• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Takao

Banned
World is watching.

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.

:(

Does this have some crossbuy or combo discount with ac3 ps3?

There's an expensive bundle on PSN with AC3, Liberation, and the season pass. It's like $120 in North America, but if you buy it before November it's applicable for the $20 back on $100 spent promotion.

Dunan

I love how the Japanese version has the (IMO ridiculous) name "Lady Liberty".

And I see why they did it -- when Revelations was first released, the name was transliterated into katakana with the somewhat-incorrect リバレーション (ribareeshon), changing the first vowel from an E to an I for some reason and using a less-foreign B sound rather than a V. (A more accurate rendering would have been レヴェレーション revereeshon.)

So they painted themselves into a corner, because their rendering of "revelation" looks a lot more like "liberation". They must have been gnashing their teeth when Ubi made a game that actually was called Liberation.

This is why you need to be as accurate as possible when transcribing foreign words!

lantus

There's an expensive bundle on PSN with AC3, Liberation, and the season pass. It's like $120 in North America, but if you buy it before November it's applicable for the $20 back on $100 spent promotion.
Yup, basically getting the season pass for free.

Dunan

Wait, you have to pay for the season pass in addition to paying for the game?

And by "season" do they mean that you only get to play multiplayer for a limited time?

Massa

Wait, you have to pay for the season pass in addition to paying for the game?

And by "season" do they mean that you only get to play multiplayer for a limited time?

Season Pass gets you some upcoming DLC packs for PS3 AC3, it's not the same as an online pass.

OmegaZero

Any chance of the
modern
stuff in this?

In ACIII:Liberation, you're the person experiencing Aveline's memories through a commercialized version of the Animus that Abstergo Entertainment has released. They've basically found a way to package genetic memories for people to experience.

Is it really only two locations that have been confirmed? Or are these merely the ones we know of thus far?

I suppose two decently sized locations seems like appropriately breadth and scope for a portable game.

You do visit a third location that has been revealed, but in case it's a major spoiler (as there hasn't been too much footage on it), I made the decision to avoid posting it in the OT. If you want to know, though, you also go to
Chichen Itza, Mexico

Can I reccomend that OP changes Youtube links from:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcoTiLhINT8
into
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/v/RcoTiLhINT8

That way, we who have Neogaf YouTube Script wont get OT's that looks like this.

:)

Thanks. Will do.

Which video has good actual gameplay footage? The way trailers are framed makes it seem like the camera is super zoomed in.

There's plenty of off-screen footage on YouTube, and some direct feed footage in the Developer Diary and interviews. I can post some links if you want.

Would be nice.

I'm actually curious about the length. AC portable games have generally been quite short.

I'm sure gameplay would be fine, but I guess expecting a similar length game to a console game is expecting a bit too much?

Elios83

Really hope that this won't suck, the platform needs a popular hit.
Reasonably I expect it to be good although it will probably suffer in comparison with AC3.

Takao

Banned
For curiosity's sake I looked up the Japanese sale data for AC games. Media Create-only:

[PS3] Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft) - 27, 895 / 69, 510
[PS3] Assassin's Creed Ubi the Best (Ubisoft) - 1528 / 75, 374
[PS3] Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft) - 48, 748 / 114, 483
[PS3] Assassin's Creed II: Special Edition (Ubisoft) - 6900 / 59, 057
[PS3] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft) - 36, 098 / 78, 112
[PS3] Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) - 39, 947 / 56, 615

[360] Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft) - No data
[360] Assassin's Creed Platinum Collection (Ubisoft) - 1265 / 13, 460
[360] Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft) - 24, 227 / 38, 997
[360] Assassin's Creed II: Special Edition Platinum Collection (Ubisoft) - 1593 / 6952
[360] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft) - 10, 312 / 21, 029
[360] Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) - 4907 / 11, 581

[PSP] Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (Ubisoft) - 16, 640 / 44, 920
[PSP] Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines UBI the Best (Ubisoft) - 441 / 13, 594

Would be nice.

I'm actually curious about the length. AC portable games have generally been quite short.

I'm sure gameplay would be fine, but I guess expecting a similar length game to a console game is expecting a bit too much?

I believe they said 13-15 hours for story length.

OmegaZero

The campaign length is expected to last "12-15 hours". (Beaten.)

Does this have some crossbuy or combo discount with ac3 ps3?

None that I'm aware of.

Forgot to say before i can't see any of the pictures in the op for some reason. Any ideas?

I just checked and it loads just fine on Chrome for me. So it must be on your end.
Are you experiencing a similar problem to the one discussed in this forum thread?

Carl

I believe they said 13-15 hours for story length.

wow that's amazing.

Seriously this just sounds like a perfect transition from console to portable. Whilst also being a unique game with its own story. Bravo, Ubi.

Anyone know when the review embargo is up?

