• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Rogue First Half Hour

Toa TAK

Banned
Female composer? :O
But not the first! Winfred Phillips did the excellent Liberation score.
Its just like AC2 music. looks like they meshed together extra content from every lastgen game and made a new one.

And i am ok with that if its it anything like AC4
On Amazon the soundtrack samples are there and I really like what I hear. I know it'll be good. Or better than Unity.

SJRB

Gold Member
This once again proves that Templars > Assassins.

Watching this, how can anyone sympathize with that band of thugs?

There should be a prompt at the start of all these games....

"Hey you played previous Assassin's Creed Games?"

-Yes or No

Answering yes will bypass the fucking slow first hour of the game.

Kanhir

I was hoping they'd brushed up Shay's godawful accent before release. But nope, it's actually worse in the full game.

At least Liam sounds halfway convincing.

Do they really have to put those tutorials in every game?

If they do, at least make them optional. There's literally no reasons to force people to do them yet again.

MormaPope

Banned
There should be a prompt at the start of all these games....

"Hey you played previous Assassin's Creed Games?"

-Yes or No

Answering yes will bypass the fucking slow three hours of the game.

Fixed that for ya. Assassins Creed 2 still has the best pacing and unlock system in the series. At least the narrative in 2&3 helped drive the gameplay, AC Brotherhood is the worse when it comes to the game fully unlocking.

I realized this, too! It's just more proof that Kyd was THE composer for this series.

He needs to return, he helped shape the series and gave it the most memorable, unique tone and atmosphere, his AC soundtracks are some of the best in video games.

The Unity composer said they brought back the AC2 theme to "represent the Assassin Brotherbood"

Toa TAK

Banned
He needs to return, he helped shape the series and gave it the most memorable, unique tone and atmosphere, his AC soundtracks are some of the best in video games.

The Unity composer said they brought back the AC2 theme to "represent the Assassin Brotherbood"
I agree. "Access the Animus" I still consider to be the series' overarching theme. It still fits the franchise.

Ahasverus

Eeh it doesn't look that much varied. The first mission used to be the one where games showed their trick in a natural manner, this just feels like mission #324329876 from AC3.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Awesome menu music, I'll give it that. The setting interests me much more than Unity but the large amount of recycled assets is a turnoff.
Give me soundtrack now. ;_;

It's already better than the two volumes for Unity.
Music is from Assassins creed 2 right ?

First thing I noticed was the menu music, AC2/Brotherhood/Revelations I found to have better music that any of the other titles. I kinda wish that the Ezio Family theme in some form had become a sort of theme of the whole series rather than just the Ezio Trilogy, beautiful piece of music. Hopefully the Rogue soundtrack doesn't take too long to come out, if it follows the title track and is a mix of previous pieces with the pirate theme it could be awesome.

Slow start looks like.
I still feel full-up on my AC after Black Flag. Don't think I'll bother with either of the two out this year, but Rogue in particular as it looks like an expansion. Ubi might get my money for Far Cry 4 though.

Toa TAK

Banned
First thing I noticed was the menu music, AC2/Brotherhood/Revelations I found to have better music that any of the other titles. I kinda wish that the Ezio Family theme in some form had become a sort of theme of the whole series rather than just the Ezio Trilogy, beautiful piece of music. Hopefully the Rogue soundtrack doesn't take too long to come out, if it follows the title track and is a mix of previous pieces with the pirate theme it could be awesome.
I dunno. I would rather the theme be confined to the Ezio Trilogy. It's his theme, you know?

Plus I'm tired of the series living in his shadow.

Muffdraul

After replaying and actually enjoying AC3 over the last couple weeks, I'm starting to become at least slightly interested in Rogue. But I'm just not there yet. The whole Kenway storyline is by far my least favorite in the series. I can wait for the current gen remaster. For me it's all about Unity right now.

MYeager

Yes, it is.

Not just the same month, but on the same day. >.>

With the Americas Collection released just recently and an iPAD game either just released or to be released shortly. With Far Cry 4 right around the corner. Ubisoft is their own biggest competition for shelf space.

Can someone explain me - Will this games gameplay systems be like AC3 or AC4?

I was under the impression that this would have the quality and density of AC4, but the setting is AC3?
I'm asking because Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag on PC looks very impressive all cranked up. I was hoping to get more scallywagging sailing goodness and collecting some songs for me mates with nice graphics!

I really like Assassins Creed. I think this franchise is worth more than the sum of its parts. When you take a step back and look at it from a whole, I think it's really cool.

Kanhir

The main character's accent is so horrible that I don't think I can buy this game.

I'm still going to buy it (when it comes out on PC), but I think I'm going to change the audio language. Listening to everyone speak German/Italian/whatever is still better than sitting through Shay's Oirish.

Ohh god from that first half hour;
Seeing young Achillis and Adewale hugging as brothers. Many feels. Cant wait to hear more about their exploits

If it's got the traditional AssCreed multiplayer I'm in for it... unless Unity does as well, but it sounds like they wanted to push co-op more than that... Really, I only like the multiplayer.

(edit) Watching the video, you can certainly see where most of the AC budget went, and it certainly wasn't here... Voice acting/voice directing seems to have been hit hardest.

well I might not be able to wait til the eventual current/next gen version. I may just bite the bullet here for the b2g1 from target next week with this.

S0N0S

That intro music makes me miss Jesper Kyd doing the AC soundtrack. His music was as critical to the character and atmosphere of the first games as the visuals. :(

Ahasverus

There are videos in youtube showing the HORRIBLE out of sync and cut audio during conversations, there is also lots of pop in.

SJRB

Gold Member
That intro music makes me miss Jesper Kyd doing the AC soundtrack. His music was as critical to the character and atmosphere of the first games as the visuals. :(

Yup, legendary composer. Especially his modern-day stuff really clicks with me, Apple Chamber from the Brotherhood soundtrack is in my playlist ever since the game first released.

Since Ubi dumped him the soundtracks have been nowhere near as good.

Top Bottom