• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity Gameplay E3 2014

Bluecondor

just going back to the basic idea of scouting out a target and assassinating them is realy appealing to me at this point, i hope they deliver

I agree. And - I hope that you have the option to play as up to 4 characters at once in single player (and switch between them). That will make assassinations really enjoyable to set up....

I was watching that and all I could think of was that thread and realizing that the Ubisoft pipeline really does turn out that Ubisoft Gameplay nonstop. I mean it looked like every previous AC game but with online Coop.

TimFL

Wait... was that campaign Co-Op or some random Co-Op gamemode? Didn't pay that much attention because yet another AC.

If it's campaign Co-Op I'll definitely consider picking it up in the future.

Myriadis

hahaha yeah uh the head thing is accurate

It wasn't exactly like that, but yes, there were certainly heads on pikes. The French Revolution was many things, but bloodless was not one of them.

I didn't have any audio watching this at work, but I'm pretty sure this is what those events were attempting to depict: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storming_of_the_Bastille

Oh ok, guess they didn't want us kids to know about it back then ;)

jett

D-Member
It didn't look too bad, but I'll only be truly interested if they make the combat be like AC1: where you need actual timing to combo and and the window to counter isn't braindead easy. Fuck, this franchise never needed on-screen indicators to tell you when to counter. :| People said AC4 was much better than AC3 but it's the same frigging thing where no skill whatsoever is required to play.

TheMan

good graphics, and co-op looks cool. otherwise, it looks ilke the exact same game i've already played numerous times.

Fractal

Banned
Aside from some of the new climbing animations, can't say I've seen anything too interesting. Doubt we'll get a worthy successor to Black Flag... but there's still Ubisoft conference to see, maybe they show something better.

cackhyena

It didn't look too bad, but I'll only be truly interested if they make the combat be like AC1: where you need actual timing to combo and and the window to counter isn't braindead easy. Fuck, this franchise never needed on-screen indicators to tell you when to counter. :|

I'd like some real stealth thrown in.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I yawned. The same old tired gameplay in a different suit (that doesn't even feel that different because of the decision to hire British and American voice actors).

Plus, why the fuck would I want to help a mob that goes about decapitating unarmed men and women? Any appeal this game might have had has gone out the window after seeing this trailer.

Hamlet

Graphic look really nice and the co op looks fun
But doesn't look like it changing anything too much from the previous assassin games

dcx4610

Looks good. Wish they would tone down the climbing though. It's getting as bad as Uncharted where you can just run up a building or jump around like a monkey.

Climbing should be a challenge and you should have to choose your path like AC1 and 2. That was fun.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well that was Nextgen, looks fantastic
Take it MS has exclusive content or something?

djzuub.gif

Lakitu

st5fu
Looks like the Assassin's Creed I've wanted since 2 (minus the co-op). Assassinations are back, hot damn.

leadbelly

Banned
If it is forced Coop-Only in any way I will cry

Well, basically what I meant. Not so much forced coop, but a game that is designed very much to be played coop.

Assassin's Creed is a large story-driven game. Does it really need coop? Will it just get in the way of the main campaign?

I think it will be okay if it isn't part of the main campaign though.

I think what annoys me the most though is that it seems to be an ever increasing trend. Everything needs to be multiplayer, everything needs to have coop. And to be honest, it doesn't always make for a better game. I don't think it made Resident Evil 6 a better game, or Dead Space 3. Of course those are two franchises that were based on survival horror, so it definitely lost something as a result. The point is though, not all games benefit from it.

Raptor

The coop and how everything looks is fucking great IMO.

Looks familiar but new still fro a new gen, dont know if Im explain myself here.

Loved it.

Top Bottom