• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASUS ROG ALLY | OT + Review Thread | Steam Deck but ROGher

Gamezone

Gold Member
So clearly there's a demand for it, they just didn't build quite what people wanted. Wonder what everyone's main reason was - I think it might just be it can never compare to a Switch in the sense there's no integrated store and central user experience, people probably were expecting something much less Windows / work like and hoping for something more like the Deck's UI.

Reasons:

- It's running Windows 11. It's just a bad user experience overall, with lots of updates and buggy Armory Crate. SteamOS is much more user friendly in my opinion.

- Battery life sucks, even on low TDP.

- Performance on low TDP also sucks compared to the Switch and the Steam Deck.

- It's ruins people's SD cards for some unknown reason.

Last edited:
Now that the honeymoon is over with the Ally, I must say I'm still very happy with it, but it's mostly because I have it hooked up with the XG Mobile. As a stationary "console", or device, it's very good. I use for it emulation and Xbox/PC stuff that doesn't come to the other platforms, so in that sense I get a lot of mileage out of it.

As a handheld though, I don't think I would've been as happy. Don't get me wrong, it's still great for what it do, playing high end AAA games on the go, but I think the portable aspect of the Ally is far inferior to the Switch, which I play almost solely in handheld mode. The Switch just runs around the Ally in circles when it comes to form factor, battery life and concept design, and for me, Ally just feels uncomfortable and lacking.

I'm also disappointed in how bad the Ally works when switching on and off with the XG Mobile, which is the main reason why I have it connected to the tv nearly all the time. I figured it wasn't gonna be a seamless experience like with the Switch, but it's far too glitchy and cumbersome for me to deal with on a daily basis, it's annoying and ruins my mood. It feels like a tacked on solution that Asus threw into the mix in the late stages of Ally without giving it much thought. In theory, it's a great concept and everything I would want from a hybrid gaming setup, but in reality I just have to accept it just doesn't work that great.

But when the Ally and XG Mobile works in tandem it is a great experience and it plays almost all games with little to no effort, making for a smooth ride. I very much love the open PC landscape, emulation and storefronts such as GoG and Steam. They really elevate gaming for me in a way consoles never could. But I might been a little too quick to dismiss consoles, because it feels good to have them around due to their reliance and ease of use.

With PC added to the PS and Switch combination, I now cover all bases going forward, embracing both the future and the past, and for me that is the greatest feeling I could possibly have.
Question, because I'm looking into buying an XG Mobile - can you just plug it in and restart the Ally to have it sync up with the XG Mobile?

That doesn't seem like too much of a hassle for me to do.

Mr Hyde

Question, because I'm looking into buying an XG Mobile - can you just plug it in and restart the Ally to have it sync up with the XG Mobile?

That doesn't seem like too much of a hassle for me to do.

When you plug in the XG Mobile you get a prompt that the device is recognized, and then you push a button in Armory Crate to activate/ deactivate it. So the process is fairly straightforward, however the issues I've had have been the Ally not recognizing the XG, issues activating it and deactivating it, forcing me to reboot the Ally just so I can unplug it and try again. It's also common for XG Mobile to not recognize my external hdd I use for movies and music, forcing me to plug in and out the device just so it can be recognized. It's also buggy when choosing duplicate screens in Windows settings, which is very annoying. Now I just use dual screens and it's been working as intended.

So consensus is, my XG Mobile certainly doesn't like being unplugged or plugged in several times a day. If I play portable, I do it over several days, just because how glitchy it can be to hook it back up. The same goes for when the Ally is connected to the tv. Which means I now have it hooked up 90% of my time while the Switch is acting as my main handheld gaming device. I haven't had any issues since about two weeks ago when I finally said fuck it and let Asus and XG Mobile not be separated from each other. Maybe they have some relationship problem or anxiety issues when they are away from each other, I don't know 😃 Asus has provided several firmware updates to drivers and whatnot, but I still think it doesn't work as flawlessly as I want.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Because overheating and/or people expecting a console?

At the same settings, resolution and frame rate?

Yes, it performs badly compared to the Steam Deck. 10W on Steam Deck gives me 30 FPS in Cyberpunk at 720p. The ROG Ally will give me half of that on the same resolution. This was also pointed out by Digital Foundry in their test. You have to give it 15W or more to outperform the Deck.

