• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I don't know much, but the ケ is definitely 'ke', and the ッ if it were larger is a 'tsu'. When you have a regular character followed by a small one, you sort of smoosh the sounds together. So in this case ケッ is probably 'ketu' or 'ket' (e.g. pocket).

Look at your chart at gya (gi and ya: gya), chu (chi and ku: chu) and you'll see how these work. To extend sounds out, you use a character that looks like an emdash (—). It's used in beer (ビール bi-i-ru), for example.

I'm sure people better versed can go into more detail on the whats and whys...

Edit: If you're looking for a complete list of katakana, that chart is missing quite a bit. Not sure what they're actually called, but it's missing what I call 'modifiers'. e.g it has ハ (ha) but not パ (pa), has ス(su) but not ズ (zu). Note that from what I can tell the modifier sounds are usually made with the same part of the mouth.

yes, thank you jintor!

it just took me about 3 minutes to read ポケモンセンター, but when I did I got very excited!

and same with Cods statement, things like the — to extend the sound, and ッ to double the next constanant, are the things I forget. I had a look on wiki, but i didn't see a "here's the basics!"

Kritz

Banned
GL7QqBP.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=346200463

*hyperventilates*

Gave it a Yes.

What's the business model on steam, Kritz? Is it still going to be ad supported, or will it be a once off purchase? Maybe you can sell hats.

Kritz

Banned
Prob gonna make it a $5-10 game with actual content instead of using free to play as a crux for the game being kinda poo. :D

Yeah. It's a pity that we're playing home games at the moment, "AusGAF XI: On Tour in ____" would've worked.

Also for political references: "Australia and Tasmania have made agreements"

I reckon the 'On Tour' thing could still work. Gotta use a cricket reference.

Gazunta

Hmm. Any of you fine folk in BrisGAF have a 14 inch CRT television they wouldn't mind lending me for the weekend? I'm not 100% sure I need one but maaaay have to start coming up with a backup plan

I'm still waiting for my refurb console to arrive as Australia post decided to let my console sit at their processing facility for 10days... Strangely enough once I called them about it they found it and delivered it the next day.
Fuck AusPost really are the worst. Terrible service.

So I'm pretty much obsessed with Far Cry 4, looking good for my 2014 GOTY at this point.
Yup so fucking good. Ambient stuff is really compelling, don't even notice that I've played for 4 hours and only done 1 mission!

Looks incredible and runs really well on PS4 too.

Insane amount of content. Will take ages to 100%.

No thanks

Woo! I voted and retweeted your link :)

Call it AusGAF One. Makes as much sense as Xbox One.

Hey look at that, even a Lakers fan can have a good idea every now and then!

AusGAF One |OT| The Complete All-in-One Racist, Bigoted, Narrow Minded, Logically Stunted, Profit Driven, Selfish Government System

I have never had such a technically addled quarter in gaming history. Civ BE resolution issue (no 1080p on 144hz monitors), Alien Isolation shader aliasing giving me eye cancer, Evil Within shit, AC:Unity technical clusterfuck, Dragon Age: Inquisition crashing and constantly bugging out... and that's just the PC side. Master Chief Collection *shakes fist*

r1chard

I have never had such a technically addled quarter in gaming history... Dragon Age: Inquisition crashing and constantly bugging out... *shakes fist*
It's a shame you've had that problem with DA:I (and I assume others have as well). My experience has been solid, barring a few bizarro UI things every now which are temporary and not game-breaking. I've not run into the gender/relationship thing though - I've only put 15 or so hours into it, so have only really played in The Hinterlands (I just last night visited the Storm Coast very briefly).

I'm playing the game from SSD, which means that occasionally the game gets confused because the data is coming in too quickly, so frame rate drops through the floor - but that doesn't ever happen in actual gameplay, just at really heavy loading times like the main menu and the loading screen.

