• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

We made it.

Caught up on PROGRESS, not sure about End going into the Brixton main event all of a sudden. I know they have a massive hardon for him but he's out the door soon, what's the point?

BritWres podcast suggested that they are doing a "Summer of Punk" style thing with End. Since PROGRESS are so buddy buddy with Regal, End would still work PROGRESS and NXT with the belt. Intriguing. I think they had a big match planned for Ospreay and it fell through because of NJPW commitments.

I guess they want to resolve the Tommy End story they had going, and just ran out of time to do it? As much as I love Tommy, and wanted him to get the belt, I would have rather it was Haskins vs Scurll. Can't see the spoilered happening tbh, I don't think they're THAT buddy buddy, but it would be cool!

ReiGun

I don't know if Miz needs to be threatening
Be a chicken heel (no pun intended) works perfect for him and makes the crowd hate him even more

He can continue his reign using Maryse, fuckery and cheating to win
He shouldn't do a complete revamp, but that promo opened the door for him to develop more of an edge and be taken more seriously. He can be a chicken heel and not be a total joke.

Becky Lynch deserves better on snack down. Ditto Naomi for that entrance alone.
The sad part is they're still doing better than they would on Raw, where Becky would be stuck behind the other 4HW and Naomi likely wouldn't even be on TV.

They are going to have to start having more storylines and promos for the women soon though. Like I wish they would play with the feud between Bliss and Becky that's been building a bit for a while.

gun_haver

The sad part is they're still doing better than they would on Raw, where Becky would be stuck behind the other 4HW and Naomi likely wouldn't even be on TV.

They are going to have to start having more storylines and promos for the women soon though. Like I wish they would play with the feud between Bliss and Becky that's been building a bit for a while.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until they crown the smackdown women's champ. Then we'll see what they do but yeah, it has been a bit boring so far, just a bunch of tag matches and non-matches.

Lupercal

Banned
The route they ended up going with Miz feels like them making the best of the tools they had on hand. Bryan can't wrestle so he can't defend himself, and sending people after Miz for insulting him would be a really heelish thing for the super baby face GM to do. So on that end, just having Shane tell D Bry to leave it along while an active wrestler goes after Miz, while not the most exciting move, isn't a terrible one.

Having Dolph come in lets him get some of the heat back he lost after the Ambrose feud ended with him looking like trash. And like someone said upthread, he is sort of the face version of the Miz. The question to me is how is Miz going to look coming out of the other side of this. They have a chance to turn him into a more serious, threatening character (KFC chicken stuff aside) and solidify his spot as one of the top heels. But I don't know if Dolph is the one to help get him there.

But that's more an issue with the brand split because there's really no one else on SD they could have used. Again, doing what they can with the tools they have.

Should had Kane come down the ramp for that Team Hell No reunited pop.

Jamie OD

We made it.

Caught up on PROGRESS, not sure about End going into the Brixton main event all of a sudden. I know they have a massive hardon for him but he's out the door soon, what's the point?

BritWres podcast suggested that they are doing a "Summer of Punk" style thing with End. Since PROGRESS are so buddy buddy with Regal, End would still work PROGRESS and NXT with the belt. Intriguing. I think they had a big match planned for Ospreay and it fell through because of NJPW commitments.

The whole card looks kind of ordinary for a big venue show but that's me being spoiled. I know I groan everytime ICW adds another ex WWE act to their big show so this card being all regulars plus Ciampa who is a semi-regular guest should be treated as a deserved achievement. The 8-Man Tag has the potential to be amazingly chaotic if given the time.

Marvel

could never
What was this btw, this still fucks me up just seeing this

giphy.gif
No one know, friend.

Was a waste of time.

Tagyhag

Wait, if Cena was at Smackdown's dark match, is he not taking time off to film American Grit?

Is he going to come back to absolutely bury AJ faster than expected?

Wait, if Cena was at Smackdown's dark match, is he not taking time off to film American Grit?

Nope, he's off. It's just that he's appearing at shows he was listed as appearing at before the second season was greenlit.

Cena unlike most can keep both sides on his schedule but i really dont think they will give him the 16 spot i feel like they wouldve already done it by now

Shoot (professional wrestling)

A shoot in professional wrestling is any unplanned, unscripted or real-life occurrence within a wrestling event. The name does not originate from "shooting in" for a takedown, as in amateur wrestling, but rather, it is a carny term shortened from "straight shooting" which originally referred to a gun in a carnival target shooting game which did not have its sights fixed (terminology such as this reflecting the professional wrestling industry's roots in traveling carnivals)

gun_haver

watching evolution of punk ep 3

i'm at the xmas bit with AJ

watching these wholesome activities enacted by two people pretending to be in love for camera makes me want to be in love for real some day. sweet stuff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Checking http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/aj-styles-752.html and damn they don't televise a lot of good shit

AJ had a 3 way fight for the wwe belt with Ambrose and Bray Wyatt apparently, three nights in a row. Not like he's gonna lose the belt at a non televised event lol. The match probably played out exactly the same

AJ also lost to Cena yesterday lol.. These in house shows don't follow storyline much huh?

Which brings me to this question: Was Goldberg ever defeated in a non televised event during his streak?

I don't like the way they're handling Styles these past few weeks. They're trying really hard to make him a hated heel.. With that annoying "face that runs the place" rant. He sells it well, but still. And him hanging on the ropes that long makes him look weak :/

I feel like he's gonna win the belt, only to lose it to Cena or some corny shit because he's talking so much trash. Like I don't understand, why couldn't they just give him the belt when he fought Reigns for it?

babyfaces almost always win at house shows unless the champion is a heel

Top Bottom