• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC "Lost Archive"

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The achievements for the DLC make it seems like at least some of it is Desmond stuff. :/

Eww. Don't dislike the character, did very much dislike the Desmond parts in Revelations. Give me back my tinfoil hat glyphs.

ultron87

Man. I didn't think it would be entirely that first person crap. And that's even a section of the story I'd be interested in.

Guess my long streak of never buying AC DLC despite loving the series is going to continue.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. This is conflicting. Looks like potentially interesting story material wrapped up in the content I dreaded most from this game.

rataven

There's no doubt....Ubi knows how to make a trailer. But this stuff is REALLY not the extra content I was hoping for. :/

iNvid02

again great trailer but personally i have 0 interest in that desmond animus stuff, my acr dlc hopes are ruined

just gonna open a bag of chips crisps and watch some guy on youtube play through it like i did with the desmond levels
KuGsj.gif

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
again great trailer but personally i have 0 interest in that desmond animus stuff, my acr dlc hopes are ruined

just gonna open a bag of crisps and watch some guy on youtube play through it like i did with the desmond levels
KuGsj.gif

Hmm, that's probably what I'll be doing as well. Really hated those parts.

I enjoyed the Animus stuff, albeit not as much as the truth puzzles. But still, will definitely get this. Seems like this stuff should have been included from the get go though-- the Desmond content was way too sparse in Revelations.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Looks cool. Fuck you haters, I'll do more Desmond stuff if it's like the Villa in Brotherhood (SHUT UP I'M ON MEMORY 8 IN BROTHERHOOD).

Though, I really wish Ubisoft would 180 on charging for their multiplayer content since it divides the already small community even further apart on an aside.

alf717

Didn't noticed the trailer in the OP. Guess this is just Subject 16 stuff (a.k.a. first person stuff) Looks interesting but not for the asking price even if it is lower than expected. At least the Vlad mission is now available for all..... sort of =/

I asked over at Ubi's forum about the PC:

A user posted

This is taken from Ubisoft Nordic Facebook page regarding the new DLC

"The DLC
is not untill next PSN and XBL update!!! Wednesday for XBOX and PC - Thursday for PS3. /MR"

So that makes the DLC for PC to come out 29.

Sorry for my english

megalowho

$10 is at least in line with substantial DLC like Minerva's Den and RDR's Undead Nightmare. $15 for this amount of content just seems greedy in comparison.

Seeing as I can't stand Subject 16 and kind of soured on the Desmond Journey sections in Revelations, I doubt I'll be jumping into this. At least there's a few interesting visual flourishes in that trailer.

I remember there being two of those Animus memory gates unused on Animus Island in Revelations, so this is probably accessed through those.

I liked the story that was told in those bits, but the gameplay wasn't fun at all. I'd pay $15 for a short story of Subject 16's time at Abstergo if it had proper Assassin's Creed controlling-a-dude gameplay, but not more first-person puzzles. Although I'm interested to see how they handle Lucy since it doesn't seem like Kristen Bell's coming back. It was that other lady's voice in the trailer (Rachel, maybe? What's her name, the tech girl Lucy introduces you to in AC2?).

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I didn't mind the Desmod sequences at all, but I'm not paying $10 for more of it.

At least it's not Den Defense DLC. That was by far the biggest misstep in the series.

Didn't they list Vlad the impaler single player missions? Seems like something different than those Desmond missions. Perhaps Subject 16's ancestor? Or I could be wrong.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Hated those levels in Revelations, but am really interested in the Subject 16 story. Wish they'd do something with Daniel Cross though.

Long done with Revelations. Worst Assassin's Creed game so far.

First game was much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much worse.
But yeah, Revelations is not that good.

The best parts were the sofia scenes and some of the dungeons. And the amazing OST.

ultron87

My problem with the first person puzzles is that they could've actually been a semi-challenging thoughtful series of puzzles but it was far easier to just jam on the "create platform" button as much as possible and barge your way past every obstacle.

The best parts were the sofia scenes and some of the dungeons. And the amazing OST.

And the Minstrel mission. And the wrap up for Ezio and Altair.

New link to video if people are interested...
http://dai.ly/zh55Q6

What the fuck!? Seriously? One of the main gripes with ACR were the alternate reality missions and how they just seemed really out of place. So what does Ubisoft do??? They say, "hey, lets give them even more of the stuff they really didn't like and charge them for it."
Just goes to show you that all this shit was probably already done before the game was released and they just held back on releasing it. This is bullshit and makes me worried for future games in the franchise.

