. 1v1v1 is pretty damn awful though.

Dominated with Mechanica. Fun game, really cant get used to motion so I switched out as soon as I figured out I could and started doing great.

Haines

Banned
I need to wrap my head around the strengths of different arms and how to utilize them

Holding dash charges your arm.

Padinn

My wife said she thought it was okay. Then she 1v1 someone, didn't get hit once, and was grinning. She kicked ass lol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
why are people assuming the game only has 2v2 or more than 2 people fighting lmao

it's like they forgot the whole test fights before

NEO0MJ

Had some good fun, but man controlling Helix seems to be a pain. He's not very straightforward at all. That's the point, I know, but still.

Zalman

The game is perfectly playable with traditional controls. I'm a little surprised by how much they downplayed them.

SenkiDala

Dominated with Mechanica. Fun game, really cant get used to motion so I switched out as soon as I figured out I could and started doing great.

Yeah... I wouldn't say it's unplayable with motion controls, but... It's not great at all, it's slow, clunky and all.

Top Bottom