• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

mauaus

So I did it.

I said when I defeat Gore, I will take a Screenshot and frame it.

img_3620hgsg3.jpg

When ever I will feel sad, I just look at this picture and be happy again.
When ever there is a task that seems impossible to do, I look at that picture and know nothing is impossible.

Do I hate helix with double poppers?? Yes I do.

Am I to proud defeating Gore with double poppers only once? Maybe

So who ever is facing Gore, just remember: It is not impossible to defeat him!!!!

Here is also a link to the original screenshot:
https://abload.de/img/dcrjfljvwaauzvk.jpg-5qsxs.jpeg
I defeated him a few times before his final evolution lol, i dont think i could beat him now lol

Last time we played i got my rear handed to me several times

I thought I was good at Skillshot until I had to play it against Barq & Byte on level 4. Fuck me. Came close a few times, but lost seven times in a row before giving up. No strategies seemed to work.

Try to hit a series of targets, Barq, and then Byte. Barq counts as an opponent when it comes to points, and he can't jump out of the way. I got 1200 points in one punch with a Seekie by hitting a row of targets, then nailing Barq with the missile and Byte with the explosion.

Scored my first Perfect against Hedlok today (as Kid Cobra), if only on GP 4. It was all about the strafe and poke and counter-picking well against the arms on Max Brass. Pretty smooth run with no rematches, aside from Skillshot against Ninjara, which gave me more trouble than usual until I resorted to locking him down with the Slamamander.

From what I've seen of discussions on this board, people are really sleeping on both Arms Test and 1-on-100 when evaluating the offline content in this game.

ggx2ac

Hmm, could I add you? I would like to go against you. Not to prove a point, I don't care if either of us win, but the more skilled players I fight, the better.

That was sarcasm.

If you're in the US/Europe I'd expect latency issues anyway and I won't be able to do a match until around 5 hours later.

That was sarcasm.

If you're in the US/Europe I'd expect latency issues anyway and I won't be able to do a match until around 5 hours later.

I sent the message based on the level 7 Grand Prix stuff more than anything, is all, I'm curious. And yes I'm in the US but it's worth a shot, I'll wait eagerly in five hours then

When everyone is playing it properly, 3 for all really is the best.

Hit one, switch to the other and repeat until people start dishing out rushes and then its about biding your time and striking at the right moment. I'm a fucking snake in this mode with no shame.

ggx2ac

I sent the message based on the level 7 Grand Prix stuff more than anything, is all, I'm curious. And yes I'm in the US but it's worth a shot, I'll wait eagerly in five hours then

Okay but don't expect much because that was from fighting AI that has behaviours that become predictable when you fight them a lot which was why Grand Prix Level 7 wasn't hard in the end.

soultron

Banned
Yes, which makes punches on the B and A pointless to me. It should have been used for blocking.

... Sadly my guess is that A and B need to be occupied so that playing with the Joycons turned sideways has some kind of parity/familiarity when compared to playing in handheld mode or with a Pro controller.

I still hope we get the option to edit control schemes when playing in HH mode or with a Pro controller.

GenG3000

I don't really know how to deal with Ninjarus online. Right punch *dash evade* Left punch *dash evade and grab*

His shield warp can also be his bane in certain situations, like Rush attacks. It handles them poorly.

Also, try to use both arms to make him warp and attack where you think he is gonna reappear. Remember that you have two arms.

MDave

It is so so fun as hell to be a troll with Helix in party mode once you have a grasp of everything he can do. I find something hilarious about spinning around in tower mode after a knockdown as a taunt. Satisfying to dodge punches by swinging left and right, smash with your own and you have the next move, most likely in tower mode again because of charged fists. I find it safer to be in tower mode as much of the time as I can because of it. Keep them at a distance and you can evade a lot of the non-curving/explosive fists (like tri-bolts and the flame variant).

heringer

Hmm, could I add you? I would like to go against you. Not to prove a point, I don't care if either of us win, but the more skilled players I fight, the better.

That was sarcasm.

Okay but don't expect much because that was from fighting AI that has behaviours that become predictable when you fight them a lot which was why Grand Prix Level 7 wasn't hard in the end.

Ooooh, a duel! It's on!

Wish I could watch. Why no spectator mode, Nintendo? :(

It is so so fun as hell to be a troll with Helix in party mode once you have a grasp of everything he can do. I find something hilarious about spinning around in tower mode after a knockdown as a taunt. Satisfying to dodge punches by swinging left and right, smash with your own and you have the next move, most likely in tower mode again because of charged fists. I find it safer to be in tower mode as much of the time as I can because of it. Keep them at a distance and you can evade a lot of the non-curving/explosive fists (like tri-bolts and the flame variant).

Can I face your Helix?

