• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asus takes aim at Surface Pro with its new Transformer 3 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, i will never buy something with a kickstand, just way to flimsy and not nearly as good as a proper adjustable notebook.

I haven't had any problem with the kickstands of the Surfaces I have. I've even sat on my Surface 3 more than a handful of times, bending the stand and snapping it shut in the wrong direction. Still works.

Future

that Type-C charger ruins it

the Surface's magnetic charger is a #gamechanger

but that 12.6" screen is godlike, makes the surface pro 4 feel like a little baby tablet

not sure if serious. The surface chargers were made poorly and become hazards on both ends of the device.

Plus type c cables are becoming more common, making it more likely you can charge the device without getting proprietary shit.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm a bit annoyed that they literally copied the SP so closely. Didn't even try to pretend they weren't.

Still, the competition is good. Looks pretty sweet.

reKon

Banned
I'm a bit annoyed that they literally copied the SP so closely. Didn't even try to pretend they weren't.

Still, the competition is good. Looks pretty sweet.

Microsoft expected companies to do this and go above and beyond, which seems to be the case here.

shira

I would still rather have a $250 Chuwi 12.
Surface 3 screen with a Cherry Trail processor.
It runs Dota and plays 4k video.

I'd rather my portable be cheap and disposable I don't want to baby a $500-1000 tablet.

I need to actually touch it. Going by the transformers history, they were never really that great tbh. Maybe the t100 when the original surface 2( not the pro) was out. It was a good value and you had more storage.

So I would want to see how it feels and how it performs.

AP90

Looks good. I'm happy with my Pro 4. I'll only move on to Surface Book from here.

This.

But I am glad MS finally was able to light a fire under OEMs to make better products. As I am very satisfied with my Microsoft products (Pro 4 and my 950XL) I will most likely stay with the surface line unless an OEM truly steps up to the plate.

Either way this is good for the consumer as a whole!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I need to actually touch it. Going by the transformers history, they were never really that great tbh. Maybe the t100 when the original surface 2( not the pro) was out. It was a good value and you had more storage.

So I would want to see how it feels and how it performs.

That's my main concern with Asus. I really like the Zenbook line, but all Transformers I've come across have been kind of chintzy.

reKon

Banned
I would still rather have a $250 Chuwi 12.
Surface 3 screen with a Cherry Trail processor.
It runs Dota and plays 4k video.

I'd rather my portable be cheap and disposable I don't want to baby a $500-1000 tablet.

Ewwww

The one on the surface 3 is the bare minimum that I would go with. I'm really hoping that the Acer Alpha Switch 12 ends up being solid at 599. Need to have that competition to encourage sales and push down the prices

If the $999 is Core i5 + 8 GB RAM, then this is a for sure purchase for me. I hope the pen is good, though. The Type-C charging is really nice, and I hope the GPU dock isn't too horrifyingly expensive.

Is it?
I'm trying to look up the specs for that, was hoping for Wacom.

It's certainly not Wacom EMR. The chassis for the Kaby Lake version is too thin. Wacom AES is currently 2048 levels of pressure, not 1024 so it's not Wacom AES either.

Also the pen tip shape is a dead give away. No Wacom pen's tip is shaped like a cone. It's either N-Trig or Synaptic. More likely Synaptic since most N-Trig pens have moved on to removable tip like Wacom.

Another point is that Asus has been using Synaptics lately so they are keeping with them.

Fusebox

Banned
I've got a pile of dead Zenbooks here, mostly UX31s and UX303s - a failed attempt at moving our exec laptop fleet to Asus. I've never seen so many laptops die in such a short amount of time in my entire life in enterprise. Love the look of the T3 Pro but I have no faith in their build quality.

Vga is blurry as fuck compared to dvi?

Nope. On 1080p monitors you can't even tell which is which, digital only comes into play at higher res and refresh rates, the average office user wil never notice a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom