• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

Portman

Am I correct in thinking that this game has the ability to summon the gang members to assist you like in Brotherhood and Revelations? I thought I saw that in a preview recently but I can't find it now and I always enjoyed that feature.

After reading some of the previews I gave in and ordered the Gold edition. Looking forward to playing it after work tomorrow and hopefully it will be a better experience than last years. I used to get the CEs and CE Guides along with art books etc but I've cut back on that with the series now to see how it does.

ryseing

Wasn't the PS3/360 AC they released last year a Black Flag-esque game? Was it good?

Rogue is excellent. Has the best story in the series and Shay is a great protagonist. The little additions to the Black Flag formula (being boarded, assassin stalkers) fit perfectly.

Syndicate is sitting in my cart on Amazon right now. Someone talk me off the ledge. For the record, I enjoy the core gameplay of the series but was incredibly disappointed by Unity.

Is Best Buy seriously not letting us preorder the base game today to avoid giving the $10 cert?
I guess so, I did exploit Mortal Kombat X getting it on release day and got the $10 rebate.

Also surprise the OT doesn't mention the season pass is $30 apparently.

Ralemont

not me
I guess so, I did exploit Mortal Kombat X getting it on release day and got the $10 rebate.

Also surprise the OT doesn't mention the season pass is $30 apparently.

Ugh, such bullshit since they still let you preorder the Gold Edition.

I wonder if it's worth it for $72 + $10 cert. You get the season pass, an extra mission for preorder and the Dreadful Crimes missions, right? Or are the Dreadful Crimes not dependent on preordering?

Frillen

Am I correct in thinking that this game has the ability to summon the gang members to assist you like in Brotherhood and Revelations? I thought I saw that in a preview recently but I can't find it now and I always enjoyed that feature.

After reading some of the previews I gave in and ordered the Gold edition. Looking forward to playing it after work tomorrow and hopefully it will be a better experience than last years. I used to get the CEs and CE Guides along with art books etc but I've cut back on that with the series now to see how it does.

Yes you can :)

Loakum

Banned
This is the first time I'm actually not hyped about the release of an Assassin's Creed game. However, I really want this game to be good, and actually polished at launch. Once again, it seems Ubisoft is delivering an defective product, with an generic story. This is so sad, because Assassin's Creed should be an GREAT series! They really was on to something special with it's "First Civilization" storyline, mixed in with it's very illuminati type Templar setting. Instead, they gutted all of that creative story-telling, in favor of basic generic stories, while completely gutting the Modern World segments. This is so stupid two-fold. At this point, the ONLY ones still interested in this series are the original diehard fans, who loved it's conspiracy theory aspects. These seem to be the fans of the series Ubi most seem to alienate. Something has to give with this franchise, because it's rapidly becoming the butts of jokes, and it earned all the ridicule it receives today. Ubisoft, if you're in this thread, please read these features, for you can have an great game again:

• [*]Bring back and 3rd person avatar for the Modern World segments!!! (enough of that first person view boring bullshit!!!)
    [*]Have an COMPLETE story (plot & missions) for the Modern World Segments!!
    [*]Bring BACK Desmond Miles, or someone else sharing his bloodline!
    [*]Bring BACK the Truth Puzzles/Glyphs/Videos!!!
    [*]Bring BACK Subject 16, Minerva!!!
    [*]Bring BACK the "The First Civilization/Those That Came Before" storyline!!!!
    [*]Bring back an chrismatic Assassin like Ezio Auditore!!!
    [*]Bring BACK actual stealth gameplay!! Also keep it simple, double hidden blades, sword, and darts! (enough of that invisibility bullshit!!!)
    [*]Bring BACK the mysterious sect of the Assassin's Order!!!
    [*]I RATHER watch an cutscene, then do another follow the person talking mission!!!! Just play an damn cutscene!
    [*]BRING BACK THE ANIMUS BED CHAMBER!!!! Enough of that PC Monitor Animus bullshit!
    [*]Lastly, RELEASE AN FULLY POLISHED GAME!!! Even if you have to let an year or two go by without an release!!!! (Enough of this yearly assembly-line rushed release broken product bullshit!!!)
EKuqoqWl.jpg

PS...I'm happy the original OP pic is restored. There is nothing wrong with having fun Gaf!

I'm glad is reviewing well! I was planning on getting it before I read the reviews, because it just looked like a fairly decent game. It's good to know that my hunch was correct.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Funny how sometimes a game you think you will hate ends up looking like a game you will really enjoy.

Seriously. I had 0 hype for this, and yesterday was talking with a friend in my living room about how shitty this game probably would be...

GavinUK86

Really not a fan of taking the piss with OT's. It's tacky and immature. Using last year's issues to negatively impact this years should be a big no. It sets a precedent for the comments.

Anyway, game looks and sounds great. Decent enough reviews for me. I'm waiting for the PC version, that should be interesting.

I missed what happened earlier, did evilore remove the glitch banner but then put it back?

gossi

Gavin, I think another mod removed it, then evil said put it back.

It's a weird situation where people were basically primed to effectively bully this game - it's not the cool kid, everybody piles on - but then there's a problem; it's great.

SpotAnime

So all that about the PS4 version hitting 1080p was bunk, huh?

900p parity on both consoles. Good. Looking forward to the inevitable DF comparison, but more importantly how the PC port measures up.

Please, please PC port be good... my R9 390 needs it...

900p parity on both consoles. Good. Looking forward to the inevitable DF comparison, but more importantly how the PC port measures up.

PS4 is 900 again? Is that confirmed?

So does the gold edition come with a disc? OT says it does not but Best Buy says that it does.

Also would preordering the base game in store give me the $10? I was going to order it today but they took it down online. Hah.

RedAssedApe

Banned
My Best Buy order says ready to pick up! I guess I'll be playing it tonight.

Noticed that, but also still says release date is 10/23, any confirmation they are releasing this early?

That is how their e-mails for pre-orders always look. They always send you an e-mail the day before with "your order is ready for pickup" in the subject line

But they won't let you pickup the game until the date referenced in the actual body of the message if they haven't been authorized to break the street date. :(

Tycho_b

I don't know why companies create those new engines. To me they're not bringing anything.

They may make game look a bit prettier, but ruin the performance most of the time.
I would understand if it made them more money, but looking at team sizes, money spent on fixing the games like Unity - I simply don't get it....

This is in reaction to Black Flag vs newer titles, BF was looking good enough and performing flawlessly on PS4

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Preordered. But no pre-load? Noooo.

?? on what platform? I pre-loaded on PS4 and I thought I saw XBONE owners say it pre-loaded.

If you already bought it from PSN and didn't already download it, go to Library->AssCreedSynd and click on it and it should start downloading it (how you can download any digital game you bought)

Maybe it's just the way the gameplay videos I've seen are cut together, but does the soundtrack seem a bit... grating to anyone else? It's weird, I love this composer's stuff generally.

Top Bottom