I don't think the SD cards are broken by heat, as some people are cards broken on 10W silent mode as well.

Last edited:

TwinB242

Shit hardware & software, All well n good putting powerful hardware into a compact space but if done just to try and one up another product for the sake of saying you got the more powerful device and then not putting the money into dev time to make sure the user experience isn't total dog shit then you asking for trouble.

You can easily install any launcher or game out there right out of the box, then everytime you boot the device it takes 30 seconds to log in and launch anything from armory crate (without even having to touch the windows GUI). I don't understand why everyone keeps acting like using this device is akin to solving quantum physics problems.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
Does it hurt the battery or device if I have it plugged in to the wall most of the time?

It definitely kills laptops if you leave them plugged in for years at 100%, you'll find the batteries useless when you take them out. There should be at least a setting to limit it to 60-80% max charge while plugged in, if you do that it should help a lot.

FingerBang

Does it hurt the battery or device if I have it plugged in to the wall most of the time?
If I recall correctly there is an option to protect the battery that prevents the battery to keep charging to 100%. You might want to enable that and it should be mostly fine (though deterioration is unavoidable)

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Biggest issue with Ally is Windows. It's just doesn't work amazingly well in the small form factor and Asus software doesn't really make up for that enough.

Second biggest issue is battery life, that 40wh battery is just too small. They should have gone for at least 50, as extra 25% battery life would do quite a lot for the device.

And third finally is people had unrealistic expectation on performance, IMO. Asus marketing didn't help there either (AAA games at 1080p, 120hz screen, etc).

Interfectum

Biggest issue with Ally is Windows. It's just doesn't work amazingly well in the small form factor and Asus software doesn't really make up for that enough.

Second biggest issue is battery life, that 40wh battery is just too small. They should have gone for at least 50, as extra 25% battery life would do quite a lot for the device.

And third finally is people had unrealistic expectation on performance, IMO. Asus marketing didn't help there either (AAA games at 1080p, 120hz screen, etc).
It's all about the details and some people massively discounted what SteamOS3 brings to the table. You may be able to enjoy all the options for games with native windows installed but that comes with a major QOL loss. Steam Deck all day every day over this thing, IMO.

Last edited:

Tams

To be honest I would be wary of AYA, especially over Asus ROG... AYA is a tiny company that keeps launching 3 or 4 new models every year so I find it difficult to believe they'll have the scale to provide decent support, especially on the software side.

Just this week they made two surprise announcements: their first Android handheld and the AYA NEO KUN with a 8.4" screen, dual touchpads, and larger battery:

(Image source: AYA NEO)

At least for all the experience they're getting from launching so many hardware iterations, it looks like down the road they might get the hardware right. But I wouldn't count on them being big on software support for so many models.

On the other hand, if Microsoft releases a special version of Windows 11 for handhelds and provides their own support to them, this would be a much smaller issue.

I'm also thinking on getting XReal glasses down the road. They seem to be the best solution to these devices' tiny 7" screens. I wish I could try them out before spending those ~400€.

It is concerning that AYA seem to throw out a new model in reaction to this small market.

However, they are China based which does give them access to cheaper components and disaster turnaround times.

They also probably share many components between models.

They do also offer components for people to upgrade their devices, which is nice, and also lowers RMA costs (for instance GPD's can get very expensive).

You do need to know what you are getting into if you buy from them though. You'll get a working product, but whether it will be 100% working and if anything that isn't working will get fixed... is up in the air.

And, you know, the whole supporting a PRC-based company.

Tams

Shit hardware & software, All well n good putting powerful hardware into a compact space but if done just to try and one up another product for the sake of saying you got the more powerful device and then not putting the money into dev time to make sure the user experience isn't total dog shit then you asking for trouble.

It's all about the details and some people massively discounted what SteamOS3 brings to the table. You may be able to enjoy all the options for games with native windows installed but that comes with a major QOL loss. Steam Deck all day every day over this thing, IMO.

What is it with Steam Deck users and coming into a thread about another product and disparaging it? Is the Valve cult that strong?

Half of what you lot are saying is not true, the other half is subjective or conditional.

