• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 |OT| Come Get Some

Kevin

hN4s28i.jpg

What is Ash vs Evil Dead? Ash vs Evil Dead is a sequel to the original Evil Dead trilogy that began in the late 70s. The basic gyst is Ash Williams (the main star of the show played by Bruce Campbell) is basically an every day guy that has to save the world from the evil forces of Hell that he accidently summons from a book known as the Necronomicon. It is written that every generation evil tests the metal of men and Ash is prophecized as the one to fight back the forces of evil and save the human race. Of course the story is much deeper and the world much richer. This show oozes in atmosphere! You do NOT have to had seen the movies to enjoy the series. While the movies are fantastic and come highly rated, the show does a decent job recapping the events of the movies and making the show into it's own thing.

When does it air? Season 3 of the best show ever begins Sunday February 25th on Starz.

How about a trailer for this season? Sure thing:

How and why should I pay money for Starz to support this show? There is nothing on tv right now quite like Ash vs Evil Dead. It's one of the most unique and fun shows I personally have seen in years. A show that is often times overlooked as just a dumb comedy but instead has some of the coolest creature designs, gore effects and campy acting I've ever seen. If you like horror then you're likely going to love Ash vs Evil Dead. It's also a show that is very much on the verge of being canceled if ratings do not pick up or at least hold. You can watch seasons one and two on Netflix currently and subscribe to Starz for about $9 a month (they even offer a free one week trial). It can also be subscribed via Amazon Prime as well. You can use the Starz app on your favorite game console, computer or most media devices. While it may be "cheaper" to just pirate the show, it's essentially killing off the chances of getting more. Do the right thing and support the show legally. It's worth it! Bruce Campbell has also stated that if the show gets canceled, he will not return to this role ever again and the Evil Dead franchise will likely die with that. Subscribe to Starz, convince your friends to do the same and get the word out about this gem of a show.

Hows the fun factor? This is something that is rarely discussed when tv threads are made but it's something that I wanted to personally comment on. Ash vs Evil Dead is among the most fun I've had with a television show in many many years mainly due to it's fast pacing, beautiful and unique creature and set designs, fantastic use of licensed music, badass characters, fantastic humor and large amounts of gore and creative death scenes. Each season features ten episodes and every episode delivers on the fun factor! As mentioned before, there is very little in the way of tv content like this series and it would be a huge shame if it gets canceled due to piracy or lack of support. It's also one of those shows that I think more people would love if they were willing to give it a chance. Go watch seasons one and two on Netflix and support season 3 next week!

How about the Cast?

Knm0aQK.jpg

Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams

RsDRM4M.jpg

Dana DeLorenzo as Kelly Maxwell

4ZJQGnM.jpg

Ray Santiago as Pablo Simon Bolivar

i0QcjbN.jpg

Lucy Lawless as Ruby Knowby

4jXUWma.png

Ashy Slashy as himself!

There are of course lots and lots of interesting side characters that you will meet through your travels of the show including the infamous Ted Raimi!

If you have any additional questions regarding this show then feel free to ask in this thread and I will of course respond.

You can sign up for Starz (cancel at anytime) here:

https://www.starz.com/

Wn77CpT.gif

Season 2 ratings table (when the season 3 ratings become available, we'll have an idea as to how the ratings are comparing to season 2):

WpfksV9.png

Last edited:

natjjohn

Don’t have Starz right now but thinking about re-upping for this. Great show even though I think season 2 went off the rails some.

Excellent! Good job OP.

I've been waiting for season 3 for ages. Looking forward to where they take the series as I really enjoyed season 1/2 but felt by the end of Season 2 they were going a little too far into the slapstick/absurd territory so the dramatic elements ended up falling flat. Based on the "reboot" of creatives involved hopefully we can maintain the right balance of tone to make this even better.

Hissing Sid

Really enjoyed Season one.

Thought they lost it with season two (Apart from the Cheryl episode which was fab).

Will still check out season three.

Kevin

Episode 1 usually goes up sometime around 2AM US/Eastern on the Starz app. So in theory it should be up in less then 8 hours if Starz follows the same pattern as before with previous season. Reviews seem really positive for the season as well.

Kevin

The first episode has been released on Starz's app. :)

EDIT: Really enjoyed the premiere. Doesn't feel like the budget was cut at all so even if it was it didn't look like that at all. Some really awesome "Evil Dead" moments and kills in the episode and a handful of badass moments. A really solid season premiere. Man did I miss this show!

EDIT 2: I added the season 2 ratings table to the main post so that when the season 3 ratings start coming out we will be able to compare them with the show's performance last season.

Last edited:

Kevin

The season premiere only scored 230,000 (compared to the season 2 premiere of 436,000) so most people are under the assumption that a season 4 is unlikely to happen at this point. If Starz really is looking to cancel the show, I wonder if either of these two options would be a possibility:

1. Starz partners with Netflix making a deal similar to CBS/Netflix with Star Trek: Discovery. Maybe Netflix could cover a part of the development cost in exchange for international streaming rights.
2. Netflix picks up Ash VS Evil Dead for a season 4.

Man I'm not ready for this show to get canceled. ;(

I blame Season 2 being such a mixed bag and the terrible finale. Hopefully numbers pick up once people realize the show is back and good word of mouth circulates again. At least I can hope...right? :(

I blame Season 2 being such a mixed bag and the terrible finale. Hopefully numbers pick up once people realize the show is back and good word of mouth circulates again. At least I can hope...right? :(

It was kind of a mixed bag for me as well, Baal came in super late. I really liked the hospital stuff though and puppet slashy was great. Kelly seemed to kind of take a back seat.

Kevin

New episode should go up on the Starz app in about 6 hours from this post. Anyone else excited? The clips I've seen all looked pretty great.

Kevin

Just watched the second episode of the new season and found it to be once again a lot of fun. :)

P.S: Is it me or is Kelly getting hotter with each new episode?

Really liked the second episode, loved the "Take On Me" send up. Really enjoyed Ash dodging shots, overall pretty fun episode and built a little bit of the lore/relationships with Pablo/Kelly/New Guy/Ruby

Kevin

New episode should go up on the Starz app about 5-6 hours from this post. I'm excited as it looked pretty intense and fun. Who else is watching tonight? :)

Kevin

Bruce Campbell said tonight that not only is Ash VS Evil Dead almost certainly dead but he won't be doing anymore Evil Dead after this. Man I'm really bummed out. ;(

11:13 minutes in he talks about it.

Kevin

The new episode should be available in less then 2 hours on that app. Also Dana Delorenzo posted this making of video of her driving around in Brock William's truck (from the show):

https://vimeo.com/261650864

Whose watching tonight?

EDIT: Episode was awesome as heck. Lots of "wrong" moments, lots of action and just overall a really fun episode. I am really loving this season and each episode is getting better and more faster paced. I remember there being a time I was worried about the season but in my opinion it's been really good. Also that "wrong" stuff was crazy and I can safely say that I never saw that done before. lol

Last edited:

Kevin

So has anyone here been watching this season at all? It's been a really good year for the show. Lots of good set pieces, gore, funny scenes, songs, deadite battles, etc. The story has also improved a lot. Am I the only one watching here?

Yeah I've been keeping up with it, just watched episode 7.

Great episode, the cast seemed to be having a lot of fun hamming it up in this one.

It will be interesting to see where they end it as I think there are only 3 episodes left and there are still a lot of plot threads left to resolve.

Top Bottom