• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

hollerphonix

Neo Member
So what's the overall opinion gaf?

I've been really back and forth on their between last year's train wreck and the fact that I'm busy paying Canadian prices ($80).
Also with the gold edition why is it $40 more than the standard if the season pass is $30?
Is there something extra or anything special at all to make up for the extra $10?

El-Suave

Anyone know when the Jack the Ripper DLC is coming out?

I don't think anybody knows the exact date but if they release it too soon they will get hammered for not putting it in the game. The climate towards Ubisoft isn't exactly healthy. They felt the need to add genders and sexual orientation to their classic "This game is made by many people with different beliefs and religions" intro sentence.

brau

CSBTo8xUEAEekO1.jpg:large

lol. World is full of character, like this guy.

eizarus

Banned
Huge Spoiler below:

You play as the grandaughter-niece of Evie and Jacob, and there is an entire free roam section in WW1 occupied London, and you work with Winston Churchill who wants to recruit you into the secret service.

Gad damn! That info alone should sell units. Im buying this already but it just jumped up in priority.

The invisible man.....?

Spoilers in Spanish

https://youtu.be/19AXbAQYCEk

The main male is Roger Pera in spanish. His the usual voice actor of Matt damon in Spain, great funny voice.
He also has done Phoenx Wright's and the main character from dying light in videogames. The main female is also a famous voice actress.

If something Ubisoft does great everytime, is making amazing spanish dubs on their games, at least on the Assassin Creeds.

Cant say the same about the bugs.

BatSu

The main male is Roger Pera in spanish. His the usual voice actor of Matt damon in Spain, great funny voice.
He also has done Phoenx Wright's and the main character from dying light in videogames. The main female is also a famous voice actress.

If something Ubisoft does great everytime, is making amazing spanish dubs on their games, at least on the Assassin Creeds.

Cant say the same about the bugs.

I know, I'm Spanish.

witness

Fuck! I wasn't planning on getting this but seeing the good reviews and hearing the positive impressions made me buy this. I don't have any time to play this with Halo 5 and Need for Speed next week, I can only play for a couple of hours a night during the week. Plus I never finished MGS5..... Why do I do this to myself!? That said, I'm pretty excited to play this all weekend.

Ennosuke

Over the last weeks I was writing stuff on gaf like "won't buy it this time". But I bought it anyway, because what I read in the reviews sounded good to me. I saw it for a good price and I was simply in the mood for this awesome setting.

First impression is good, climbing and fighting feels improved.

After seeing what Anita said and reading GAF's opinions I may actually get this. I skipped on Unity because it was shit in every which way (and I would have rather had Rogue). But this one looks like a solid $40 purchase.

hbkdx12

Didn't really have much interest in this until i saw the GB QL and it seemed alright. Also alex didn't really throw it under the bus like i would have expected. It seems like when he doesn't like something in a game or if they're glaring flaws, he'll really nail them to the wall and dogpile on it which he didn't do.

Last Ass Creed i played was black flag and it's probably the only game in this franchise and in general that i haven't finished. I really really enjoyed the naval combat stuff, so much that i burnt myself out on the game as a whole because anytime i wasn't on the ship or upgrading it or taking down fortresses felt lame by comparison.

So i'm hoping with this new setting (which looks awesome) and a more focused approach where i'm not basically waging the game against itself that i'll enjoy it all the way through.

eizarus

Banned
Huge Spoiler below:

You play as the grandaughter-niece of Evie and Jacob, and there is an entire free roam section in WW1 occupied London, and you work with Winston Churchill who wants to recruit you into the secret service.

Gad damn! That info alone should sell units. Im buying this already but it just jumped up in priority.

Im glad theres some positive reviews here, Paris and London where my most wanted cities to appear in an AC game and i already was bummed thinking they fucked up both.

Im not going to give much of a fuck once the series tries to go to asia. Would love if we got 1880-1920 new york though.

pots555

Finished Unity last night and started Syndicate this afternoon. First impressions are really good. The gameplay, especially the fighting, is much improved. I also love the twins.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So I'm in a conundrum about choosing weapons. I like to keep Evie and Jacob different so I kept her with the cane sword. However I'm having a hard time choosing between knuckles and kukri.

Thoughts?

DrBo42

Picked it up on a whim while I grabbed Halo 5 early. It's more competent than I was expecting, by far. Evie seems like an actual good character which is kinda shocking. Combat is really over-animated and doesn't really offer anything new or improved but at least it's faster I guess. Way more mind numbing IMO. City looks good, runs okay.

brau

Curious to see what the state of the PC build will look like.

Enough positive reviews to get my interest in looking forward to the PC release.

Great game so far, smooth framerate on PS4, still a clunky AC game but I love it. Graphics are amazing too and story isnt half bad

I'm not a fan of the parkour mechanics and simplistic combat, but I'm having good fun. It's definitely clunky but enjoyable. I'm digging the story and setting a lot, though. London is a very interesting setting, and Jacob and Evie (especially Evie) are the strongest protagonists the series has seen.

Turkoop

Banned
I've played the game ~5 hours maybe more and I'm satisfied, London looks and feels great, I like the whole atmosphere, the main protagonists looking very good and I like them.
Story is nothing special but better for me as in Unity.
Free Running feels not so good, was better in Unity for me. visually its nice to see, occasionally there are some pop-in, bad textures or NPC's but everything is ok, the game is definitely not so buggy as Unity.
But I have the feeling this isn't an AAA Title anymore, PS4 could achieve better visuals and I'm sure, with more money and time they could achieve 1080p, maybe even 60 Frames

But I'm enjoying it so far

cormack12

Gold Member
Really liking this. Took a chance. Funnily enough borrowed Unity a couple of weeks ago and couldn't really get into it. Only done the intro to this and really like it. It's still a little janky between animations but ultimately it's fun. The changes are for the better but it does seem really easy so far.

'shopped for fun
VUG1rRQ.jpg

NKPo147.png

Top Bottom