• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Did you also finish the extra ship missions? I believe that has a plot and villain that you would not get if you just stuck with the main missions.

I went straght through the main game, and only did the naval stuff when it was mandatory. So I wouldn't know about a seperate story arc for the ship segments, but the achievements do reference a character, so it might be.

Goon Boon

Banned
u7CvC.gif

FAgD8.gif

mUyUC.gif

Saw these on /v/, accidentally posted these in the Vita game thread a minute ago.

SJRB

Gold Member
Those gifs are from a game show where a player at the AC booth discovered debug mode by pressing the triggers and the analog sticks.

MrDaravon

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well anyway, I'm going to have to hold off getting this for a bit, which mainly sucks because if I want the encyclopedia I'm going to have to order it separately from ubisoft later since it doesn't seem like anywhere else ever carries it (I had the encyclopedia edition pre-ordered at Amazon). Well still be looking at this thread though, impressions seem slightly mixed so I'm curious how this will turn out.

Flipyap

http://i.imgur.com/u7CvC.gif[ /IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FAgD8.gif[ /IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mUyUC.gif[ /IMG]
Saw these on /v/, accidentally posted these in the Vita game thread a minute ago.[/QUOTE]
Oh.

...wait, what?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YOZ3M.gif

there is a big plot twist that happens early on in Sequence 3 or something that people have vaguely talked about. pretty sure that's it

Did it have something to do with Connor suddenly becoming a bird and flying around Colonial America fighting time traveling Nazi Templars led by Zombie Rodrigo?

I ended up preordering. I was going to wait since WWE 13 was going to keep me occupied for a while, but it's hard to beat 47 bucks at Newegg. I bought Most Wanted too.

This is how it should be! I should pay 47 dollars for preordering instead of getting fucked a week later when Amazon has it listed for 50.

Target is supposed to have buy 2 get 1 free starting tomorrow if that would be a better deal for the 3 games you want.

Early players - how does Boston look in the game? Do you have any knowledge if it's been "faithfully" recreated? Lived there for four years, would be pretty awesome to recognize of a bunch of landmarks. I lived right down the street from Paul Revere's church, so I wouldn't mind running by my "virtual" apartment.

SJRB

Gold Member
Early players - how does Boston look in the game? Do you have any knowledge if it's been "faithfully" recreated? Lived there for four years, would be pretty awesome to recognize of a bunch of landmarks. I lived right down the street from Paul Revere's church, so I wouldn't mind running by my "virtual" apartment.

Uhm...

CrazyDude

You apartment probably did not exist at that time, maybe another building was their, but I doubt your apartment is from the 18th century. Even then...

Amir0x

Banned

lmfao

Is this a drunk post?

Amir0x

Banned
maybe Desmond has to travel around a faithfully recreated modern day Boston and that is the megaton secret Ubisoft has been keeping from us

BRING IT ON!

:lol

iNvid02

HlklD.jpg

LOL

Vire

M4Wqv.gif

If anyone was wonder. Using just your fists, you can go around doing non-lethal silent takedowns. It makes playing stealthy even better.

The amount of animations in this game are blowing my mind. Especially in combat. They have also included different animations to trigger depending on where you are standing in the environment. I was pressed up against a wall and countered an enemies attack. Conner then used his feet to jump off the wall and superman punch the enemy in the face. This was just with using my fists. There are a bunch of different ones depending on what weapons are selected.

Dug

Banned
Are you a time traveler by any chance?

SJRB

Gold Member
If anyone was wonder. Using just your fists, you can go around doing non-lethal silent takedowns. It makes playing stealthy even better.

The amount of animations in this game are blowing my mind. Especially in combat. They have also included different animations to trigger depending on where you are standing in the environment. I was pressed up against a wall and countered an enemies attack. Conner then used his feet to jump off the wall and superman punch the enemy in the face. This was just with using my fists. There are a bunch of different ones depending on what weapons are selected.

The silent fist takedowns are possible since ACII but never explained in a tutorial - I discovered them by accident.

If you walk up behind a guard while having your fists "equipped" you punch him in the kidney, throw him on the ground and curbstomp his face.

So yeah, non-lethal. Guy will probably be severely handicaped for the rest of his life but hey, it's better than getting a knife in the throat.

The silent fist takedowns are possible since ACII but never explained in a tutorial - I discovered them by accident.

If you walk up behind a guard while having your fists "equipped" you punch him in the kidney, throw him on the ground and curbstomp his face.

So yeah, non-lethal. Guy will probably be severely handicaped for the rest of his life but hey, it's better than getting a knife in the throat.

Yeah I know that. This time if they don't see you approaching, it is more of a chokeout/sleeper hold move.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
This disappoints me and I almost wish I didn't preorder it it seems like they went back to the original to much. People told me that AC 2 was better because there was less stealth and I enjoyed the hell out of it - I hope this stealth is optional at least.

People didn't hate on AC1 because of stealth, they hated on it because it was boring as shit. AC2 was much better in that regard - more to do, greater variety etc.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah I know that. This time if they don't see you approaching, it is more of a chokeout/sleeper hold move.

That's actually pretty nice, I never thought of it much but I would love a couple of non-lethal takedown moves.

I tried to do the kidney punch as often as possible when freeroaming the rooftops in previous games. For some reason randomly killing innocent rooftop guards who are just doing their daily job felt wrong and against everything the game and the main character try to convey.

Worst moment in the entire franchise regarding the random killing of soldiers: the part in the catacombs in ACII, where the two guards find a piece of gold. This one guy says "O boy I can't wait to show this to my wife tonight, she is going to be so happy". Enter Ezio Auditore da Manslaughterenze who casually stabs the guy in the throat and leaves him bleeding out in some godforsaken place never to be found again.

CrazyDude

That's actually pretty nice, I never thought of it much but I would love a couple of non-lethal takedown moves.

I tried to do the kidney punch as often as possible when freeroaming the rooftops in previous games. For some reason randomly killing innocent rooftop guards who are just doing their daily job felt wrong and against everything the game and the main character try to convey.

Worst moment in the entire franchise regarding the random killing of soldiers: the part in the catacombs in ACII, where the two guards find a piece of gold. This one guy says "O boy I can't wait to show this to my wife tonight, she is going to be so happy". Enter Ezio Auditore da Manslaughterenze who casually stabs the guy in the throat and leaves him bleeding out in some godforsaken place never to be found again.

And his children all starve to death.

Does anybody know if the people and building info thing is back?

Hey guys I've just been reading on CAG that AC3 Gold Edition is free in the EU store.

I have no idea how the pre-order thing works but dude had this pic:

293806_435932533123311_1380340009_n.jpg

Raxious

installing as we speak, however I have no idea if the game is gonna get blocked at some point, considering u have to do a pre-order. Download should be done in about an hour, so if it's done I'll let u guys know.

rvy

Banned
They'll just charge your shit anyway. That's how they are. Watch them go through your transaction history and track down your CC number.

I AIN'T FALLING FOR YOUR TRICKS, SONY.

Top Bottom