Tams

Now that the honeymoon is over with the Ally, I must say I'm still very happy with it, but it's mostly because I have it hooked up with the XG Mobile. As a stationary "console", or device, it's very good. I use for it emulation and Xbox/PC stuff that doesn't come to the other platforms, so in that sense I get a lot of mileage out of it.

As a handheld though, I don't think I would've been as happy. Don't get me wrong, it's still great for what it do, playing high end AAA games on the go, but I think the portable aspect of the Ally is far inferior to the Switch, which I play almost solely in handheld mode. The Switch just runs around the Ally in circles when it comes to form factor, battery life and concept design, and for me, Ally just feels uncomfortable and lacking.

I'm also disappointed in how bad the Ally works when switching on and off with the XG Mobile, which is the main reason why I have it connected to the tv nearly all the time. I figured it wasn't gonna be a seamless experience like with the Switch, but it's far too glitchy and cumbersome for me to deal with on a daily basis, it's annoying and ruins my mood. It feels like a tacked on solution that Asus threw into the mix in the late stages of Ally without giving it much thought. In theory, it's a great concept and everything I would want from a hybrid gaming setup, but in reality I just have to accept it just doesn't work that great.

But when the Ally and XG Mobile works in tandem it is a great experience and it plays almost all games with little to no effort, making for a smooth ride. I very much love the open PC landscape, emulation and storefronts such as GoG and Steam. They really elevate gaming for me in a way consoles never could. But I might been a little too quick to dismiss consoles, because it feels good to have them around due to their reliance and ease of use.

With PC added to the PS and Switch combination, I now cover all bases going forward, embracing both the future and the past, and for me that is the greatest feeling I could possibly have.

The problem with the XG link (and OCuLink, and USB 4/Thunderbolt - though the latter have even more issues), is that you are essential using another computer just with some of the same components, so things need to be restarted.

The Switch in dock mode is just an overclock taking advantage of the better cooling. But then, you don't get drastic increases in performance, as it's the same computer at the end of the day.

Mr Hyde

The problem with the XG link (and OCuLink, and USB 4/Thunderbolt - though the latter have even more issues), is that you are essential using another computer just with some of the same components, so things need to be restarted.

The Switch in dock mode is just an overclock taking advantage of the better cooling. But then, you don't get drastic increases in performance, as it's the same computer at the end of the day.

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it. I don't know much about PC and computers so it's always nice to get some clarification to certain issues you're experiencing.

Mr Hyde

You can access Asus homepage from the Windows start button and set the battery to 80%. I also have mine plugged in almost all the time so it's a great option to keep your battery fresh.

StereoVsn

What is it with Steam Deck users and coming into a thread about another product and disparaging it? Is the Valve cult that strong?

Half of what you lot are saying is not true, the other half is subjective or conditional.
? I have both and use both. Battery life, Windows experience and excessive expectations from Ally impacting user returns are true and nothing to do with Steam Deck.

That said, yes, Steak Deck battery life is generally better at lower TDP. Performance is also better on it vs Ally at under 10w from what I have seen so far. Ally did improve performance at 9w to 13w though.

Pulled the trigger on an XG Mobile 3080 this morning after Asus restocked on their site. I got a notification that they had the 6850 as well but after watching a couple YouTube videos I went with the 3080.

The 3080 XG Mobile seems to have less jank at the moment and has ray tracing and DLSS. Wish me luck.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Pulled the trigger on an XG Mobile 3080 this morning after Asus restocked on their site. I got a notification that they had the 6850 as well but after watching a couple YouTube videos I went with the 3080.

The 3080 XG Mobile seems to have less jank at the moment and has ray tracing and DLSS. Wish me luck.

I just wish it had HDMI 2.1...I guess it doesnt support VRR on an LG Oled?

If it does I might get one too

Nvzman

Tbh, I think the Ally being better than the Steam Deck completely depends on how much you plan on docking it.
Like, for example, if you really wanted to get into PC gaming and wanted to use one of these as a desktop as well as portable, imo the Ally is vastly superior, at 25w it absolutely demolishes the Deck in performance and having Windows 11 means everything just works.
However, its true though that when portable, the Deck is just a much more pleasant experience. Better battery life, more controller-friendly OS, it is a much better handheld experience for sure. Docked though imo the Ally is much better. The Deck doesn't really have any juice in it for any more than 720p/800p. Meanwhile on Ally you can easily play stuff like CoD and Fortnite at 1080/60fps.

