• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Origins - Hype Check

dealer-

Put a whole heap of time into this today. And wow. Definitely exceeded my expectations so far. World is beautiful. So much to do. Only just made it to Alexandria and I can easily see this is going to be one of those 100+ hour games for me.

Loving it!

I'm tempted to get this now. I should get Wolfenstein but not really in the mood for an ultra violent game. Taking in the sights in ancient Egypt sounds more fun. Is there a lot of historical information about the monuments and landmarks like in the previous games?

WaterAstro

Amazingly, there's no collectables.

Collectathon doesn't mean picking up stuff, it's means littering the map with pretty mundane things to do and checking them off, like climbing countless towers for whatever.

Just read a review saying they didn't reinvent much of AC, it's just a refinement.

Not so hyped anymore.

Weevilone

I get hung up b/c I would prefer to play on PC, since I have plenty of horsepower there. But then I remember that Ubi requires me to use their client instead of Steam, and they often aren't kind to PC players in terms of port quality.

So 0, though it looks pretty.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Collectathon doesn't mean picking up stuff, it's means littering the map with pretty mundane things to do and checking them off, like climbing countless towers for whatever.

Just read a review saying they didn't reinvent much of AC, it's just a refinement.

Not so hyped anymore.

To be fair, I don’t recall them hinting at much other than a retooling. Combat changes, more rpg elements, bringing back tombs... that kind of thing. I still expected it to be Assassin’s Creed.

zenspider

Interested, but not excited. I wish a bolder game from the time off, but it looks fun enough, and I love the setting.

It doesn't help that Ubisoft is notorious for dropping prices fast, so it can definitely wait for me.

Hope it's great for series diehards!

Top Bottom