• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

LotusHD

Banned
hey guys

remember when chase said

I'll see you on the boat

TEN

STEPS

AHEAD

giphy.gif

Dynomutt

Dang they got rid of the Island literally and figuratively. Arrow finale makes Flash look super low quality. Great finale and great season.

Pics_nao

Just finished it.

I'm literally in tears right now. I can't believe it. After a massive blunder and a shithole that was seasons 3 and 4, Arrow bounced back for a near flawless season. He's home everyone. He's home.

I feel like they can't possibly do an ending like that and have everyone safe. Someone has to go, it's just a matter of who. We know for a fact it's not
Laurel, Dinah, or Renee
(tagging because it's based on next season cast news). It's almost certainly not Felicity or Diggle. So that leaves all the rest of them.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I'm willing to bet that the only one who dies in that explosion is Samantha and William is going to live with Oliver in S6

but the outfit. also the way oliver placed the body.

it was showed after the 6 mooks to make you think it was one of them, but really it was Kovar

I know that's what they were going for. But I could totally see them bringing him back at some point in the present timeline and being like "surprise!"

jb1234

That was a ballsy as fuck finale. No complaints here. Makes Flash's look laughable.

(Susanna Thompson made me cry. I miss her on this show.)

By far the best season of this show. Probably the only good finale as well. I barely remember the others but they always seem to be big crowd fights, and this one kept it personal and focused, while actually serving a ton of character arcs well and bringing in a bunch a fun old characters. Fantastic job.

rackham

Banned
I personally didn't love the Prometheus character. 10 steps ahead with nothing ever explained about how he did anything. He was a walking deus ex machina. Kind of boring. I wish the episode was more about Slade but I'm glad he's back nonetheless.

anyone lol when they forgot Digger Harkness was on the island at Lian Yu? Like, of all the villains, why Digger? Seems the least capable prison breaker.

I personally didn't love the Prometheus character. 10 steps ahead with nothing ever explained about how he did anything. He was a walking deus ex machina. Kind of boring. I wish the episode was more about Slade but I'm glad he's back nonetheless.

anyone lol when they forgot Digger Harkness was on the island at Lian Yu? Like, of all the villains, why Digger? Seems the least capable prison breaker.

We haven't spent much time with this Boomerang, but if he's anything like his comics contemporary it could be that he's just that much of a dick.

I feel like they can't possibly do an ending like that and have everyone safe. Someone has to go, it's just a matter of who. We know for a fact it's not
Laurel, Dinah, or Renee
(tagging because it's based on next season cast news). It's almost certainly not Felicity or Diggle. So that leaves all the rest of them.

Also, Guggenheim said the two things he'll never do are kill
Thea
or make Felicity a superhero.

Not sure how I feel about the thousands of C4 synchronized and scattered across the island, but it sure looked cool going boom.

I'm surprised by how much this season improved over the last two, however.
Also great to see Slade back, I hope he returns to Season 6.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What a finale. All the emotional payoffs were so good and didn't come out of left field like on another show that will not be named. You can tell they really thought this out ahead of time. The island being destroyed is probably my favorite part. Really puts a cap on the end of the flashbacks for Oliver's "5 years in hell." And the phone call with Mama Queen. The emotions! The emotions!

My only complaint is that it's all over. They crammed a ton into this episode and it flowed together so well. Great callbacks and closing off of character arcs, fantastic fight choreography, and gratifying (but sensible) fanservice. Heck, they even threw the Olicity people a bone.

THE RANKINGS CAUSE THINGS MUST BE RANKED

Arrow Finale > Legends of Tomorrow Finale > Supergirl Finale

Arrow and Legends had finales that felt like the natural build up of the conflicts they had faced all season. Supergirl was alright, but felt incredibly forced

jb1234

What a finale. All the emotional payoffs were so good and didn't come out of left field like on another show that will not be named. You can tell they really thought this out ahead of time. The island being destroyed is probably my favorite part. Really puts a cap on the end of the flashbacks for Oliver's "5 years in hell." And the phone call with Mama Queen. The emotions! The emotions!

My only complaint is that it's all over. They crammed a ton into this episode and it flowed together so well. Great callbacks and closing off of character arcs, fantastic fight choreography, and gratifying (but sensible) fanservice. Heck, they even threw the Olicity people a bone.

THE RANKINGS CAUSE THINGS MUST BE RANKED

Arrow Finale > Legends of Tomorrow Finale > Supergirl Finale

Arrow and Legends had finales that felt like the natural build up of the conflicts they had faced all season. Supergirl was alright, but felt incredibly forced

Flash was so bad that it didn't even get ranked, haha.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ending. It can't end like that. Next season starts next week. Right?

Right?

Awesome finale. Best season.

Also, Ollie was given a chance to kill himself. He didn't, instead he freed himself and killed everyone else. Chase had the chance to kill himself, and took it. He most likely didn't kill anyone else.

Except evil Laurel

I hope.

If we doing rankings .
Arrow final.......................LOT final..........................Supergirl final................................................................Speed force hole.................................................................Flash final.
On a side note it was great that arrow came back so strong .
Know a lot people were saying this would make or break season for them after 2 poor ones.
After all is said and done we got the best season of arrow and looking forward to season 6.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Flash was so bad that it didn't even get ranked, haha.

I feel bad shitting on Flash. I wasn't even supposed to be watching it anymore but I broke down and caught up anyway. Just insultingly bad. Maybe it'll be fun to watch again next year though.

Arrow was really smart this year in not falling into some of the traps that weakened previous seasons. Who Killed Black Canary? and Who is Gonna Die? mysteries were dumb and didn't feel well thought out. On the other hand, the Chase swerve this year worked well. It felt like they learned their lesson.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I want to know about this Manu drama that you guys are talking about? I haven't seen any of this

IIRC Manu didn't liked the way Deathstroke was being written by the end of S2 and in his appearance in S3, he would go to say he wouldn't ever return to the show unless the writers were commited to do the character's justice.

rackham

Banned
Manu did nothing wrong other than call the writers out on the garbage they were putting out and had the gall to be paid for.

ZeroX03

Banned
IIRC Manu didn't liked the way Deathstroke was being written by the end of S2 and in his appearance in S3, he would go to say he wouldn't ever return to the show unless the writers were commited to do the character's justice.

It was never that dramatic. Manu just wasn't the biggest fan of the S3 Slade episode, which fair enough, it was more about Thea and Oliver than his character. There was never animosity on the show's side either, Amell has always been supportive of Manu even when he went through some troubles

Top Bottom