• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate leaks early, PS4 impressions not... great.

zychi

Banned
Sounds fun, but ill wait for it to drop to $20 on pc. Good to see ubi trying a bit of different things in there, but sounds like same ol AC.

I mainly want to play it for the London setting

sjay1994

Sounds fun, but ill wait for it to drop to $20 on pc. Good to see ubi trying a bit of different things in there, but sounds like same ol AC.

I mainly want to play it for the London setting

If there is one thing for sure, these games prices drop like a fucking rock.

I mean, fuck. Ebgames Canada is literally giving unity away for free if you buy syndicate.

Sniff, sniff. Smell that? I smell BULLSHIT. I know three other fellow reviewers I've chatted with about the game and I can't speak for their final review, but I'll say this. All are having a better time with this then Unity. See you all on review day!

Sniff, sniff. Smell that? I smell BULLSHIT. I know three other fellow reviewers I've chatted with about the game and I can't speak for their final review, but I'll say this. All are having a better time with this then Unity. See you all on review day!

Here's a guy who's actually played the game, people. Take a good read before outraging.

RedAssedApe

Banned

The plot thickens. Dun dun dun

tumblr_inline_mrkubehrJO1qz4rgp.gif

Am I the only one that feels like Unity wasn't a crazy graphical achievement?

Assassin Creed has always been very samey in the graphical output. There's so many games that eclipse it that I don't feel it for that statement.

Other than that, I was expecting an AssCreed game and from the impressions, that's what it sounds like. I'm staying away from this day 1 as well. This is the third Asscreed that I haven't purchased day 1. Sad how the franchise has declined in my heart.

dreamfall

I shall just wait for reviews! They are dropping tomorrow right?

I love my annual AC fix, and I actually really enjoyed Unity after the gigantic patches when I finally got around to finishing it in the summer. By all accounts, this looks way better than Unity. The addition of Evie's stealth build vs. Jacob's brawler style has me intrigued. I'll probably wait for Black Friday for a price cut but I'm excited about it!

taa0098

Neo Member
I don't hate ac, but I also wouldn't say I love it. I'm fully confident in saying that this game will be your average ac game: does some neat tricks, but nothing revolutionary. Just good enough to keep the fans entertained till next year, will still keep selling as per usual. Not offensively bad, but not ground-breaking.

I shall just wait for reviews! They are dropping tomorrow right?

I love my annual AC fix, and I actually really enjoyed Unity after the gigantic patches when I finally got around to finishing it in the summer. By all accounts, this looks way better than Unity. The addition of Evie's stealth build vs. Jacob's brawler style has me intrigued. I'll probably wait for Black Friday for a price cut but I'm excited about it!

tomorrow at 7 AM EST I believe

Timu

I think it's time they gave up on this franchise. The series has been mediocre at best for a long time in my opinion
I think it's time for them to stop making this series yearly and actually polish them before release every year or so...plus other things that they can improve on for these games from gameplay to tech.

Anita is releasing her review tomorrow. I can't wait to see what she thinks of Evie, seeing as this is the first time a mainline game has had a female protagonist! Perched tbh.

orochi91

Boogie2988 played some of it recently and the game looked fine graphically; ran substantially better than Unity as well.

Still pretty damn boring though, so that's too bad.

KiraXD

im curious of console parity again... id like to see each version be the best it can be... but... ubisoft seems to think that the consoles are equal?

Long story short,...one person has a lot of negatives, another person is quite happy with it. When will the reviews hit?

It should be interesting at least to find out if the game is even close to being such a mess as Unity was.

KDC720

Wow, didn't even know this was out on Friday.

I thought Unity was okay, but I'm really not interested in this one at all, the sibling dynamic is kind of neat though. I'll probably pick it up when it's sub $20 in like 4 months.

I thought unity was ok but it just was completely unremarkable from a gameplay perspective.

It's like ordering middling chinese food at this point. You could, but it's probably overpriced, unhealthy, and you won't feel satisfied afterwards.

I will probably still pick it up at $20 or so just to run through the story.

Karak

Long story short,...one person has a lot of negatives, another person is quite happy with it. When will the reviews hit?

It should be interesting at least to find out if the game is even close to being such a mess as Unity was.

I think this story has been repeated for every single game...ever lol

Ever since the series began, the one place I always wanted it to be set was Victorian England. But after so many monotonous installments & Unity's launch state, when England finally comes around I refuse to buy it for the first time ever. Kind of ironic in its own way.

Maybe i'll buy it when it's cheap just to tour Victorian London. The city design is always fantastic in AC.

Yoday

im curious of console parity again... id like to see each version be the best it can be... but... ubisoft seems to think that the consoles are equal?
Yeah, that must be it. It's not like Black Flag, Watch Dogs, and Far Cry 4 all have resolution advantages on PS4 or anything, oh wait...

GPU isn't everything, and this engine is clearly CPU and memory intensive. If they have run into a memory bottleneck due to the scale of the city then they aren't going to be able to increase the resolution on either platform without scaling back in some way. Both consoles have the same amount of RAM, and for all we know the XB1 could have more available for games at this point.

I think this story has been repeated for every single game...ever lol

True!

I'm not particularly excited about Syndicate. I still need to finish Unity and i just can't seem to really get into that game, and right now Witcher 3 is taking up that time anyway and i'd say...that's game time much better spent. I really can't care much for another AC with Halo 5, Fallout 4, Rise of the TR and Batflefront around the corner.

Ubi should stop making these for a while and bring us a new PoP.

MrHoot

Regardless of veracity, i completely expect an utterly mediocre or "by the books" game as it's been the norm for assassin's creed since brotherhood with the exception of 4. With the same amount of people building mental bridges to justify why it's so

Jeremy

This isn't an economic forum. It's a gaming forum. Who the fuck cares about the investors on a gaming enthusiast forum?

Video game news, industry analysis, sales figures, deals, impressions, reviews, and discussions of everything in the medium, covering all platforms, genres, and territories.

Well, I'll check it out at half-price. A little disappointed in the folks dropping hints saying this will will surprise us in comparison to unity.

Dubz

Video game news, industry analysis, sales figures, deals, impressions, reviews, and discussions of everything in the medium, covering all platforms, genres, and territories.
I get that, but in the context of this thread investors mean nothing. This is a thread about early impressions, not Ubisoft stock performance.

maxiell

Having played the post-patch game on PS4, it seems a whole lot less buggy than Unity, which I played about four or five months after release. Framerate is well ahead of Unity.

Whether or not you'll like the game seems mostly dependent on how you feel about the setting. I think most people who buy the games enjoy the historical setting and open world. If you want a game with a great story or characters, this is not it.

mulac

For Australia friends - you can buy this in JB Hi Fi stores TODAY. Was looking at it but cant justify the $AUD 89 cost when too many other games on my list...

RPGam3r

I'll wait for actual reviewers, at least I know reviewers tastes and that they relatively more trustworthy than random posts.

RPGam3r

This isn't an economic forum. It's a gaming forum. Who the fuck cares about the investors on a gaming enthusiast forum?

As an enthusiast I care about all aspects of gaming, including why large publishers decide to continue series or not. Speak for yourself not for the forum.

Vire

Shocker, reviewers continuing the trend of giving Assassins Creed games unreasonably high scores.

Check Unity's metacritic.

Top Bottom