TVexperto

To be honest I would be wary of AYA, especially over Asus ROG... AYA is a tiny company that keeps launching 3 or 4 new models every year so I find it difficult to believe they'll have the scale to provide decent support, especially on the software side.

Just this week they made two surprise announcements: their first Android handheld and the AYA NEO KUN with a 8.4" screen, dual touchpads, and larger battery:

(Image source: AYA NEO)

At least for all the experience they're getting from launching so many hardware iterations, it looks like down the road they might get the hardware right. But I wouldn't count on them being big on software support for so many models.

On the other hand, if Microsoft releases a special version of Windows 11 for handhelds and provides their own support to them, this would be a much smaller issue.

I'm also thinking on getting XReal glasses down the road. They seem to be the best solution to these devices' tiny 7" screens. I wish I could try them out before spending those ~400€.
I agree..how can they afford pumping out all these models..its difficult to compare them at this point...also they are mor expensive than rog ally and its a new company... many red flags

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Whelp.. my honeymoon period with the Ally ended drastically in the second day of a 9 day vacation abroad, when the thing simply stopped charging. I only noticed something was wrong when I got a notification of <10% battery life despite me playing with the device plugged in.
In the meantime I switched it off and it won't charge no matter what (with 3rd party chargers, bundled charger, powerbank, etc.). Battery went to zero and now it's completely dead.
The only solution now is to return and get a new one.

Thankfully my wife brought her (so far reliable) Steam Deck so all I had to do was change profiles and download a couple of games on my account.

So clearly there's a demand for it, they just didn't build quite what people wanted. Wonder what everyone's main reason was - I think it might just be it can never compare to a Switch in the sense there's no integrated store and central user experience, people probably were expecting something much less Windows / work like and hoping for something more like the Deck's UI.

What I don't get is their fixation with the 600g weight.. and pointing to that as the reason for not having a larger battery.

Why though? Are there hordes of people complaining about the Deck being too heavy? I'd much rather have an 800g handheld with with a >60W.h battery than a lighter handheld that struggles to pass 1h of battery life.

Also, them saving on the LPDDR5 6400 over LPDDR5X 7500 as well as getting a maximum 16GB is a bit questionable. I wish there was the option to just pay a bit more for the faster RAM, as well as more of it.
I believe far more people would have been interested in a 32GB 7500MT/s version at 900€ than whatever many people will be willing to pay 650€ for the Z1 with a gimped GPU.

Back in early 2017 there were some leaks from very reliable insiders pointing to a GTX1060-level docked GPU version being in the works, which was obviously cancelled.
Failing to get the software to switch seamlessly between GPUs might have been one of the reasons for cancelling that advanced version.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

It seems that the ROG Ally has sold around 455.000 copies. I don't know, but it seems like pretty impressive numbers given that it has only been out for 2 months. And it also carries a premium price in a questionable economy, so congratulations to Asus for this success.

I've been playing quite much on the Ally on my vacation. It was the first time I really dug into the handheld aspect of it. The Ally is neat in a lot of way, and since I mostly played old games and indie, the battery life didn't pose as much trouble as I thought it would. What I love most about it, is the flexible nature of the device, where I can jump from Steam to GoG, to Game Pass and then over to some light emulation. It's something I've never experienced before so you could say, it's a revolutionary device 🤪 but in all honesty, despite all the issues with the Ally, the positives far outweigh the negatives, and hopefully I can play on the Ally for many years to come.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Thinking of jumping in but keep hearing issues of the dead zones on the analog sticks. Is it a massive issue that can be fixed or is it a minor issue experienced by a small number of people? Issues like this will stop me from purchasing the Ally...

Minsc

Gold Member
Thinking of jumping in but keep hearing issues of the dead zones on the analog sticks. Is it a massive issue that can be fixed or is it a minor issue experienced by a small number of people? Issues like this will stop me from purchasing the Ally...

Did you see this:

They seem to be saying the device will be held back by never getting official drivers in the long run.

The dead zone thing doesn't seem to be a real issue. The only time I noticed a dead zone was when using them in mouse mode. I tried halo for a bit and there didn't seem to be any dead zone. I think the issue was overblown but I'm no expert on this.

