• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA announces Persona 4 Arena, Summer 2012

Daimaou

I kind of hope they have the Japanese voice option as well. I tend to turn on Japanese voices in fighting games if the option exists, since it takes some of the edge off the chatter. This game also seems to have BlazBlue levels of chattiness, and leaving the English voices on for that was absolutely grating to me, even if the dub was good.

cj_iwakura

I kind of hope they have the Japanese voice option as well. I tend to turn on Japanese voices in fighting games if the option exists, since it takes some of the edge off the chatter. This game also seems to have BlazBlue levels of chattiness, and leaving the English voices on for that was absolutely grating to me, even if the dub was good.

That's the reason I want it dubbed, so I know what's being said.

My favorite tidbit from BlazBlue had to be Jin against Noel:

You BITCH!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm assuming you're bilingual if you made it through those games without an English script.

I'm not fluent in Japanese, but I lived in Japan for three years and learned enough to play through JRPGs.

Daimaou

That's the reason I want it dubbed, so I know what's being said.

Things just repeated way too often in BlazBlue, and it wasn't uncommon for it to stop mid-sentence and start the same quote over again. I agree it's nice to know what's being said, but at some point it just gets annoying. Japanese voices make it easier for me to tune it out as just another sound effect.

LProtag

Really hope the community for this in the US is pretty hype.

Not that there's much of a community I can get involved with in CT unless I make the trek to NYC and I'd get blown up over there in any game.

Icicle

Has this been posted?

Interesting article from Adriasang about the game's origins and the console port. Some highlights...

Kazuhisa Wada, director of Atlus' involvement in the game, says about future added content:
We can look forward to volume at or beyond the level of BlazBlue.

He also mentions that we can look forward to modes that even non-fighting game fans can enjoy.

Full article here

Top Bottom