Gender bug hasn't happened to me (... that I know of) but I'm getting crashes to desktop, intermittent freezes for up to a minute (?!) that seem to be related to losing connection to DA servers (it freezes again for 20 seconds when it reconnects...), and long pauses during dialogue scenes where the characters simply stop speaking for long periods of time. Then when they start speaking, I only get subtitles, they just mouth their lines with no sound coming out. This happens in about 1/4 of all conversations at least once, sometimes more than once. Last night I had all sound in the game literally stop except for UI stuff. I reloaded a checkpoint and it fixed it, but holy shit.

Far Cry 4 has been flawless on PS4 for me so far :)

Also
sc131.jpg

Dat Kinect bundle is tempting as fuck. Although both bundles has 2-3 cheap ass games dumped in there. No interest in Rayman & Trials thanks!
EDIT: Actually no, those are download tokens. Fuck that, prefer retail to resell/trade in. No interest in 3rd party games on Xbone.

New fun thing to do in Far Cry 4:

- Ride an elephant
- Find more elephants
- Press attack button to make your elephant roar, causing any nearby elephants to follow you
- Ride into outpost with a herd of elephants and fuck shit up

This game.

I have never had such a technically addled quarter in gaming history. Civ BE resolution issue (no 1080p on 144hz monitors), Alien Isolation shader aliasing giving me eye cancer, Evil Within shit, AC:Unity technical clusterfuck, Dragon Age: Inquisition crashing and constantly bugging out... and that's just the PC side. Master Chief Collection *shakes fist*

PC master race..... #dealwithit

quabba

Fuck AusPost really are the worst. Terrible service.

Yup so fucking good. Ambient stuff is really compelling, don't even notice that I've played for 4 hours and only done 1 mission!

Looks incredible and runs really well on PS4 too.

Insane amount of content. Will take ages to 100%.

Well it's finally out for delivery today, too bad no one will be home, but it does mean I can open the copy of far cry that's been taunting me for a week. Also got to pop into office works and pick up a 2tb hard drive. Perfect time to upgrade the ps4 hdd as I have to download everything again anyway.

New fun thing to do in Far Cry 4:

- Ride an elephant
- Find more elephants
- Press attack button to make your elephant roar, causing any nearby elephants to follow you
- Ride into outpost with a herd of elephants and fuck shit up

This game.

Awesome

senahorse

Gender bug hasn't happened to me (... that I know of) but I'm getting crashes to desktop, intermittent freezes for up to a minute (?!) that seem to be related to losing connection to DA servers (it freezes again for 20 seconds when it reconnects...), and long pauses during dialogue scenes where the characters simply stop speaking for long periods of time. Then when they start speaking, I only get subtitles, they just mouth their lines with no sound coming out. This happens in about 1/4 of all conversations at least once, sometimes more than once. Last night I had all sound in the game literally stop except for UI stuff. I reloaded a checkpoint and it fixed it, but holy shit.

Weird, I have had none of that happen to either me or my girlfriend. Actually that's not true, I had one CTD in the first few hours.

Quasar

I guess its just Sony, but for the first time since getting my PS4 at launch I'm having some PSN speed issues (getting about 10% of what I get with my PC from the same LAN). Been happing the last 2-3 days, which has killed my Dragon Age playing.

So I'm wondering if other folks are suffering, or whether it might be an ISP issue.

So in good news for EA, Dragon Age on PS4 seems to be sold out everywhere close to me (JB at least) - nearest available stock to me is in Penrith or Shellharbour (I'm in Sydney CBD).

I went to grab a copy at lunch time while it is 69 dollarydoos and ended up having to get Harvey Norman to price match (which they had no problems doing).

I won't touch it until I'm done with Far Cry 4, but noticed Dick Smith have it priced at $69 until the 1st of December, so I'm assuming it will go back up everywhere after that.

I guess its just Sony, but for the first time since getting my PS4 at launch I'm having some PSN speed issues (getting about 10% of what I get with my PC from the same LAN). Been happing the last 2-3 days, which has killed my Dragon Age playing.

So I'm wondering if other folks are suffering, or whether it might be an ISP issue.

My connection is as rubbish as usual, no change on my end.

Wooo! Just got 20 iPad Air's delivered at work. That means I get to keep my current work iPad 3.

Sweet, never actually owned an iPad before, what can I do with this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom