• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan season 2, April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

David___

Banned
Glad its finally coming out. Personally lost interest myself but happy for those who waited for this damn long.

Big Wazu

That sure did take a long time, huh? I'm still pretty excited for it. I thought about picking up the manga, but I think I'll stick to just watching the anime with this one.

duckroll

I think there are two possibilities.

A) Season 2 is actually a year long season this time, and it covers everything to the end of the manga, ending around the same time in 2018.

B) There's a break after Season 2, and Season 3 starts in April 2018, covering everything to the end of the manga.

Either way, the manga is wrapping up within a year or so. They waited this long for a reason.

A) Season 2 is actually a year long season this time, and it covers everything to the end of the manga, ending around the same time in 2018.

B) There's a break after Season 2, and Season 3 starts in April 2018, covering everything to the end of the manga.

Either way, the manga is wrapping up within a year or so. They waited this long for a reason.

How do you figure that? Nothing in the manga seems to hint at a resoltion happening within a year.

I can't wait to see certain scenes animated, one 3 way fight in particular.
Unfortunately we won't see Grisha's backstory or the prior battle animated until 2020 or something.

Wilsongt

more like Attack on Titan Season zzzzzzzz

While those chapters are some what informative, they don't make sense until much later.

I enjoyed the first season when I watched it, but it's been a while and I've seen lots of better anime since then. I'll check it out for sure, but I'm definitely less excited than I would have been had it come sooner.

coy

I came around on the show towards the end but damn it's been
4 years my interest has waned. Those live-action films didn't help either.

Namikaze

Pick up the entire season on bluray in January for $40, its what I'm doing. I don't remember much either.

The audio/video quality on the Blu-rays is great but it's also on Netflix/Crunchyroll/FUNimation I believe. Getting a month's sub to one of those would be a lot cheaper although it won't be as clear.

daveo42

Banned
I'm ready for another round of shouting. Wonder if they'll do a third season after this one as well since there's plenty for them to cover in the manga.

tumblr_inline_mfkps8lYzC1r36b4y.png

mdubs

Banned
For some mildly spoilery indication of what is to come in broad strokes-
the first cour will be pretty action packed and will culminate in a pretty big battle which should be quite good, and the second cour will mostly be about politicking with humans vs humans. There's a pretty obvious point where they will end. The manga is probably on the equivalent of the second cour of a third season right now

A year long season is impossible, unless they're somehow getting a daytime broadcast slot.

Four years between seasons. It's like the Japanese Venture Bros.

Damn, this is on point. I didn't even bother checking out the latest season of VB because I knew the break would be long.

Looking forward to finding out what was going on in that basement in season 2....hopefully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom