• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ryza sales top 150,000 in first week in Japan

MayauMiao

I'm glad the game is performing well. Last game i played was Atelier Ayesha and that was pretty fun actually. I pre ordered the limited edition of Atelier Ryza a while ago. I would say the main character design is what making the game sell so well. I have seen a lot of fanart of Ryza being created which certainly has helped promote the game. Even some artist have been mimicking the Atelier art direction on some of their work. Such as this one.

__klaudia_valentz_and_reisalin_stout_atelier_series_and_etc_drawn_by_tamiya_akito__09b34ed4771b4fd5b14bd10abad14e30.png

Nothing against thicc thighs but I wonder if wearing stockings that tight can be an issue for blood circulation.

JohannCK

How are Atelier games?
is it mostly item crafting?
how much exploration and combat is there?
The crafting in this one is simplified a lot and there's way more emphasis on combat than usual (there's a new system which limits the use of items). Exploration is decent, with each area feeling unique enough, but there aren't that many areas and there aren't any that stand out that much in particular.

I cleared the game last week, it's pretty decent but feels very- I'm not sure how to put this- "Light", like it's intended to be someone's first Atelier game, or first RPG even. Very short even by Atelier standards, the systems are mostly simple and leave plenty of room for trial and error, and it has a really straightforward story.

Most of the buzz about it online in Japan from after release is actually about insular communities in the boondocks and people going on about how the village is totally like their own shitty hometowns. That aspect didn't actually stand out THAT much to me but then again I've always been an urbanite so maybe it just went over my head.

Seeing people elsewhere getting so pissed off about exposed thighs had me checking the year to make sure we're still in 2019 and not the 1920s.

I am glad to see that the game is doing well. I'm going to get it day one.

sublimit

Banned

This sounds so right down my alley.I was going to wait until i finish some games from my backlog but i'm really tempted to pick it up day 1...

Vawn

Banned
Not exactly dark but there needs to be a big life/death threat and power fantasy with cute waifus to be fully immersed.

I disagree. I have a much harder time believing my small group of kids are going to save the entire world. It's so played out in JRPGs that it's become boring.

Animagic

Banned
I ended up abandoning this and Dragon Quest XIs. Both games bored the hell out of me.

I should say this was my first Atelier game, and also my last, so I didn’t know what to expect really.

Top Bottom