• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Unity Experience #3 - Immersive Open World Activities

ViciousDS

Banned
WOW.......that looks awesome......shit, I might just skip gamefly on this......totally going to use a spear and be a bad ass.

How is a war mace non lethal?
MxACkqC.png

lol yeah, taking a war mace to the face should definitely kill you.

farisr

Seems interesting, now whether I'm going to be playing the ps4 version or the PC version is the question for me.

I will get the ps4 version if:

1) There are tons of co-op missions, they are good, and are playable with people on your friend's list.

2) The game runs well on the ps4 with minimal issues

Otherwise, I'll get it on PC.

Vidpixel

The presentation of this seems absolutely fantastic. This might be the most impressive looking game I've seen yet. I just hope it runs well once it's released, given what some critics mentioned about the frame rate dips at the preview event a few weeks ago.

Vidpixel

That's a great point. I love playing HUD-free in these types of games.

Yep, same here. I'm definitely going H.U.D.-free with this game, especially given how fantastic it's looking, visually. The immersion levels are going to be off the charts haha.

Seems interesting, now whether I'm going to be playing the ps4 version or the PC version is the question for me.

I will get the ps4 version if:

1) There are tons of co-op missions, they are good, and are playable with people on your friend's list.

2) The game runs well on the ps4 with minimal issues

Otherwise, I'll get it on PC.

I am in the same boat and decide don PS4 because:

1) I have a few friends to play the coop with on PS4

2) Dem Ubi PC ports

Even though the console versions are 900p 30fps, I have no confidence that the PC port won't give me headaches in some way or another.

Graphics in this game are ridiculous.

-----

So just buy a PC version?
My PC doesn't meet the minimum!
It's fine, I'm buying it on the PS4. I'm actually really looking forward to the combat, my favorite thing in AC has always been to pull as many enemies as possible and fight till either I drop or they do. And the new combat system actually looks pretty damn nice.

-Forever Yours

SJRB

Gold Member
Looking forward to this.

They've taken customization to the next level. Instead of just changing dyes you can now actively mix and match your costume: boots, pants, jackets, gloves, hoods. Even belts. It's crazy in-depth compared to previous games.

Muffdraul

The game looks great, I just can't handle the British accents though. Sounds like a variety of them though which is great. But I can imagine they specifically tried to avoid french sounding people.

Imagine if you meet a British person in the game and they speak in a French accent.

You can set the spoken language to French in the options, just like you could set it to Italian in AC2.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Seems like it'll be amazing...assuming everything works properly and fits together reasonably well, like Assassin's Creed 2 and unlike Assassin's Creed 3.

Barring that, I'll still get this game eventually for $5 on PC. It'll be awesome as virtual tourism done with lavish production values, if nothing else.

AngryMoth

Despite all the flack they've caught recently from bad PR I am still feeling optimistic about this title. Looks like they are finally making good and meaning full additions and itterations which frankly, with the exception of the ship combat is something they haven't don't since brotherhood.

dreamfall

Wow, this is going to be so lovely. I'm sure there'll be a million trinkets to collect, and a ton to explore- it's going to be wonderful to wander in Paris.

Those side missions look really neat, randomized guard placement could make for interesting/different co-op playthroughs of the same mission and the environmental variety looks absolutely gorgeous.

I AM HYPED! Every year, I love my annual AC iteration. This looks to be a true leap for the series- I hope it has the same impact on me as AC2!

Yeaa I might have to double dip on this eventually.. Gonna play with friends on the XB1 then alone w better IQ on pc later this year. Looks so damn good.

Ledhead

I'm really liking the direction they are taking with Unity. Seems like they are finally recognizing some of the series' shortcomings and working towards improving them. I'm sure these more diverse activities will serve to make my time with the game outside of the main story a lot more enjoyable!

Eirulan

Really looks good to me, but after all this negative impressions I'll definitely wait for reviews and user feedback before I get this.
I'm very concerned about the performance on consoles...
And I say this as a fan of the series who bought all games day 1 (no-brainers really, i thoroughly enjoyed all of them) and was very very hyped for this at the beginning.

jamie0601

Neo Member
I'm really undecided as to whether I should get this or Far Cry 4, with them both coming out so close together. I loved Far Cry 3 and 4 looks like more of the same whereas the Assassin's Creed games have always been very hit and miss for me. This looks great fun from the footage they've shown though!

Denton

Man, so many marketing buzzwords from a guy who thinks 30fps is better than 60 in a videogame...and so much filler.

I hope I am wrong and it won't be filler. But past AC games are overflowing with it..

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Aaah so many activities. You can discover the assassin and..and? The fuck? That's all? Seriously?
No, this is not all of the side missions, there are other types that would be spoilery. You can find out about them in the thread that lists the achievements.

But there's been a AC4 that rectified those AC3 mistakes already. This looks to harken back to the more simplistic AC2.
I have friends that refuse to try AC4 despite me begging them and explaining this to them. AC3 pissed off a lot of people. I personally loved the game despite its many flaws.

theWB27

I got a copy for free, it's in my back log.

Try it. It will quell allot of the problems you might've had with 3. I don't think there's been another AC that just threw you out into the wild as fast as 4. It treated you like you've played the series before.

I have friends that refuse to try AC4 despite me begging them and explaining this to them. AC3 pissed off a lot of people. I personally loved the game despite its many flaws.

That's insane to me. AC3 wasn't so bad to cause someone to flat refuse to try another one. Have they played others in the series?

Try it. It will quell allot of the problems you might've had with 3. I don't think there's been another AC that just threw you out into the wild as fast as 4. It treated you like you've played the series before.

That's insane to me. AC3 wasn't so bad to cause someone to flat refuse to try another one. Have they played others in the series?
Yup. They played all the others and hated 3 that much. To them the series is dead with
Desmond.
Some people are just stubborn...

To the bold...cringe. The settings are much more important.
I don't agree with that. I don't care about the settings. I play AC for the story and not the setting, to me its just a nice bonus. So I can understand why 3's ending really turned people off but I still love the series.

@Wreck

Shitty youtube quality, but I liked these aspects of the trailer. I'll probably try to reproduce these moments in glorious 5120x2880 screenshots :)

thank you for these

i cannot watch the video at work

this game is looking hot!

i cannot wait

the HYPE is REAL

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Find the highest building, synchronize, and follow all the blips on your radar! Finally some innovation ;)

Top Bottom