• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Totori |OT| - Adventuring in Arland

Jucksalbe

Banned
Guess that means more time for Disgaea 4? Not necessarily a bad thing (okay, to be fair, I'd have to wait another 1.5 weeks after my copy is shipped anyway).

That's bad news to hear, which would explain the otherwise early shipping of the game. Oh well, more time to get things done in Disgaea 4.

matmanx1

I wonder if they got more orders for the game than they had anticipated? If so I guess that could be a good thing. I also wonder if that just effects NIS online store orders or if it also effects retail shipments like Gamestop as well. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Durante said:
90%? Awesome. RPGfan is one of the few review sites I respect.

Aw, that sucks.

it's awesome but some of their reviews were hit or miss lately ...some of their complain towards some of teh games i enjoy were REALLY unfounded IMO ...

They are thinking mainstream in their notes when this is a site for fan of rpgs ..

Atleast when they love a rpg it's usually the same for me ...

Takuya

Banned
matmanx1 said:
I wonder if they got more orders for the game than they had anticipated? If so I guess that could be a good thing. I also wonder if that just effects NIS online store orders or if it also effects retail shipments like Gamestop as well. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
I think they just screwed up, they knew well beforehand thatthe game wouldn't ship early (they sent an email out to people letting them change their shipping info, etc. until last Friday). Their PR isn't very open with these types of things.

Hopefully the delay isn't too long.

Noxie

Neo Member
Man, that sucks. I hope they ship out sooner than the the 30th at least. The wait is sort of killing me!

Jucksalbe said:
Hopefully "Barrel!" is dubbed this time. I was so sad that they left that text only (in the English version). Sometimes it's the little things...

This made me really sad when I saw it as well. I'm not expecting it to be dubbed this time around either but part of me is hoping to be surprised.

Rarutos

Noxie said:
This made me really sad when I saw it as well. I'm not expecting it to be dubbed this time around either but part of me is hoping to be surprised.
Someone already confirmed that it's voiced this time around on the NISA forums! Rejoice!

Noxie

Neo Member
Rarutos said:
Someone already confirmed that it's voiced this time around on the NISA forums! Rejoice!

Yes! That's awesome. It's something so small but it just doesn't feel right if it's not there.

Man, i dont know what it is about these Atelier games that i absolutely must have. I played Atelier Iris and absolutely loved it, but got distracted by other stuff and never quite finished it, but i still picked up 2 and 3, and then Mana Khemia 1 & 2, I never did pick up Rorona, but I may pick it up with Totori.

Coxy

sounds like they just got muscled out of their production spot by a bigger publisher :/ I guess I can wait a few more days but I was hoping I'd get it before the launch date like Disgaea 4 already

Sounds like TECMO KOEI America Corportation was unexpectedly over booked or something. They're likely the distributer so I'm guessing they're responsible for the hold up.

Takuya

Banned
Hello Valued Customers and Arland Adventurers,

The release for Atelier Totori is right around the corner and we are glad to have your business! Right now we'd like to fill you in on the current situation with this title.
Normally, the ship date is the day that we send the product to other retailers and also the time we aim to begin sending out the orders to our customers. Sometimes things run extra smoothly and we can send out our items ahead of the date listed on our site.

However, due to the manufacturing schedule on this title, Atelier Totori will leave the manufacturer on September 26, and arrive at our warehouse on September 29. As soon as the items are received, we will begin processing and shipping them out to customers. We apologize for the delay in shipping, but rest assured that we will keep you updated, and once your order has been shipped you will receive a shipping confirmation notice via e-mail.

We would like to thank you again for shopping with us. We appreciate your interested in our products, and hope for your continued support in the future.

Best wishes,

NISA Online Store
http://store.nisamerica.com/
storesupport@nisamerica.com
(714) 540-1185

kyubajin

Btw, has anyone played an imported version of Meruru? Critics say it's the best in the series so far and it looks impressive, almost like Eternal Sonata :D

kyubajin said:
Btw, has anyone played an imported version of Meruru? Critics say it's the best in the series so far and it looks impressive, almost like Eternal Sonata :D

Haha! I have noticed you have quite the enthusiasm for Meruru.

I know an importer on gamefaqs wrote up a review and posted it on his site around the time of its release. That was a while ago though. He had some glowing remarks for the graphics. I think he said the battle system is exactly the same as Totori though. I'll try and find it right now.

Edit: I found it:

http://translate.googleusercontent....and-3/&usg=ALkJrhjddllFXCOSRIwBGeU6dieA69WwpA

I don't know what language the review was originally typed in, but the review translation is very readable and Tomio posted it himself from gamefaqs.

Rarutos

Takuya said:
Considering buying it at Gamestop then returning the game afterwards, so long as the SKUS match up.
I'm considering the same myself...

kyubajin said:
I imported the Limited Edition! Although I refused to play it until I got to play Totori... So sadly, I can't give impressions just yet. :(

Oh my!

I'm sorry, kyubajin. I hadn't read Tomio's review in a long time. I just glimpsed over it.

"The look is also better working, leaving the game with a softer look, style, color pencils."

Heh heh..... you get the point though, right? ;p

Deeku

I've watched snippets of gameplay for Merururururu and it looks gorgeous!

Totori will have to make do for now!

