• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 Game Informer Details

still gotta beat revelations

same here.

I've played it up to the point where the tutorial stuff is finished and put it down. I think I've grown weary of the character, era, and setting. This new info has inspired me to finish it though. =)

The American Revolution setting sounds utterly awesome for AC3 though. A much needed change. Free running colonial NY and Boston sound pretty cool.

ZZMitch

5 Games in one generation? Damn. When i get the time i am going to have to sit myself down and play them all.

Yeah it is a lot of games, but as long as they are quality titles I don't really have a problem with how quickly they are released.

Massa

-"It's not just going to a historical building now; it's going to a historical event."

To me this is the best news. They're never gonna pick a better setting than AC2, but they can easily make better use of the historical aspect than "hey! Leonardo Da Vinci is making shit for you!"

No Den Defense?!?!?

funny-gifs-i-get-excited-about-insurance-too.gif
That's a fantastic gif.

Kurtofan

the only problem with semi-sequel = french revolution idea is that if they're trying to take the series into more open-world areas then it would be hard to reconcile that with...paris

i suppose they could set it in the french countryside too

Well they could do both, I don't think they'll scrap the city levels entirely.

ReaperXL7

-They're aiming for accuracy by having historical dialog consultants and actual Native American actors..

Damn, so much of this sounds awesome, but I have to give Ubi much thanks for taking the Native American aspects so seriously. Being Native American myself, it's nice to get a chance to play a character with my heritage in such an important timeframe.

I'll be intereted in seeing the VA list, i'm curious who they are using for the voice work.

If they do this game right it could be generation defining, so pumped for October.

A lot of people were hating on the game on the other thread, just because it was set in America, now it seems everyone loves it, you gotta love the internet, and that's without showing a kick-ass CGI trailer. I loved the idea since the beginning and still do, can't wait.

seems a lot of people will have to eat crow.

Eat crow, while wearing hoods...

So it comes out this year?!

Word. October 30th.... John Adams birthday!!

Well that has pretty much just inspired me to play Brotherhood to get it out of the way. Been putting it off, but MUST PLAY AC3 COME RELEASE!

xD

ironcreed

Banned
I feel pretty vindicated that AC3 is basically exactly what any rational long time fan of the series from the first game expected for a numbered sequel, and once again proves that AssBro and AssRev are cash-in expansions to reuse as much AC2 design as possible to release yearly sequels.

FUCKING PUMPED.

This says it all, although I did really enjoy Brotherhood. Revelations did me in, though. Just too much of the same, too soon. Reading these details and seeing the leaked images earlier was like breathing fresh air.

This information sounds really promising. I like what they're doing to take advantage of the setting. Hopefully the extra development time means that everything will come together into a cohesive whole instead of just being a bunch of features.

rukland

I was excited before reading this info. At this point I swear this game might have moved past my must have Borderlands 2 ... and well that is impressive.

If Ubi pulls this off it's so primed for a GOTY.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I haven't played any of the games in the series and this sounds really promising. I need to get around to playing 1 & 2.

Well that has pretty much just inspired me to play Brotherhood to get it out of the way. Been putting it off, but MUST PLAY AC3 COME RELEASE!

xD

Brotherhood really isn't bad. Updated combat engine (combo kills together) and you can even counter with the freaking crossbow! The dens/platforming levels are really fun (especially one of the last ones that take place in a church during a thunderstorm).

Revelations is where it turned really dull I think. They changed things that they didn't need to with the combat engine, and then added strange things like the tower defense side missions. I still don't know how I feel about the bomb crafting either. The game just didn't do anything to push the story forward.

-Cwalat-

To me this is the best news. They're never gonna pick a better setting than AC2, but they can easily make better use of the historical aspect than "hey! Leonardo Da Vinci is making shit for you!"

They could have done more with Da Vinci... but you have to admit... If Davinci didn't make things for us we would have gone apeshit: "WTF!? Why didn't the greatest inventor of aöö history make a single tool or weapon for us? Way to shit on a golden opportunity Ubi!"

I'm also excited for the locations not being prioritized before historical EVENTS =)

For all the talk about Den Defense, even though it was in Revelations, I only played it once in that tutorial mission. I kept the detection low, and boosted up my dens fast enough to have to avoid ever playing it.

So as long as that's viable, I don't really care.

Jtrizzy

Revelations feels kind of bloated as someone who only played AC1 and bits of 2, but it's still a pretty good game. There is too much HUD as well. The cities are so beautiful in 1080p on my plasma, it reminds me of that Jaffe quote about GOW looking like a painting.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what the main character's motivation to travel away from his homeland and to Europe to participate in the French Revolution would be, though.

*hmmmmmmmmmmm*

AC III ends in
, which just so happens to be when
the Treaty of Paris was signed, which was signed by Ben Franklin (among others) who also just so happens to be in the game.

Just sayin'...

Stat!

I was skeptical when I heard revolutionary war (as I wanted England in Medieval times) but this is good. I'm hoping eventually we move to different periods through out history like China, Japan, France, etc.

Overall, after seeing hte pictures and details, I'm excited.

Top Bottom