Scapegoat

What the fuck!? Seriously? One of the main gripes with ACR were the alternate reality missions and how they just seemed really out of place. So what does Ubisoft do??? They say, "hey, lets give them even more of the stuff they really didn't like and charge them for it."
Just goes to show you that all this shit was probably already done before the game was released and they just held back on releasing it. This is bullshit and makes me worried for future games in the franchise.
vader.jpg

Still looks first person and still looks half baked :/.

... But since they're dropping hints about Subject 16 and Lucy I'm going to bite.... I'm part of the problem :(.

Exactly. For me it makes me worried for future games in general. It`s disgusting.

This might be interesting. While I have no great love for the Animus sequences in ACR, they were interesting.

Plus... if this spells the return of Lucy/Kristen Bell, I'm in.

On one hand, I'm interested in learning more about Subject 16. I felt that one of Revelations' biggest flaws was that it completely wasted his character after two games of buildup. On the other hand, those first-person Desmond sequences were dreadful, though part of that was due to their ultimately inconsequential effect on the plot; they didn't tell us anything about Desmond that we didn't already know (He was an Assassin-in-training, ran away, became a bartender, and was kidnapped by Vidic).

Someone in the main thread brought up a good point about how the Desmond sequences should have been modeled after the final Subject 16 sequence in Brotherhood, where you're in some weird room that builds itself while you're running, jumping, and climbing around.

On one hand, I'm interested in learning more about Subject 16. I felt that one of Revelations' biggest flaws was that it completely wasted his character after two games of buildup. On the other hand, those first-person Desmond sequences were dreadful, though part of that was due to their ultimately inconsequential effect on the plot; they didn't tell us anything about Desmond that we didn't already know (He was an Assassin-in-training, ran away, became a bartender, and was kidnapped by Vidic).

Someone in the main thread brought up a good point about how the Desmond sequences should have been modeled after the final Subject 16 sequence in Brotherhood, where you're in some weird room that builds itself while you're running, jumping, and climbing around.

Yeah, that's what I thought would happen on Animus Island when I read about it. Was disappointed when that was not the case.

Scapegoat

Yeah, would have been awesome to, I dunno, actually play the events that Desmond was narrating in the memory sequences. They could have used the sort of "geometry box" Animus style environment to cover up the fact they didn't time/money to fully craft out these real world locations. But instead we get to run around in first person avoiding walls and black boxes :/.

nel e nel

In a way, they kind of were, except that the player constructed blocks to climb on, and we were limited to 2 different shapes. I thought it was a neat idea, but needed to be polished/fleshed out more. Thankfully they were pretty short sequences, I don't think I could do a full game of that.

Based on the trailer, looks like we relive Subject 16's last memory before he was captured by Abstergo, and subsequently trapped in Animus limbo. Perhaps a reveal as to Lucy's true loyalties as well.

Scapegoat

In a way, they kind of were, except that the player constructed blocks to climb on, and we were limited to 2 different shapes. I thought it was a neat idea, but needed to be polished/fleshed out more. Thankfully they were pretty short sequences, I don't think I could do a full game of that.

Based on the trailer, looks like we relive Subject 16's last memory before he was captured by Abstergo, and subsequently trapped in Animus limbo. Perhaps a reveal as to Lucy's true loyalties as well.
Yeah I got that vibe once when he talked about travelling down a river and the geometry seemed to match but those moments were few and far between abstract block dodge.

Be very interesting to see if there is new Lucy dialogue or simply reused stuff.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I actually liked the first-person stuff, but I truly don't give a shit about Subject 16, and I don't really see any way how an expansion pack of the first-person stuff could justify not only full priced DLC, but apparently premium DLC

I quite like the music that plays in that trailer. Couldn't hear sound earlier at work, but now that I hear some dialogue, I'm a bit more interested. Might be a fun diversion. Subject 16 was under-utilized in ACR, so I'm glad to see some more with him here.

Lesiroth

I quite like the music that plays in that trailer. Couldn't hear sound earlier at work, but now that I hear some dialogue, I'm a bit more interested. Might be a fun diversion. Subject 16 was under-utilized in ACR, so I'm glad to see some more with him here.

Yeah, I actually liked the music quite a bit.

As for the DLC itself, meh.. but it's still AC and I'm forced to insta-buy >_>

Top Bottom