• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 3 |OT| Welcome to the New Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my favorite little stupid things about the show is that the dumb americans all call him Roz but nissa and Ra's pronounce it correctly

spin off with atom, sara as canary and cpt cold confirmed

http://collider.com/the-flash-arrow-spinoff/

fuck all you people thinking it's lazarus pit and whatever whatever

that makes sense but it's not what I want (which would work with whatever is happening on the flash)

Flashpoint.

In comics lore (at least pre-New 52, I dunno about now), anybody can use the Lazarus Pit, but there are some drawbacks. For one, repeated use of the pit lessens its yield. So every time you use it, you're going to get less time before you need to use it again. Eventually you'll have to either die or switch bodies (R'as has attempted this multiple times) to restart the process.

The other issue is that the pit is really only meant to be used when you're old or injured, not after death. There can be serious side effects to using it after you die, including insanity (hell, this is a possibility when using it even when you're still alive), memory loss and personality shifts.

So Sara being put into the pit after death (and so long after death, too) could have huge effects on her character.

Isn't there something else(maybe more recent, ~10 years or so) that they've found more pits around the world so he can have more convenient pit stops?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Do we still think that Lyla's going to ask Waller to send in the Suicide Squad to save Diggle, and we're going to have an epic LoA vs Suicide Squad fight at some point?

Blader

You know, I'm not really one for nitpicking little illogical things in this show because it becomes a lot less enjoyable that way, but even I had to laugh at Diggle's "I've reinforced all the doors with ARGUS tech" line. Like, where the fuck did he get that? Can you just order ARGUS-made doors in bulk if you're dating one of their employees?

You know, I'm not really one for nitpicking little illogical things in this show because it becomes a lot less enjoyable that way, but even I had to laugh at Diggle's "I've reinforced all the doors with ARGUS tech" line. Like, where the fuck did he get that? Can you just order ARGUS-made doors in bulk if you're dating one of their employees?

I'd imagine working ARGUS is just like any other office gig. The employees routinely steal office supplies. Only Lyla gets to make off with ultra high tech security doors instead of staplers when she leaves work.

I was finally enjoying this season, but this episode... Oh man, this episode... They want so bad to move the plot forward, they're forgetting to give the characters proper motivation. Why exactly did Oliver go to Nanda Parbat? Out of pride, really? Why did Thea put herself in a cage with Nyssa, knowing that her brother went to Nanda Parbat (supposedly) because of her? Why does Ra's think that Oliver is a proper heir to the League? It all reminded me of the bad parts of Heroes, where character motivations went out the window whenever the plot needed to move forward into some dumb twist or OMG moment. This season has little impact so far. And it's a shame, because there are some amazing ideas floating around... It's just that they're being really badly executed.

Volimar

I wonder if they really will pull the trigger on flashpoint. It is pretty unusual to change so much based on something that happens on a different show. Arrow fans that don't watch flash might end up confused and upset if the entire dynamic changes.

anaron

I'm so happy to say I've liked Laurel as of late. I'm pretty much on her side for everything and love that she's shitting on oliver so much

I honestly believe Flashpoint is going to be their way of soft rebooting or at least altering the Arrowverse, especially if Supergirl really is eventually included. Also maybe giving Oliver his
"letter from dad" moment
that leads to him hopefully having a life outside of the Arrow.

lol, Smallville costumes look so incredibly bad. Did they get these from Target or something?

Target? If only they got them from a place that classy. They probably got them from a dollar or outlet store.

Can only Ra's use the pit btw? And is there a limit on the uses?

I read it makes people a bit crazy or something, but if they are really thinking about bringing
Sara back that way, Olie could bring back a lot more people, both his parents/tomy etc.

In the comics IIRC there was a limit on how many times a pit could be used, Nyssa discovered a way to eliminate that limit, also used that knowledge to repeatedly kill and revive Talia but that's another story that probably has zero relevance to Arrow...

I wonder if they really will pull the trigger on flashpoint. It is pretty unusual to change so much based on something that happens on a different show. Arrow fans that don't watch flash might end up confused and upset if the entire dynamic changes.

IDK, I think there's more Flash fans that don't watch Arrow than Arrow fans that don't watch Flash. But still, it''s largely the same audience.

Deadly

I honestly believe Flashpoint is going to be their way of soft rebooting or at least altering the Arrowverse, especially if Supergirl really is eventually included. Also maybe giving Oliver his
"letter from dad" moment
that leads to him hopefully having a life outside of the Arrow.
Going all out crazy and then rebooting could be interesting but I don't think it works very well for a TV show.

Viewt

Isn't there something else(maybe more recent, ~10 years or so) that they've found more pits around the world so he can have more convenient pit stops?

Oh yeah, multiple pits have been a thing for decades. I think, at first, that was the only way R'as stayed alive, since there was this rule that the same person couldn't use the same pit twice or something. They figured out a workaround at some point, though.

My first intro to the Lazarus Pit was in Batman TAS, which also happens to be my favorite version of R'as:

XaKFpRi.jpg

infi

Going all out crazy and then rebooting could be interesting but I don't think it works very well for a TV show.

Especially when the cause of the reboot is in a different TV show. The Arrow writers shouldn't assume everyone who watches Arrow also watch Flash so they can't make a plot like flashpoint have a huge impact on Arrow.

Oh yeah, multiple pits have been a thing for decades. I think, at first, that was the only way R'as stayed alive, since there was this rule that the same person couldn't use the same pit twice or something. They figured out a workaround at some point, though.

