• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS - Introducing Lola Pop - Nintendo Switch

I wasn't completely crazy when I thought Twintelle wasn't dubbed by a native speaker :p.

You're not the only one!

Personally I even thought she was voiced by several different Voice Actors, because the accent and the voice's deepness changes from quip to quip. "Au revoir!", "C'est parti", "Twintelle" sounding French enough, while "Attention!", "Femme fatale", "Bien Joué" sounding like non-native French, and some grunts and the English quips like "Twintelle slap", "Hell whip", "Hello" sounds like a deeper, more mature voice. (And least to me it didn't sound like the person saying "Delicious" impeccably was the same person that says "Two to tango" in a difficult to decipher way, but I'm probably wrong on that one.)

Well, there's left to see how it compares to this new (also Francophone?) character goes when we get more footage. :p

Edit: the links work but only if you refresh the page... Dunno why?

Just in time for "It",

lol
tumblr_o4tfiddxqq1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Nintendo must be doing some cross marketing with WB.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
She inflates herself just like a balloon?

That's crazy! I dig her tune.

a4c93d22d21835a20629d635335526d349fc3a60_full.jpg

Presented with only minor alterations:

She has no style, she has no grace
This clown has a funny face
She can handstand when he needs to
And stretch her arms out, just for you
Inflate herself just like a balloon
This crazy clown just digs this tune
Huh

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Camjo-Z

Whoa, she looks great. Probably won't use the blinding Hydras too much but the nunchuks and reflectors look really good, her advancing guard/quick drop ability seems like it'll be extremely useful too.

She says oh la la and aïe (french for ouch) when she gets hit. That stage also clearly looks like a stereotypical french town as seen by japanese people and France has a well known reputation when it comes to desserts and sweets with patisserie. She's definitely french inspired.

She does say "Ouh la la" but it seems it's Ribbon Girl that says "aïe". Until there's more footage, the only other word you could try to take a guess from is "Abracadrabra"
Because it looks more sunny and food-related, it thought the stage itself could also be Italia-inspired, but I'm not sure anymore.

RRockman

Banned
Oh snap nintendo made clowns cute. Although I can't wait for the IT crossover fanart.

September is going to be a long wait...

I like her. But what I really want are those new shields 😍

Huh, none of this till some indeterminate September date? I was hoping it'd be much much sooner than that.

Who was that Gaffer doing all the speculation? Looks like he got it spot on right? Good job man!

We need professor's analysis of the vid!

Seems like she can deflect using her inflate powers?

At your service! Though, I cannot take full credit for the speculation; the entire Datamine thread helped me! I'll repost my analysis here for convenience:

Professor Lexicovermis said:
Wow, of course she gets revealed after I'd given up on teases!

It looks like most of our speculation was entirely correct! Here's my analysis:

As expected, she is indeed a clown. This includes the clown pants and jester hat we had spotted, though I was incorrect in thinking her hat was a hybrid jester/chef hat.

It seems that her Nunchucks don't quite behave as I'd thought, but they have a similar concept. The Neo-Guardian behaves precisely as we'd thought. The Blindra is interesting; it's nice to see a new Blind ARM!

Her abilities are a bit different than we'd thought. It seems they rely on her blocking. It seems she can block in midair and slide across the ground while blocking! It also seems that her air block allows her to bounce off the ground, charging her ARMS. As we theorized, it seems that Lola is indeed a more agile tank type character, with an emphasis on blocking and deflecting.

The only thing we really got wrong was thinking she would be bubblegum themed. Instead, her ARMS are made of a personal favorite of mine: ribbon candy!

Finally, we see some more details on Lola's stage. It seems to be larger than any other we've seen, with a cafe right in the middle. This should be an interesting venue!

I also can't believe how close I was to predicting her name!

All in all, she looks great! I can't wait for 3.0!

RM8

You can tell ARMS is not a traditional fighting game because the female characters are wearing clothes.

No but really she looks really cool, I'll try playing as her whenever I get a Switch and ARMS. Some day :(

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Speaking of weird fan-art, searching for Ninjara on google gives some...um...interesting results.

random25

How is her ability to air-block going to affect the strategy in this game? Seems like an insane advantage.

We don't know much but it depends on how good the mid-air block is. Others such as Twintelle and Ribbon Girl already have the advantage of evading attacks while airborne.

Amani

This may or may not be my aesthetic.

Naw, but that shield and those soda-chucks are pretty interesting arms.

Top Bottom