Boy do i feel dumb now.

Why?

jts

...hate me...
Random notes:

-Never again try to run the clock down near the end. Just opens the door up for disappointment and embarrassment. Be smart but keep attacking, it's the respectful thing to do anyway.

-Some guy in a party lobby, who was the lobby leader, seemed to be involved in some lag fuckery. Hits went right through him and also he just kept teleporting. Didn't seem to happen with anyone else in the lobby.

Jazzem

Random notes:

-Never again try to run the clock down near the end. Just opens the door up for disappointment and embarrassment. Be smart but keep attacking, it's the respectful thing to do anyway.

To be fair, it may not hurt to play defensively at that point, trying to keep a distance while throwing out single punches here and there with a spare fist free. Especially as at that point the opponent's likely to be playing more offensively.

Certainly an interesting way to win aye. I feel like the clock runs down more often in ARMS than in most other fighters I'm familiar with.

To be fair, it may not hurt to play defensively at that point, trying to keep a distance while throwing out single punches here and there with a spare fist free. Especially as at that point the opponent's likely to be playing more offensively.

Certainly an interesting way to win aye. I feel like the clock runs down more often in ARMS than in most other fighters I'm familiar with.

Most fights I'm in end in a KO, though. Rarely is there time out

Punish their landing after an evade

Will try thanks.

His shield warp can also be his bane in certain situations, like Rush attacks. It handles them poorly.

Also, try to use both arms to make him warp and attack where you think he is gonna reappear. Remember that you have two arms.

Yeah I would try to use my second arm after the first dodge but then he would just dodge that too. I'll also try to be more preemptive I guess.

MDave

Can I face your Helix?

I don't think my Helix is a good one yet, I haven't touched ranked mode as I am still in preparation of my own personal training with him :p Party mode is my experimentation grounds hah! That and I need to unlock a few more arms for him, currently using Chilla fists (charged, they do 10+ more damage then charged Sparky fists). I'm also in the UK, so lag might be an issue especially if you are on the west coast or abouts :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I already hinted that Max Brass and Hedlok are extremely easy with Dragon weapons.

Later on during my runs I found a better combination of using another weapon with Dragon but I won't mention which.
No.

If you really want to know, the other weapon is that Seeking missile weapon.

Now you don't actually need to put any effort into anything.
That's called Seekie btw. It is a little weird to cloak noncompetitive information about beating singleplayer bosses. If someone wants to know every option to make those fights easier on themselves I don't get the appeal of hinting at it rather than just stating it, haha.

I haven't done them on the highest difficulties yet but on 4 at least I noticed Max Brass also has quite a bit of trouble with a good old charged Megaton to the face. I think that they're cheap but so predictable that there will eventually be a ton of ways to school them via arms selection.

Raysoul

I also want to face Gore. I'm not a top tier player but I just want to test if Mechanica can go toe to toe with Helix with Poppers.

molnizzle

That's called Seekie btw. It is a little weird to cloak noncompetitive information about beating singleplayer bosses. If someone wants to know every option to make those fights easier on themselves I don't get the appeal of hinting at it rather than just stating it, haha.

I also question whether that was genuine advice or just trolling to fuck with people. I'm currently using ice dragon + seekie against Hedlok and can barely get a single hit in. Much better to just use the default boxing glove arms.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I also question whether that was genuine advice or just trolling to fuck with people. I'm currently using ice dragon + seekie against Hedlok and can barely get a single hit in. Much better to just use the default boxing glove arms.
I don't have either Ice Dragon or Seekie but I can confirm at least a regular Dragon on Min Min's left arm put in work against him.
Can confirm. VO+PS is a really good analogy. Projectiles are obviously slower than VO but can be curved and all that jazz.
near perfect analogy imo. Very satisfying to wrap my brain around actually. I was having that "wtf. is this. reminding me of." since my first match on Friday

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Fuckfuckfuck Snake Park. I feel like it changes the game so much it might as well be a mini-game.

Finally got my copy of ARMS yesterday, and I'm already loving the Grand Prix mode. I wasn't expecting the level of difficulty that they allow. I'm decent with Ninjara already because of my time in the Global Testpunch, but even with my experience I was struggling against certain characters.

I'm also finding some interesting things about the game and its backstory. Check it out if you're interested.

http://www.theouterhaven.net/2017/06/arms-team-talk-characters-backstory/

LotusHD

Banned
Fuckfuckfuck Snake Park. I feel like it changes the game so much it might as well be a mini-game.

Definitely have a love-hate relationship with that stage lol

I love Party Mode for how pick up and play it is.

First game I own that's making me realize how dangerous the Switch is. I can finish playing, and then I'll just see it sitting on my bed and think "Just one more game..."

Top Bottom