My first intro to the Lazarus Pit was in Batman TAS, which also happens to be my favorite version of R'as:
BTAS is actually the first appearance of Razzle Ghul outside comics.

strafer

the wait is too much

what's the point in living now with all the good shows on break

guess I'll have to rewatch season 1 on Netflix

foxtrot3d

Banned

The Demon's Quest is the greatest Batman TAS episode of all time. I mean you can't top this:

the-demons-quest-2.jpg

I didn't say anything about going all crazy and the reboot would be a soft one with only minor changes, well except opening the door to Kara existing in the universe which isn't going to work if Superman actually exists in that show even if off screen as he supposedly does though an established Superman existing in the Arrowverse would a lot bigger problems than just crossover potential. It's probably safe to say it isn't going to happen even with the same people running all three (soon apparently four) shows.

The Lazarus pit is going to have a hell of a time resurrecting Sara's decayed corpse.

I'm going with "Atom's show explores the Multiverse concept" for how Sarah can be a cast member on that show when she's dead in the Arrowverse.

My favorite Ra's as well. David Warner's voice was so awesome for it.

"Detective!"

What's Arabic for "detective?" Batman needs an Arrowverse League of Assassins title.

I'm going with "Atom's show explores the Multiverse concept" for how Sarah can be a cast member on that show when she's dead in the Arrowverse.

What's Arabic for "detective?" Batman needs an Arrowverse League of Assassins title.

nah, the show will feature nyssa as the protagonist and sarah, is there throughout Nyssa's Flashback sequences.

Ashhong

I ain't even mad at the dip in quality. I watched all of Smallville, I'm immune to poor quality on the CW. That show had so much promise..

They should change the title of the show to Ollie Says Stuff And His Entourage Complains

Like who do these people think they are? Ollie needs to kick everyone to the curb and go back to working on his own.

I ain't even mad at the dip in quality. I watched all of Smallville, I'm immune to poor quality on the CW. That show had so much promise..

Smallville's quality or lack thereof really didn't get to me until season 10 but there were some really bad rough spots before then. But that last season... Outside a couple episodes made me feel like I wasted almost ten years on that show.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

That'd be a pretty nice way to tip-toe around Batman.

Ra's should just be like, "Mr. Queen, I changed my mind. You suck. There's a detective who be more worthy of this title. He's also more wealthy and he's got way more gadgets than you. And his butler kicks ass."

They should change the title of the show to Ollie Says Stuff And His Entourage Complains

Like who do these people think they are? Ollie needs to kick everyone to the curb and go back to working on his own.
He'd be dead (for real) already if he did that. His team has saved his life countless times.

No, you can top it.
Mister_Freeze_BTAS.jpg
Mark Hamill's story on Michael Ansara (VA for Mr. Freeze) and how the directors kept telling him "less emotion." Even though he was already pretty much emotion, they kept telling him "less." That's rough.

Mr. Freeze is probably one of my favorite villains though. I genuinely like all of his episodes.
"Infidel" Ubu was a funny servant of Ra's.

Ubu_(BtAS).jpg
I loved it when Bruce finally got fed up with his shit and just decked him.

DeathyBoy

Banned
That'd be a pretty nice way to tip-toe around Batman.

Ra's should just be like, "Mr. Queen, I changed my mind. You suck. There's a detective who be more worthy of this title. He's also more wealthy and he's got way more gadgets than you. And his butler kicks ass."

Eh, in my head when Ra's said Oliver gave him the best fight he's had in years, what he actually meant was.

When I met Bruce Wayne, it wasn't a fight. He beat the fuck out of me, threw me off a mountain, banged my daughter, then went back to Gotham. It took me years to recover and I challenged him again. Except this time he was dressed up like a Bat, and he beat me like a child. He banished me from Gotham, my daughter disowned me, and the only heir left was Nyssa... who thought Malcolm Merlyn was an actual Magician. Now people online call me Ray, they refer to the 'League of Ass' and I hear this song about Radioactivity in my head all day.

Blader

therein lies the problem though: Ollie is always fucking wrong now. The reason everyone complains is because the writers keep having Oliver make the worst call.

Frog-fu

Banned
Rewatched Season 3.

It seems to me that the more the writers pushed Ollicity, the more I disliked it.

It was way WAY too soon.

It's just a shit pairing, destined to fail if they're going to have Green Arrow settle with Black Canary.

By the way, does anyone else notice how few of us actually call Oliver Green Arrow or even Arrow? I'm convinced it has to do with the fact he doesn't really feel like a superhero. I think of him as a vigilante, I think of him of a good buy, but I don't I don't think of him as a superhero in the same way I do Barry Allen.

foxtrot3d

Banned
No, you can top it.
Mister_Freeze_BTAS.jpg

Second best, I still love "The Demon's Quest" the most. It's just a perfect adventure serial but with Batman thrown in. I mean you've got this great little globetrotting mystery adventure which turns into Batman parachuting into a desert, riding a camel, and it all ending in a shirtless sword fight with the great Ra's Al Ghul. And then you get that amazing kiss. MAXIMUM AWESOMENESS!

He'd be dead (for real) already if he did that. His team has saved his life countless times.

therein lies the problem though: Ollie is always fucking wrong now. The reason everyone complains is because the writers keep having Oliver make the worst call.

Kill everyone off and reboot then. It's grating. They all spend more time arguing and getting beat up than actually doing anything. At least if Ollie was alone he'd be dead or making his own foolish mistakes without a Batcave full of people flapping their gums for 30 minutes every episode. It's not interesting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom