• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins screenshot leaks, new details (AC4 team, Naval combat, more)

Frostman

The water specifically reminds me of Watch Dogs'. I wonder if they switched the engine.

To me the water looks like an improved version of AC4. The current gen/PC version of AC4 has some of the best and realistic looking water I've seen.

From the leaker on reddit

"one more bit of info:

game has smaller segments that take place in different times; the setting is the same though. a bit hard to exaplin without going into the story"

Helix rifts from unity make a return? If there's one thing that game did right, was the rifts. Loved that shit.

Aangster

The second objective in that leaked screenshot reminds me of those terrible 'follow target' sequences in Black Flag and the worst offender of course, being the one on a sea vessel. Given the claims of revamped combat, I'm concerned poor mission design hasn't been addressed.

It's still supposed to be Egypt right? I'm hoping for more interior parts like 2 had with climbing, puzzles, dungeons in guess. Please shake up that whole mission system and bring some actual variety for a change. Please no constant following and all that shit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
He's not been in it for some time though, or am I misremembering?

You're not, unless you count in-game archival footage or mentions in passing. There is the fact that (actual Black Flag spoiler)
Abstergo harvested his organs
, though, so I suppose the possibility of some sort of return shouldn't be ruled out entirely (in general, I mean, not with regard to the upcoming game specifically).

I'll admit I love most of the series and am starved for a new one but that has to be one of the best off-screen screenshots I've seen. Looks really promising. The naming is a little eh but that hardly matters.

twitter_-_2017-05-09_t0ufa.png

lol

MrHoot

Out of all the generic AAA naming conventions, "Origins" is up there with "Age of X", "Retribution" and "Warsomething"

In any case, I hope this longer dev cycle actually helped produce something with some gut, and not just "more of the same but bigger" cuz otherwise, AC is fucked no matter how long they take on it

Hopefully we get more more meaningful quests and the fact that the largest world map isn't empty or devoid of any personality. Developers should have stolen how to do this from witcher 3 by now.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
the water in that screenshot is straight out of AC4, as is the sunset orange color palette

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yeah, and technical issues aside, it was very good. But I'm talking about mechanics overhaul as well.

Unity running at 120fps and 8K would still be a poor game. Every aspect of the game was mediocre and rushed, not just it's technical presentation.

This could be the best Assassin's Creed game yet, but I refuse to play something so blandly titled as "Origins."

What were they thinking?

I really wish they would just scrap the modern day aspect.

Desmond went from interesting to god awful.

The fourth wall breaking stuff post desmond went from mediocre and cute to god awful.

Just give me a cool vaguely accurate historical city (that isn't in boring ass Europe or early America) to run around and stab fools in.

Heartfyre

One of those Helix Rifts had better be Roman Alexandria, preferably during the reign of Antony & Cleopatra and the Civil War.

"Ancient Egypt" is cool and all, but it's indistinct and open to interpretation...which makes it ideal AC fodder, but I do prefer seeing places and events contemporaneously chronicled after the invention of history.

I still have to finish Syndicate. I can't seem to enjoy it that much even though I liked Unity.

This one sounds really awesome. Egypt? Naval Combat? AC4 team? Count me in.

cackhyena

Unity running at 120fps and 8K would still be a poor game. Every aspect of the game was mediocre and rushed, not just it's technical presentation.

No. It gave you more freedom in how you took care of missions than most ACs. It actually brought stealth into the mix, beyond the social type. It wasn't the bloated mess most have been for years. It was gorgeous to boot.

jacobeid

Banned
With all things, I will keep an open mind to this. I wasn't a huge fan of the naval combat in AC4 and in general I'm fatigued, but I will give this a fair shot!

Urgh, stopped enjoying the AC series once they released black flag. Naval combat was boring as fuck.

Was hoping for a return to a brotherhood type affair :(. Oh well.

Nev

Banned
Egypt setting is so good and refreshing. Naval combat is zzz though, not interested in that shit. Shame.

MikeBison

Screenshot looks good. Navel combat is cool.

BUT I NEED PYRAMIDS DAMMIT.

Basically you remember the bits of eternal darkness where you're inside the pyramids? I need that vibe over a whole game. Pyramids, traps, mummies and shit.

GIVE ME THAT.

I would love if your character was shit against fighting more than one person at a time ans you had to be stealthy, like hitman

Top Bottom