Dunan

For curiosity's sake I looked up the Japanese sale data for AC games. Media Create-only:

[PS3] Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft) - 27, 895 / 69, 510
[PS3] Assassin's Creed Ubi the Best (Ubisoft) - 1528 / 75, 374
[PS3] Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft) - 48, 748 / 114, 483
[PS3] Assassin's Creed II: Special Edition (Ubisoft) - 6900 / 59, 057
[PS3] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft) - 36, 098 / 78, 112
[PS3] Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) - 39, 947 / 56, 615

[360] Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft) - No data
[360] Assassin's Creed Platinum Collection (Ubisoft) - 1265 / 13, 460
[360] Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft) - 24, 227 / 38, 997
[360] Assassin's Creed II: Special Edition Platinum Collection (Ubisoft) - 1593 / 6952
[360] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft) - 10, 312 / 21, 029
[360] Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) - 4907 / 11, 581

[PSP] Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (Ubisoft) - 16, 640 / 44, 920
[PSP] Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines UBI the Best (Ubisoft) - 441 / 13, 594

What do the two numbers mean? Most recent period / total since release? Something like that? That "441" for the "best" edition of Bloodlines is somewhat scary. I played Bloodlines and liked it, though the bonus weapon you get for linking with AC2 makes you so ridiculously overpowered that the game becomes less fun.

Grisby

Great OT. Skipping the console release for now because Halo is out a week after. But damn if I'm not picking this bad boy up.

Apath

I was planning on getting this day one, but literally every single Vita game I've bought has dropped dramatically in price only weeks after its release (most notably Mortal Kombat and Resistance). I think I'm just going to wait for Black Friday to pick this one up.

zroid

Banned
About as excited for this as I am for any other of the console Assassin's Creed games!

so I'll be buying it when it's 15 bucks in a few months

Takao

Banned
What do the two numbers mean? Most recent period / total since release? Something like that? That "441" for the "best" edition of Bloodlines is somewhat scary. I played Bloodlines and liked it, though the bonus weapon you get for linking with AC2 makes you so ridiculously overpowered that the game becomes less fun.

First Week / Total Sales

Zen

Banned
My girlfriend just picked up a Vita and and got the silly madden bundle because that was the only one they were selling at 249. I really should have told her to wait a week to pick up the Liberation Bundle.

Eitherway, bought (unless the reviews come in as dissapointing I suppose). The Vita is amazing, bettwen my PSP games, LBP Vita, the All Stars Battle Royale Beta, and this, It's basically my main gaming system (behing PC for StarCraft II mind you). THe Vita has no 'games shortage'.

GQman2121

Banned
So no Desmond!? That's excellent news. There's nothing worse than having him handicap the experience of the mainline games. The idea that they're willing to tell the story of a supporting character that exists in the same world as Connor - and to a lesser extent, Desmond - is very promising for the future of the franchise. The Animus stuff is so unnecessary at this point.

I was hoping for a $80-90 bundle at retail, but I guess that isn't happening. I'll probably just wait this one out like I'm doing with AC3.

Midou

I kind of wanted to get this on vita now at launch and then AC3 on PC in late nov, but I think I might bet burned out by too much ACing. I've only watched a few trailers but is this supposed to be different enough so you aren't just treading through the same areas?

Massa

I kind of wanted to get this on vita now at launch and then AC3 on PC in late nov, but I think I might bet burned out by too much ACing. I've only watched a few trailers but is this supposed to be different enough so you aren't just treading through the same areas?

Well, it's supposed to be a completely different game but still it's an Assassin's Creed game. A lot of people I know are picking up the Vita version and waiting a couple months for the sale on the PC version. It will probably go for $35-40 in a couple of weeks.

Any kind of meta game in this to level up or w/e?

Are all the touch stuff optional like canoe?

There's a meta game about shipping and transporting goods, there was a thread with details from Game Informer with more info about it.

Canoe touch stuff is optional.

A Creole Ninja in New Orleans : The Game.

A modestly presented, roguish female main character in my hometown? There's like nothing about this that doesn't interest me. I hope the gameplay is as interesting as Aveline so far seems.

Going to wait for impressions and my wallet before I jump on this bundle, but unless the controls are terrible, I'm feeling pretty good about this.

Quick

Banned
This and the ACIII thread are awesome. Good job, OP.

I've been sold on this game since it was first announced. I bought a Vita partly because of this game. Feels like forever that I've been waiting for both this and ACIII.

OmegaZero

Going to wait for impressions and my wallet before I jump on this bundle, but unless the controls are terrible, I'm feeling pretty good about this.

According to the JTM Games preview in the OP, the default controls are:

L – Precision Mode
R – Run/Free Run
Triangle (hold) – Aim Weapon and Shoot
Triangle (tap) – Reflex shot
Circle – Interact
Square – Attack
Down (d-pad) – Reload Firearm
Right (d-pad) – Chain Kill

There was a rather negative preview released recently complaining about the controls, but almost every other impression and preview I've read (with the exception of one claiming framerate issues) have been extremely positive.

Top Bottom