• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus to announce 2017 Japan slate this Sunday

marmoka

Banned
So Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner and so on, never were SMT games in Japan? I thought that only happened with Persona after P3.

At least we all agree that they are spin-offs, haha

I wonder if they'll have anything for Vita. Atlus have never been very big on the console really, especially compared to PSP, but they've had some successes. I guess we'll see.

I also wonder if they'll revive any other long-dormant IP's. Digital Devil Saga when?

So Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner and so on, never were SMT games in Japan? I thought that only happened with Persona after P3.

At least we all agree that they are spin-offs, haha

Yeah. In short, "not SMT" means "not mainline" but they're all MegaTen.

The first Devil Summoner and Devil Children are exceptions as they used the Shin Megami Tensei title as well but aren't mainline games.

Beckx

I think we all forgot about "Project RE Fantasy"...

We should be ashamed of ourselves, lol

isn't that game in the hiring phase with nothing but concepts right now?

i don't think we'll hear much about it as part of their "2017 slate"

asagami_

Banned
Beside Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (;_;), what other game Atlus USA don't localized? I am thinking about Nora to Toki no Kobo, it was a released around Devil Survivor 2 and also that game it is a DS title, but well, it was a new IP so it's kinda expected. I just hope the SMT 3DS project (my guess is a SMT I & II remake using the EO engine) is localized, for god sake.

18-Volt

Remake or sequel of this game pls:

Kwirk_Cover.png

Seriously, Atlus needs to create something other than RPG's once in a while. A brand new Kwirk is all I need.

Excited for whatever we get. More mainline SMT would be amazing but I'd also like to see more spin-offs for the franchise. Feel like we haven't gotten one outside of DeSu2 in forever. I'd personally like another Raidou or another big RPG similar to DDS.

Prelude.

Ahaha, the begging in this thread. Yes, Atlus will definitely release about 50 skus of ports, remasters and new games in 2017.

MoonFrog

Hmmm...sad that the RH thing is just a remake (? missed when they confirmed that, but it did sound that way, even if I hoped otherwise).

Generally speaking, I want them to announce games for Switch (at least). I get that they may still largely be in 3DS mode, but I'd love to see confirmation that, say, they plan to continue Etrian Odyssey or do something along those lines on Switch and to see how it'd work going forward, without the convenient touch screen map-making functions.

I do want to see also if we're going to get a portable Persona 5 on Switch or if that's done because Sony is done with portables, but a) I don't expect such an announcement at this point in time, and b) I'd rather there be some obfuscation to any potential double-dip I do on that game, because I am also going to buy it on Switch if it ever happens.

I'd also like to know more about the SMT projects announced at the Switch event. It would be nice, say, if we could get confirmation that HD project means multiplatform or that it doesn't. It'd also be nice to know if either project is a remake, if both are new entries, if SMT Switch is SMT 5, etc.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm guessing the SMT 3DS project is a safe bet. Probably the next Vanillaware game too.

I think we all forgot about "Project RE Fantasy"...

We should be ashamed of ourselves, lol

That game is probably 2019 at the earliest, not 2017.

Maxinas

It's for Japan releases only, so don't expect a EO5 localization annoucement.

Radiant Historia
maybe some new Re Fantasy info
Vanillaware title
Some persona 5 spinoff
Info on 3ds SMT project
maybe some info on HD/Switch game
maybe other unannounced Switch games, or 3ds

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm guessing the SMT 3DS project is a safe bet. Probably the next Vanillaware game too.

That game is probably 2019 at the earliest, not 2017.

Yes, SMT 3DS and 13 Sentinels should be safe bets. How long has it been since the last time we saw 13 Sentinels? TGS 2015 or am I wrong?

timberger

I can see some hurt feelings in the offing when everything announced here isn't a Switch game.

Personally I'd like a sequel to Persona Dancing All Night but I can't see it happening. Edit: ^^^ haha, I'm not the only one either it seems.

MoonFrog

I can see some hurt feelings in the offing when everything announced here isn't a Switch game.

Personally I'd like a sequel to Persona Dancing All Night but I can't see it happening.

I wouldn't have hurt feelings, but I'd really like something to show 3DS to Switch is a thing, and I'd prefer to get games on Switch going forward. I'll still buy 3DS games.

I'd buy PS4 games too, but Atlus is predominately on 3DS, so I think the safer bet is that we're going to see mostly 3DS games or Switch sequels to 3DS games.

Or maybe P5 is going to spearhead a new stationary console push, but even if so, I don't think they're just going to abandon 3DS.

EDarkness

It'll be interesting to see what they have cooking. So many game possibilities and after that survey they put out recently some of the ideas they put in there were interesting. The only game I want them to announce is Persona 5 for the NS. Outside of that, I'm down with anything. A new Trauma Center would be badass, though.

Nachos

Quoting myself to see what others think could be announced + a source for what I stated earlier about Etrian Odyssey

http://personacentral.com/etrian-odyssey-v-likely-last-numbered-3ds-eo-game/

EDIT: It actually states the last "numbered" EO game, so a spin-off could still be for 3DS, I suppose.
They basically said that they were treating V like it would be the last EO game, so that it at least had a proper send-off before the Switch had the chance to weigh in their minds.

Persona Q 2?

All over my face, please.
Just hope the combat and dungeons are better. First and second dungeons, as well as most of the final, were complete slogs with really boring map layouts. Then there's the matter of weird design decisions throwing combat balance out of whack, and leftover bits of EO IV's code being the reason why Naoto is so broken.

Ydelnae

I don't think we're going to get Persona 5 spin-offs yet. I can see one spin-off being announced before the year ends, though. Maybe some sort of DLC episode for the main game.

Look forward to a blowout for 13 Sentinels and SMT 3DS. SMT Switch I think they will hold back on and just show the same footage again with some more details here and there. Whilst we're talking games I wish and hope for, a new IP from Kaneko and a new Growlanser from Careersoft. Both very unlikely but still, throwing that out there. A remake of the original Devil Summoner that we never got would be really nice too but that's asking for too much, I think. Am kinda wondering what the Persona Team are making now (not Hashino's new team, but the team that stayed in the P Studio team).

jwillenn

please revive Trap Gunner

+ crazy extent of trap customization
+ all old characters plus loads of new ones
+ online multiplayer (including team-based modes)
+ lots of intricate maps with tons of destructible elements (could be nice to have full 3D environments that force players into different views depending on where they are. There may be a moment where players are fighting/setting traps in the classic overhead view, but then they may enter an area where the camera angle is more like what you'd find in your typical 3rd Person Action game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5nQS5LS-k&index=12&list=PL1A841BA16F525323

I also think that SMT HD will be on PS4. The image clearly say HD Project and the other say 3DS. If it's exclusive it would say SWITCH project. We're talking about the 25 anniversary of the franchise.

SMT-25th-Projects.jpg

Good catch.

I completely forgot they also announced a 3DS SMT game. Hopefully they are different games so I can have double SMT goodness.

I know its very unlikely given its not out in NA yet but please, please announce Persona 5 for Switch.

I get extreme pain when playing on tv plus the temperature rises in the room by 23 degrees from the heat of PS4 + TV. Please I don't want to have to suffer 100+ hours. I mean I will get it on PS4 at launch if theres no portable version since this is one of the few series I'll do it for, but considering I'll play everyday for 5+ hours I am dreading it.

Top Bottom