Takuya

Banned
UHhh, has anybody received their calls from Gamestop/EBGames or wherever you ordered from to confirm that the game is in stock for you and/or has been shipped? Apparently this delay can affect all outlets.

Takuya said:
UHhh, has anybody received their calls from Gamestop/EBGames or wherever you ordered from to confirm that the game is in stock for you and/or has been shipped? Apparently this delay can affect all outlets.

No. NISA isn't getting the game in their warehouses till the 29th so local stores probably won't have it till.... say Wednesday at the earliest. I forgot that this isn't a blockbuster release so overnight shipping isn't happening. We'll probably still get it before the Rosen Queen shoppers though.

Rarutos

Seriously contemplating going to a GS if they get it earlier... Aaah, the wait is so unbearable! Of all the NISA games to have manufacturing problems... ;_;

kyubajin

Great, thanks Spirit Arcana and Rarutos (btw, I'm harlequ1n on backloggery). I'm very excited to play both games. My gf is always puzzled when she sees me playing Rorona after a long session of Demon's Souls. She can't understand how I can possibly like both games!

Rarutos

Yeah, it's very unfortunate since I was anticipating this game so much! I guess I should try to play something else in the meantime... Or watch some anime like Kami-sama no Memochou or Hanasaku Iroha, the character design is done by Kishida Mel anyway! So it's still somewhat related to Totori?

I actually played some Atelier Annie yesterday as well... Gathering's a bit harder because as you gather/walk through the areas, time passes. :(

Durante

I just found out that a local store has a copy... I'm tempted to buy it locally and resell the one I ordered with VGP when it arrives.

The only problem is that I'm sure I wouldn't actually resell it and just end up with both the PAL and NTSC versions of the game. Which wouldn't really be so bad I guess.

Rarutos

All of the Totori DLC is up already! And I shamelessly bought them all...

The characters are surprisingly cheaper than I expected! Pretty sure they were 500 yen each in Japan, which is quite a difference.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Didn't buy everything (had to buy RE, too), but at least I bought all of the characters and the BGM pack with the Mana Khemia songs. I'm amazed there are that much songs you can download for Totori. I'm really happy about that (and they're not all 100KB, the one pack I bought alone is a massive 311MB download). Now if only my game would be shipped. :)

Rarutos

Jucksalbe said:
Didn't buy everything (had to buy RE, too), but at least I bought all of the characters and the BGM pack with the Mana Khemia songs. I'm amazed there are that much songs you can download for Totori. I'm really happy about that (and they're not all 100KB, the one pack I bought alone is a massive 311MB download). Now if only my game would be shipped. :)
Yeah seriously. I think they're all about 300+ MBs, the Atelier pack is smaller though, probably because it just has the Atelier/Workshop music from every game up until Rorona. And that's like 1 or 2 BGMs at most.

But 30 songs per pack is quite a lot, I'm pleasantly surprised! I probably won't use them right away though, gotta appreciate this game's OST first. :)

Deeku

Damn, play-asia has pushed back the date to October (I'm assuming early Oct) for preorders.

Oh well, I don't really have time to play it at the moment anyway. Looking forward to some impressions! And maybe pics of the LE:)

Rarutos

commanderdeek said:
Oh well, I don't really have time to play it at the moment anyway. Looking forward to some impressions! And maybe pics of the LE:)
I'll definitely post some when I get mine. :)

Rarutos said:
All of the Totori DLC is up already!

That was quick.

Wow, this is sooooo cool! I didn't know about this feature before. I can see myself sitting in the shop all day and just changing music up as I synthesize. It's like I have a radio in the shop. And Mana Khemia/Iris battle themes were cool!

THIS IS SO NEAT!

I only have enough funds to download one thing so far. I think I'll go with Ceci as a playable character. I gotta get a psn card when I pick up the game!

Rarutos

Spirit Icana said:
That was quick.

Wow, this is sooooo cool! I didn't know about this feature before. I can see myself sitting in the shop all day and just changing music up as I synthesize. It's like I have a radio in the shop. And Mana Khemia/Iris battle themes were cool!

THIS IS SO NEAT!

I only have enough funds to download one thing so far. I think I'll go with Ceci as a playable character. I gotta get a psn card when I pick up the game!
Haha, always glad to see such enthusiasm about it!

And yes, I'm very happy about this BGM DLC, I loved Mana-Khemia and the Iris Trilogy's battle themes~ Also can't wait to hear some of the music from the pre-Iris games. I'm sure they're just as lovely as the ones we've experienced already~

xero273

uh what the amazon?

Don't know what is going on with Amazon, but my order is delayed

Delivery Estimate: October 19, 2011 - October 26, 2011

Hobbun

Just spoke with my local Gamestop, the game is in. Will be picking it up after work.

Really hope they did better QC with Totori than Rorona.

xero273 said:
uh what the amazon?

Don't know what is going on with Amazon, but my order is delayed

Delivery Estimate: October 19, 2011 - October 26, 2011

I think it's their default "we don't have the item yet" shipping notice. IIRC there was a statement form NISA that most retailers wouldn't be getting their copies until today, so hopefully our preorders ship today or tomorrow. :(

I got my notice last night that Totori would be in today, so i'll let you guys know if it actually arrives. I wasnt thinking and only got the regular version, so hopefully they get extra copies of the other one and i can just upgrade.

Top Bottom