• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book Limited Edition Announcement

SephLuis

I am considering buying this, but I wonder if the 2 Discs are the full OST.

Nights of Azure came with the entire OST and I am hoping this is the same case.

Hopefully stock can last till my paycheck since NISA takes out the money and holds it for a few days....

Sad about no physical vita ver. but at least it's digital for those who want it on the console. Just gotta wait for that Shallie plus now~

SarusGray

Hopefully stock can last till my paycheck since NISA takes out the money and holds it for a few days....

Sad about no physical vita ver. but at least it's digital for those who want it on the console. Just gotta wait for that Shallie plus now~

I'd definitely tweet them and ask, Koei responds lightning quick now to fan questions. Love them! (Both EU and NA)

I can look into this for you as i'm not sure of the details. However because its already the weekend in Japan i'll try and get back to you next week.

SarusGray

My bros ;)

Here's hoping they'll add it as an optional mode for the sequels.

ASP_AyeshaBonus.png

Ayesha 4ever

Torgo

Just an FYI, I'll be streaming the first two chapters of the PS4 version tonight starting at 8pm Central on our Twitch channel. Replay will be uploaded to our Youtube channel.

I'm not a JRPG guy at all, so I've asked one of our JRPG writers, Andy (and he'll be handling the review too), to join me on the text chat as well.

So apparently, Best Buy is offering a special edition at 59.99/47.99 GCU

In the synopsis is says:

"Follow the adventures of Sophie as she seeks to free a mysterious spirit in Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book Special Edition. A 48-page hardcover art book gives you an in-depth look at the town of Kirchen Bell, and a two-disc soundtrack provides inspiration as you play Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book Special Edition."

So, almost 50 dollars cheaper than the NISA LE (with GCU), and the BB version contains the two-disc soundtrack and 48 page hard cover artbook?

Can't say the other little extras in the LE makes me want to spend 50 more.

SarusGray

So apparently, Best Buy is offering a special edition at 59.99/47.99 GCU

In the synopsis is says:

"Follow the adventures of Sophie as she seeks to free a mysterious spirit in Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book Special Edition. A 48-page hardcover art book gives you an in-depth look at the town of Kirchen Bell, and a two-disc soundtrack provides inspiration as you play Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book Special Edition."

So, almost 50 dollars cheaper than the NISA LE (with GCU), and the BB version contains the two-disc soundtrack and 48 page hard cover artbook?

Can't say the other little extras in the LE makes me want to spend 50 more.
Uhm can we get confirmation on this? It seems a bit odd. I don't want to spend 50 more for a giant poster lol. Well maybe ;) I think its a typo.

Yeah, it has to be a typo, it doesn't really make any sense. lol

They have so many pre-order bonuses spread out over various retailers it's kinda ridiculous and I can see how this could have happened.

SarusGray

What are these games like? I'm looking at this all hungry like for an RPG.

It's not a high budget JRPG and its not by any means Final Fantasy. The game is a crafting game with turn based battles that are very fun and old school. It focuses a great deal on character development rather than story like most JRPGS and has an amazing OST and a whimsical world that you might never want to leave.

No end of the world plot, just a simple main character who wants to be a better alchemist and help others.

The combat focus has grown and combat wise, it's definitely gotten better with Atelier Shallie being the highlight combat wise. Atelier Sophie does turn based like Dragon Quest with every character having to do a command and them all acting upon it after all commands have been initiated.

If you're looking for a grand adventure to embark on with tears, passion, and an end of the world plot where you must stop the big bad guy and save the world. This is not that type of game.

If you're looking for a fun whimsical JRPG that combines crafting with combat, hilarious characters and a colorful world with a unique and amazing OST that's relaxing? This would probably be a perfect pick for you.

Example of battle music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zq_QgXrgA8
Pretty upbeat right?

The Battle System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMuEPaqxqMg
Old school turn based, one of my favorite types.

Opening Bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8WDhOb5AIs

Also this game is not for you if you can't handle playing a female main character that's kind of clueless and clumsy.

Taruranto

Meh, I think I'll pass. Playing Rorona recently made me realize I'm pretty tired of the Atelier formula. Shallie was a total dud too. And the character design looks pretty bad this time around too.

Unless they severally revamp the formula and pull another Mana Khemia, I think I'm done with the series.

SarusGray

Meh, I think I'll pass. Playing Rorona recently made me realize I'm pretty tired of the Atelier formula. Shallie was a total dud too. And the character design looks pretty bad this time around too.

Unless they severally revamp the formula and pull another Mana Khemia, I think I'm done with the series.

I only want them to have a longer development time. Yearly Atelier games are amazing and all but I can't imagine what they could do if they had more time. Hopefully the newest Atelier being announced on the 24th really ups it. These games only end up getting better in my opinion.

I've been listening to the Sophie OST on youtube in bits and holy wow. Gust nails it every time with music. Super salty that the NISA LE for azure didn't have the full OST more so because you can't buy the full OST at retail anywhere and only got it in the Japan LE. At least the Atelier game OSTs are sold at retail in japan and available in online import stores.

I love the character design in Sophie, especially the eyes and facial expressions. This and the fact that it's on PS4 are the main reasons why I'm looking forward to it, as someone who hasn't played many Atelier games.

I just love her stupid happy face
SEYEjPf.png

Eusis

I kinda wanted to grab this LE, but too much crap came up since it popped up, and I admittedly didn't really want stuff like posters much anyway. Ah well, Vita would be more pragmatic

SarusGray

I kinda wanted to grab this LE, but too much crap came up since it popped up, and I admittedly didn't really want stuff like posters much anyway. Ah well, Vita would be more pragmatic
I have been itching for a current gen console atelier for the longest. I'm definitely grabbing atelier shallie + when its released here on vita though.

Eolz

Forgot about this thread, but the Gust Facebook page posted two sets of pictures from the LE recently: 1 and 2.

Cornbread78

Well, seems there's one now ;)
Surprised SarusGray didn't want to make one tbh.

Too busy with work and school ;-(. I'll help with the OT currently up in a bit when I'm not as busy. Thanks for building it!!

LOL, I've been pisking up the OT's for a lot of these smaller games lately. We definitely need more people to help make these OTs, lol!

Thank you Sarus. I made some updates today.

Top Bottom