• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS: Japanese Grand Prix in Fall, Dashboard Site Open, & Max Brass in Mid-July

Following an official online tournament held yesterday to celebrate the launch with high-ranked Japanese players (archive here), Nintendo opened a Dashboard site for ranked mode. Currently only features data for the top 200 Japanese players. Hopefully sites for Western markets will open soon.

ARMS Dashboard
Full Rankings

They also announced the ARMS Japan Grand Prix 2017 to be held in Fall, with qualifying rounds in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, and Fukuoka.
arms_jgp_2017_hero.jpg

Finally, the Twitter also confirmed that Max Brass will be being released as playable via an update in mid-July.

Video of Max Brass

EDIT: We're also apparently getting a new mode:

May I be grabbed by Ninjara 1000 times if old.

Regarding Max's release, I am wondering if the next DLC character will become the new Grand Prix champion at the same time.

Considering Max Brass is essentially a souped up version of Spring Man, I wonder if they're gonna alter Spring Man to compensate.

NEO0MJ

Considering Max Brass is essentially a souped up version of Spring Man, I wonder if they're gonna alter Spring Man to compensate.

I didn't notice in-game, but does Max Brass also get the always charged arms when low on health thing? Because if yes then yeah, it feels there's not much differentiating them other than speed.

I didn't notice in-game, but does Max Brass also get the always charged arms when low on health thing? Because if yes then yeah, it feels there's not much differentiating them other than speed.

He has both the low health permacharge AND the dash release reflect.

NEO0MJ

He has both the low health permacharge AND the dash release reflect.

Yeah, I saw the dash thing. So the only thing Spring has over him will probably be speed and dash/jump distance because I can't imagine Brass having lower health, throw damage, or arm girth.

Yeah, I saw the dash thing. So the only thing Spring has over him will be speed because I can't imagine Brass having lower health, throw damage, or arm girth.

The thing with MAX Brass is that when he buffs up he's extremely vulnerable.

He has a weakness that can be exploited.

J@hranimo

Banned
Yeah, I saw the dash thing. So the only thing Spring has over him will be speed because I can't imagine Brass having lower health, throw damage, or arm girth.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when he charges his Arms doesn't he become a pseudo-heavy character and doesn't flinch when being hit?

So he's an amalgamation of Spring Man and Master Mummy
two characters I actually like sob

NEO0MJ

Correct me if I'm wrong but when he charges his Arms doesn't he become a pseudo-heavy character and doesn't flinch when being hit?

So he's an amalgamation of Spring Man and Master Mummy
two characters I actually like sob

That just means you can focus all your effort onto one! You'll make faster progress.

J@hranimo

Banned
That just means you can focus all your effort onto one! You'll make faster progress.

🤔 Hmm good point. I'll have to hear some impressions about how he plays, because despite being pretty slow Mummy was one of my favorites to use in the Testpunch.

mas8705

Well this is an unexpected surprise. While we did know that Max Brass would be the first DLC character through the E3 presentation, I didn't recall the part of there being "additional modes" added into the game other than spectator mode. Can't wait to see what it is.

I wonder if it would be a think like Sumo? You know, a mode where the object of the game is to knock your opponent out of the ring or something like that?

I wonder if it would be a think like Sumo? You know, a mode where the object of the game is to knock your opponent out of the ring or something like that?

I like that idea. Otherwise I can see something that involves dashing (dodgeball?) or jumping.

Crazyorloco

Wow, so new modes are things we can expect from the free DLC? This game has a lot of potential then if all goes well.

Yeah this is great news. Can't wait to see what's in store. I want modes with more depth.

My daughter is loving this game too, I thought I'd be playing it more - she is. I'm glad that there are so many female characters. - plus they're all interesting. I think Nintendo did a great job with character design with each character in this game.

AKC12

Some one in Reddit noticed that he only gets the permanent charge below 25% health when he's in his buffed mode. Otherwise he doesn't get this perk.

Yeah this is great news. Can't wait to see what's in store. I want modes with more depth.

My daughter is loving this game too, I thought I'd be playing it more - she is. I'm glad that there are so many female characters. - plus they're all interesting. I think Nintendo did a great job with character design with each character in this game.
My 8 year old girl it too! Ribbon girl is her favorite.
I assume we get his stage as well?

The real fun though will be after Max Brass arrives, because then we can speculate about what the next new character will be!

They've surely gotta do something with vine arms at the very least right? I wonder what other things would make for good arms... seaweed? Or water, make the arms like mini hurricanes? Ooo or tornado arms O:

Also I'm really hoping that one of the updates is some kind of story mode. I don't have it yet myself but I remember seeing people say the single player campaign has like no story elements for any of the characters at all so I hope they fix that, the lore to this game is super interesting to me.

Top Bottom