• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

OmegaZero

Good thing my store breaks the street date tomorrow and I'll be able to tell you guys :D

(well, only the menus since I doubt the servers are online)

That would be great.

EDIT:
can u provide a link to the concept art that the avatars were made from?

Sure, here you go:
Soldier Concept Art
Mackandal Guard Concept Art
Agate Concept Art (the Mentor of the New Orleans Assassins)
Aveline on a Rooftop Art
Aveline Assassin Render
Aveline Servant Render
Aveline Lady Render

From one of the links above

tumblr_mbq5baLYW01rgy94jo1_500.png

:lol I love it

Man, I hope this lives up to its potential.

I was lucky enough to win a Vita, but if I hadn't, it's looking like LittleBigPlanet Vita and Ass Liberation would have been the one-two punch to push me into buying one.

Ricker

Nice OT,took the avatar and I am getting the PS Vita bundle with this game,Future Shop up here in Canada throw in a 50 dollar gift card as well...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Can't get it next week like I'd like to, but I'll try and snag it sometime next month, after PlayStation All Stars.

Looks super hot.

Damn, I just realized Zero Escape and Ragnarok are also out this month! My Vita is getting a lot of love, but I can't afford all these games at once! Maybe there will be some cool black friday sales I can take advantage of...

I hope they dont mess up the multiplayer as it was something i have been really looking forward to as the AC have some of the best multi gameplay this gen.

Surely it can be hard to emulate the console version, players shouldnt be a problem as you only have up to 8 anyway. The only thing i can see being a problem is the amount of NPC's going about but surely that could be adapted?

This i think is part of the reason people get worried about the Vita, the game is 6 days away yet there is no mention at all about what the multiplayer is like?!

Fingers crossed it will be good :(

Ken

Yeah, pretty much.

I guess the one advantage Liberation has over the console version is that I can just sit at home and wait for it to show up on PSN. Other than that, can't really decide. Guess I'll wait on reviews.

Carl

It was definitely announced to have multiplayer, and one of the PS3-unlocked things is a multiplayer character, so...

Tiamant

Well, not starting the game now since my battery dried off, I'll post some impressions in a couple hours when I arrive home. One thing is certain, the back of the box says one player only, near implementations and dlc for ps3, no multiplayer anywhere.

Volcynika

where did you guys get the idea that this game has multiplayer..?

check the official site..

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/games/assassins-creed-3-liberation/index.aspx

there is not a single mention about multiplayer..

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-us/press/detail.aspx?cid=tcm:99-53965&ctid=tcm:95-27313-32

Well it was in a press release way back in June at least.

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation also features PS Vita-specific controls, making the most of the system’s front and rear touch panels, cameras and gyroscope. These include distinctive combat, character interaction, deciphering and traversal controls – all delivering an immersive handheld Assassin’s Creed experience. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation will also bring a unique multiplayer experience to the series exclusively tailored for PS Vita.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'd totally get this if I had a Vita, the character and setting are definitely interesting. New Orleans has a fine history of contracts and bounties.

Peff

Huh, someone just told me they're already selling the game around here. Might pick it up later. Apparently there IS multiplayer but for the time being the moment you select it a server error message appears.

Carl

If they cut the multiplayer (without even having the manners to say anything) it's really disappointing.

This situation reminds me of that article from Gaf before regarding game companies keeping quiet regarding their games. Shit like this does nothing but make them look bad and make the game seem incomplete ect.

If they just come out and say something like "Multiplayer is coming along, we are adapting it specifically for the Vita but we will go into exact details later on" we would have none of this worrying of confusion, instead they don’t want to look bad so they remain quiet on the subject and make it look like its quietly been axed which does a lot more harm than good.

Carl

I did not see it mentioned in the OP in that thread..

but i see it in the press release from June..

Just means they changed their minds..

Thegamedoesnothavemultiplayer#

If they announce that a game will have multiplayer, they should either have damn multiplayer in it, or announce that multiplayer has been cut for budget/time/whatever reasons. Not just shut up and hope everyone forgets you announced it.

Tiamant

And I was worried about the lack of npc's, this city sure is crowded!

Edit: an update for the game already when trying to log online.

Edit 2: "multiplayer issues solved" guess this is it.

Top Bottom