• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS - Introducing Lola Pop - Nintendo Switch

mas8705

There was one comment that I loved about this character I've seen in comment sections.

"At least she isn't Thicc-" *inserts scene of her suddenly inflating herself"

mas8705

So how many other characters were data mined?

Quite a bit still.

Unknown Character Codenames
Plant
Chain
Coil
Robo
Scroll
Sumo
Surprise
Sweet
Twintale

We at least know that Sweet is Lola Pop now, so we still apparently have another eight characters to go to bring the count to 20.

To do the Lanky Kong parody properly you gotta change up the words a little but it still fits perfectly:

She has sweet style
De-lec-ta-ble taste
This ARMS fighter has a funny face
She can air block
When she needs to
And stretch her arms out
Just
For
You
Inflate herself,
Just like a ba-loon
This candy gal
Just digs this tune

Lola!
Lola Pop!
Lola!
Lola Pop is here!

I hate clowns but she is super cute and aside from the red nose doesn't really exude any of the qualities that make normal clowns horrifying. I gotta pick up this game! @_@

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Creepy as fuck. Does Japan not realize how freaky clowns are? Maybe they're sweet and cuddly over there, but to many people they're the the scariest type of monster.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
As I mentioned in the other thread, the title screens seem to indicate Spring Man and Max Brass are "rivals" as are Ribbon Girl and Lola Pop.

I assume the remaining eight DLC character may pair with the remaining eight members of the initial roster---I can see "Scroll" being a rival ninja, or ninja master, to Ninjara for instance with ninja summon scroll arms.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the title screens seem to indicate Spring Man and Max Brass are "rivals" as are Ribbon Girl and Lola Pop.

I assume the remaining eight DLC character may pair with the remaining eight members of the initial roster---I can see "Scroll" being a rival ninja, or ninja master, to Ninjara for instance with ninja summon scroll arms.

Ribbon Girl's rival is Twintelle.

Maybe this isn't the best thread to ask this, but how accessible is ARMS? My partner has a 7 year-old that has taken to my Switch and playing Mario Kart (albeit handicapped with the accessibility options). I'd like to introduce to her to more than just karting.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ribbon Girl's rival is Twintelle.

Well, the new title screens seem to be pairing off each new character with an original member---like Spring Man and Ninjara used to be paired as rivals, but now we have Max Brass contrasting with him.

AColdDay

Maybe this isn't the best thread to ask this, but how accessible is ARMS? My partner has a 7 year-old that has taken to my Switch and playing Mario Kart (albeit handicapped with the accessibility options). I'd like to introduce to her to more than just karting.

Extremely accessible for young kids. I play the game with my 5 year old several times a week.

Can your 7 year old wail her arms around? Make punching gestures?

LotusHD

Banned

There was this video where a 4 year old won a few matches. I'm sure your kid will be just fine, game's a lot of fun.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is the test lunch a solid block over the weekend, or specific slots like before? Can’t find out much about it

Creepy as fuck. Does Japan not realize how freaky clowns are? Maybe they're sweet and cuddly over there, but to many people they're the the scariest type of monster.
She's based on the less creepy French pierrot clowns, and she doesn't even have facepaint on. If anything the entire clown makeup is just her fighting mask, nose included

Doorman

By the way, thanks to that GameXplain video we also know the names of her default ARMS too:

The nunchuck-style weapon is "Funchuck" (lol)
The stamp-of-approval hydra type is either "Biffer" or "Biffler" or something close to it, I had a hard time making it out myself
The reflector-style shield arm is "Clapback"

Not bad all in all. Looking forward to seeing her alt-colors too! I'd be shocked if we don't at least get cotton candy colors kind of like Min Min's powder blue alt, and a black and white mime-style outfit.

kids half the age have enough speed in their hands to punch through a tournament unsupervised

just don't forget the straps - make it a habit to put them on before even launching the game

Sonic Mania with only 1 action button is also accessible - great for learning to control momentum

jPizdcT.png

Top Bottom