• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ascendant Studios(Immortals of Aveum developer) lays off half its staff due to poor Immortals of Aveum sales.

simpatico

Just way, way too expensive.

Should have been £40 - would have sold loads more.
Agreed. This was begging to be a $40 cult classic. With the very high system reqs on PC and a full price tag it was destined for niche. With a 5 year dev cycle you can't have that.

mdkirby

Poor marketing with a genetic “eurgh why are all protagonists like this now” protagonist, launched at the worst time possible…whilst also giving a “B style” impression that you’d expect in gamespass…except it was full price. And a really crap name. All combine to ensure a flop, even if it’s good.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
That sucks but I think everyone just got settled in the main 3 FPS and it’s a very overplayed genre.

The hand+finger shooting looked dumb in Ghostwire Tokyo, this stupid gauntlet is also incredibly cringe inducing. Bad decisions -> bad outcome. Such a shame, because i am fed up with the sequels and remakes, but if this game and Forspoken are the alternatives, give me sequels any day...

I still have a little hope for Atlas Fallen, but i'll wait for it in PS+...

Last edited:
That's terrible.
The game is fantastic.

NEW IP
SINGLE PLAYER no mtx
DECENTLY LONG 15-20 hours
Doom 2016 + metroidvania.
Unreal Engine 5.2 Lumen + nanite.

This is exactly the type of game we all wanted.

This is why this industry is in a bad shape. Unique, new, single player games like this or Forspoken absolutely loose to sequels and gaas. And it's tragic because these are good games.
These are AAA games that should at the very least get AA reception. But they might as well not exist
So if I ever gave got into game dev and make a game like you listed here you will be one of my first proud customers and supporters? Thanks rofif. I knew you always cared about me. <3

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
The hand+finger shooting looked dumb in Ghostwire Tokyo, this stupid gauntlet is also incredibly cringe inducing. Bad decisions -> bad outcome. Such a shame, because i am fed up with the sequels and remakes, but if this game and Forspoken are the alternatives, give me sequels any day...

I still have a little hope for Atlas Fallen, but i'll wait for it in PS+...
That has to be one of the stupidest things I've read today, lol. What is it exactly about a metal bracer that shoots magic that's "cringe inducing"?

I think you just made some kind of a logic leap to tangentially relate this game to Forspoken in your brain, just to have an excuse to shit on it for no reason because Forspoken is that bad game that everyone made fun of. Even though Immortals has next to nothing to do with it, and your assumption is completely unfounded because you probably didn't even play either of those games.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

The core gameplay is good and it has some fun mechanics as far as I can tell, the writers and artists let this game down. There just wasn't much interest in generic fantasy fps with marvel quips.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So if I ever gave got into game dev and make a game like you listed here you will be one of my first proud customers and supporters? Thanks rofif. I knew you always cared about me. <3
dude idk I've not played it.
I do have it on my shelf though, so feel supported

Top Bottom