StereoVsn

Did you see this:

They seem to be saying the device will be held back by never getting official drivers in the long run.

Well, that's a downer. Guess I can consider selling it and the deck, and picking up Ayaneo or GPD device to try out this fall.

MacReady13

Did you see this:

What exactly does this mean for the short term/long term future exactly for the Ally? I'm completely lost as to what this means for the handheld unit...

Minsc

Gold Member
What exactly does this mean for the short term/long term future exactly for the Ally? I'm completely lost as to what this means for the handheld unit...

Basically if ASUS stops supporting it, when AMD / nVidia keep releasing new drivers for better performance and compatibility in newer games, this won't be part of those drivers. It's upto solely ASUS to put out drivers. And it's certain they won't do that as long as AMD would have.

Edit: I guess saying "stop supporting it" is a bit extreme, a more likely scenario is AMD releases drivers that fix issue with X game within days, but ASUS doesn't update their drivers for 9 months.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Basically if ASUS stops supporting it, when AMD / nVidia keep releasing new drivers for better performance and compatibility in newer games, this won't be part of those drivers. It's upto solely ASUS to put out drivers. And it's certain they won't do that as long as AMD would have.

Edit: I guess saying "stop supporting it" is a bit extreme, a more likely scenario is AMD releases drivers that fix issue with X game within days, but ASUS doesn't update their drivers for 9 months.
Yeah I was just reading up google on this shit. I guess that a hard NO from me on the Ally I suppose. Shame as it looked like it could be the handheld to go for but alas, I wait...

Klosshufvud

Been hearing some negative stuff for ROG Ally lately. MicroSDs getting fried, and then Asus trying to remedy this by cranking up the fans extremely. Despite the quiet fans being used as selling point. And now the latest with Z1 chip being a modified 7840u so AMD drivers aren't supported for the Ally.

So owners of the Ally, how do you feel about the handheld today compared to day 1?

Mr Hyde

Been hearing some negative stuff for ROG Ally lately. MicroSDs getting fried, and then Asus trying to remedy this by cranking up the fans extremely. Despite the quiet fans being used as selling point. And now the latest with Z1 chip being a modified 7840u so AMD drivers aren't supported for the Ally.

So owners of the Ally, how do you feel about the handheld today compared to day 1?

I'm perfectly happy with mine. No issues with fried SD card (I TB put in) and the fans I don't think are spinning more than usual. It has issues, but mine is mostly with battery life, and not with whatever horror report customers apparently have with it. I do use mine in mostly in desktop mode so people who play it exclusivly in handheld might have a different opinion. I think it works great with Windows, plays all games I've bought so far with no issues and the emulation is very solid. Personally, for me, ROG Ally is a great device, albeit with a few shortcomings that are a bit annoying.

I think the PC handheld market is very exciting right now and in the future I'll probably get a pure dedicated handheld, like that AOKZOE A1 pro you posted, with beefier specs, more internal storage and memory, with good battery life. Battery life is key I think with handhelds, and Asus is coming up short. I thought the Ally could squeeze out more by turning down settings but it doesn't perform well in low wattage as I'd imagined. It's a bummer but other than that, I think it's great for what it does for me. Simple and powerful PC gaming, in a very compact format.

Superbean

Neo Member
The dead zone thing doesn't seem to be a real issue. The only time I noticed a dead zone was when using them in mouse mode. I tried halo for a bit and there didn't seem to be any dead zone. I think the issue was overblown but I'm no expert on this.
You would be correct. Steam deck dead zone is literally the same in "problem" games. Same for series x controller. There's no dead zone issue, just people nitpicking and seeing things they aren't there. And deckbros. The rog ally sub is currently under attack with people posting fake issues, it's really funny and also very sad that somebody is that butthurt over it existing (and being superior to their precious)

