• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Unity Experience #3 - Immersive Open World Activities

tumblr_m1godfyByh1qh9v3m.gif

witness

So there's finally new and different side missions in a AC game? Going to wait to hear what the GAF thinks, not trusting reviewers on this one, before I throw money down.

zkorejo

Im really really excited. I just can not wait anymore.

Still 19 days to go.

EDIT: Marat's murder mystery will be solved by Arno..? I was hoping that Arno/Assassins assigned this task to a female assassin to get the job done. Still happy that its in.

Kiraly

Shut up. Just shut up.

Fucking derailing of these threads. You had enough threads to express your negativity on this matter.

I agree, get out with that shit.

Unity threads have been nothing but fucked up because of all these 1080p and no female playable character drive-by posts of people not even interested in the game.

It looks very interesting, seems to deviate somewhat from that formulaic Ubi open world design, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I get my hands on the game.

Ralemont

not me
Wow. I haven't played 4 yet so my last AC was 3 (I like to be a year behind to save a buuunch of money) but this looks like a huge gameplay upgrade. Focusing on narrative in sidequests? Coop heists? This is looking wonderful.

Monster Zero

I agree, get out with that shit.

Unity threads have been nothing but fucked up because of all these 1080p and no female playable character drive-by posts of people not even interested in the game.

All these, lets talk about assassins creed now please.

On topic, I'm a sucker for random side missions, all......those....ICONS

ironcreed

Banned
I went from not even caring about this game early on to having it be one of my most anticipated games of the Fall, just behind Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm convinced that it is going to be the best in the series.

shield

This time last year, if you told me that the next Assassin's Creed game would have heists before GTA V, I wouldn't have believe you...

PolishQ

EDIT: Marat's murder mystery will be solved by Arno..? I was hoping that Arno/Assassins assigned this task to a female assassin to get the job done. Still happy that its in.

Yeah, it's not really a murder mystery given that Marat's historical killer turned herself in and didn't even flee the crime scene. Also, in reality Marat had a disfiguring skin condition which is not shown in the painting - but I suppose that would have made for less of a recognizable image.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I wish I could experience all those amazing activities in 1080p.
Dude, like others have said, enough is enough with the driveby shitposting, especially from you, you do it in nearly every single AC Unity/Ubisoft thread. Now on topic, what do I have to do to unlock the katana?!!
nr6SaWq.png

Radec

I broke down gaf, I preordered the PS4 version yesterday. (The preorder bonuses on my area are too good to pass up)

:(

zkorejo

Yeah, it's not really a murder mystery given that Marat's historical killer turned herself in and didn't even flee the crime scene. Also, in reality Marat had a disfiguring skin condition which is not shown in the painting - but I suppose that would have made for less of a recognizable image.

Yea I guess it wont be much of a mystery to solve. Maybe we do solve the mystery and meet the girl responsible for it but decide to let her go.. and then she turns herself in.

Yea I know, I read somewhere that Marat had some skin disease he caught while he lived in the sewers. That famous painting of the dead Marat was made by his followers, so ofcourse they made him look all pious. He had a strong following and influence on people, once he was killed he became their martyr, so they painted him like he was Jesus (glowing skin and smiling and all).

Arttemis

Every Assassin's Creed game is better with the mini map turned off. Ubisoft's obsession with icons and way points is disgusting. Hopefully, they built a world worth exploring without the NEED for a crutch of a mini map.

dex3108

Every Assassin's Creed game is better with the mini map turned off. Ubisoft's obsession with icons and way points is disgusting. Hopefully, they built a world worth exploring without the NEED for a crutch of a mini map.

I played ACIV without map and sometimes i used my tablet with companion app as map and it was awesome :D

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
There's this new system included in the game, at the press of a button you can get a quick view of all the side activities in the area while on rooftops. So turning off the minimap and the like is a viable option.

Kaswa101

Shut up. Just shut up.

Fucking derailing of these threads. You had enough threads to express your negativity on this matter.

This. For the love of God.

OT, looks awesome. Graphics look great, and I've always enjoyed AC side missions, so this should be an even better treat. Can't wait!

That didn't really show anything new or compelling to do in the world, but at least it looked much more vibrant. Visuals are so nice I think the lacking IQ sticks out.

Otherwise I will wait and see. Black Flag had some decent stuff, but the core of the game was just tedious and the story really lacked buzz. The animus stuff is pure crap...I wish they edited it out in this game. I hope this switches things up.

Looking good, can't wait to play.

Ubisoft's obsession with icons and way points is disgusting. Hopefully, they built a world worth exploring without the NEED for a crutch of a mini map.

My biggest disappointment with FarCry 3 was absence of in game map like FC2.

KingJ2002

They definitely improved on the side quests and the treasure hunt mode seems like a good option to keep players in co-op.

im not sure how engaged people will be in the multiplayer... but the single player missions has me hyped!

Kaswa101

There's this new system included in the game, at the press of a button you can get a quick view of all the side activities in the area while on rooftops. So turning off the minimap and the like is a viable option.

That's a great point. I love playing HUD-free in these types of games.

Teremap

Banned
Can I just say how fucking gorgeous this game is?

Seriously, those environments... I'm going to spend so much time just staring at the walls. I love that fancy Parisian architecture. So good.

Saberus

This must be the pc version, as they have only been showing the xbone version, but this one in the video looks very smooth, so I'm just guessing.

Jonnax

The game looks great, I just can't handle the British accents though. Sounds like a variety of them though which is great. But I can imagine they specifically tried to avoid french sounding people.

Imagine if you meet a British person in the game and they speak in a French accent.

Elios83

I was just reading this negative preview :/ :

http://www.noobfeed.com/previews/306/facts-2014-assassin-s-creed-unity-hands-on

Basically they say that the XboxOne version is borderline unplayable, frame rate is so low (20fps) when there is some action on screen that gameplay is ruined.
I really hope that UBisoft can fix the situation, maybe 900p is the right compromise on the PS4 to get a stable frame rate which in this situation would be better than having 1080p at the same 20-ish frame rate seen here in the preview version.

Btw the trailer in OP looks fantastic.

CHC

Shut up. Just shut up.

The voice of the people, finally. Those who think the snide resolution remarks are clever or even remotely funny at this point need to either shut up or just get a PC.

The game is looking fun, I have hope after really enjoying Black Flag. I'll definitely do a quick little playthrough of this and enjoy the scenery.

murgo

Oh man, this trailer put my hype back through the roof. After all the negativity about the game I feel confident about my preorder once more.

Top Bottom