Mr Hyde

Been in contact with Asus customer support for the XG Mobile. It's not working as advertised. It's buggy and unreliable and I'm scared it's gonna fuck up my Ally. It doesn't activate nor deactivating properly. Sometimes it freezes up and I have to reboot the Ally just so it can "understand" that the device is hooked up. It's like Asus hasn't even properly tested it. Or there is something wrong with this unit. I'm keeping my Ally in handheld mode right now until I either get a new one or my money back. I'm so disappointed with this. I payed almost 1000 dollars for this, you'd expect things to work like a charm paying premium price like that. I feel cheated and robbed.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Been in contact with Asus customer support for the XG Mobile. It's not working as advertised. It's buggy and unreliable and I'm scared it's gonna fuck up my Ally. It doesn't activate nor deactivating properly. Sometimes it freezes up and I have to reboot the Ally just so it can "understand" that the device is hooked up. It's like Asus hasn't even properly tested it. Or there is something wrong with this unit. I'm keeping my Ally in handheld mode right now until I either get a new one or my money back. I'm so disappointed with this. I payed almost 1000 dollars for this, you'd expect things to work like a charm paying premium price like that. I feel cheated and robbed.
I almost spent 2k canadian on a 3080 + flow laptop over the weekend but decided against after seeing how buggy/weird the dock can get.

Hope your issue gets resolved soon!

Mr Hyde

I almost spent 2k canadian on a 3080 + flow laptop over the weekend but decided against after seeing how buggy/weird the dock can get.

Hope your issue gets resolved soon!

Thanks! I think you made a good choice. I would never think the dock could be this buggy. It's such a good concept with a lot of things going for it, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. It feels half baked. If I can return the XG Mobile and get my money back I'm getting the Asus charger dock with a Sabrent USB hub instead, will be more reliable and more plug and play than the egpu. I'm gonna lose some graphical horse power but I don't care. I just want things to work.

Mr Hyde

Played around with remote play on my PS5 with Chiaki. Remote play was among the first things I thought of when purchasing the Ally. To stream all games to a handheld would be so cool. But to my disappointment Sonys official app didn't work with the Ally, it didn't recognize the controller. But with Chiaki, an unofficial app for PS streaming, it does. But when I tried this the first time I got awful performance and subsequently just deleted it from the hard drive. But now I've tried it again, this time with a useful setup guide that shows some settings that makes the experience so much better. And today, I've been playing Dead Space from my Ally, in 1080p with no stuttering or input lag. It worked so good, I almost thought it ran natively on the Ally. It's so cool to finally be able to stream properly from the PS5. Just lay down in the couch with some awesome handheld gaming. You can even add the Chiaki exe in the Armory Crate so you don't have to go into the files everytime you wanna boot up. ROG Ally is just too good. Quickly becoming one of my favorite gaming devices ever.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

ptAKQUB.jpg

Ally running Dead Space. Gonna try out a couple of other games later on, such as AC Valhalla and Demon's Souls, and see how those fare. Another great thing is that you can map the back buttons on the Ally to both the touchpad and the home button, so you can access inventory in games and exit the game to PS5 UI.

Mr Hyde

Been trying Remote Play like crazy this weekend. AC Valhalla, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 ran great. No issues whatsoever, with barely noticeable input lag, no drop in frames and a clear and sharp image. The best thing is that I can stream the games on the Ally's silent profile at 10W thus preserving battery. I played a little over 3 hours of DS3 and it was like 45% left. I think you can squeeze out 5-6 hours doing remote play with this bad boy. Gonna do more extensive testing further on, especially regarding range. If this works just as good while I'm in another city, or even another country, I will flip out because that would effectively grant me a PS5 handheld console 😃

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Holy shit, I just discovered you can wake the PS5 up with Chiaki. Previously I've just turned on the PS5 and then connect it from there. Game changing. Whoever coded Chiaki, needs to get the Nobel Prize 🏆 for his/her contribution to mankind.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Well I decided to sell my Ally…I’m just not an handheld guys and the fact that I cannot manage to play the latest AAA at acceptable setting and framerate is a big turn off for me. Still a great device just not for me.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Any update on the SD card issue? I've not dare put a card in mine but I suppose I should while it's under warranty.

Would be good to know if they've redesigned it to stop it from happening.

Mr Hyde

Any update on the SD card issue? I've not dare put a card in mine but I suppose I should while it's under warranty.

Would be good to know if they've redesigned it to stop it from happening.

I know Asus put out a new update to make the fans work harder but I haven't heard if it solved any issues. I haven't had any issues at all with my SD card (1tb inside) so I haven't really paid any attention to it. I've been gaming 24/7 with this thing, and sometimes under really heavy load, and my card is still functional. Knock on wood 🪵

Top Bottom