• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaneus said:
Shit, PS2 only $69? Wow. I know what I'm getting for my bedroom. Anyone know what's needed to play imports?

I know, I thought it was a good price too... I knew EB were selling pre-owned PS2s for $89, couldn't find anything advertised for GAME so I just went into a store and asked.

They also had 2 pre-owned PS1's in stock for about the same price which was tempting.

Not sure about playing imports...

There's an exploit you can use to patch a memory card with some modified...bootloaders that allows you to play imports, but you need access to one of those swap discs to install it so it's kind of pointless.

rass

VOOK said:
So what time do we get Perfect Dark? Thursday or Wednesday night?
the hell, I saw it on marketplace like 3 days ago, just assumed it was out?
I'm really bad at Battlefield haha, I need to unlock some beastlier guns (yes... blame the guns) Also, I jumped into a helicopter then flew up a little bit and did a half backflip straight into the harbour :/
should probably learn how to fly one before I ruin my team's chances haha.

It's the guns, the peashooters you get mean even if you fire 3-5 shots at them before they start firing they still kill you in 2-3 shots of their own. :lol

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
iam.rass said:
the hell, I saw it on marketplace like 3 days ago, just assumed it was out?
I'm really bad at Battlefield haha, I need to unlock some beastlier guns (yes... blame the guns) Also, I jumped into a helicopter then flew up a little bit and did a half backflip straight into the harbour :/
should probably learn how to fly one before I ruin my team's chances haha.

Oh you're one of them!

rass

VOOK said:
Oh you're one of them!
I only did it once, I don't have the balls to try again :lol
I like being the gunner in the chopper though, can bail to safety when the health gets low as and I don't have to learn to fly it.

can you run over people on the ATVs? I tried and coincidentally went straight through them and a railing... into the harbour... BUT this time there was a ladder to climb back out of and significantly less ticket wastage.

JMizzlin

Gah, JB Hi Fi online are having shipping delays for Beatles: Rock Band.

Looks like I won't have it in time for a social gathering I'm holding in 2 weeks -_-;

- 1 JB Hi Fi Online.

VOOK

Red Scarlet said:
So did y'all get all your bags of crap?

Yeah I did, big bag of Megabloks. Haven't posted a picture yet because just home from being away.

My bro though hasn't :D

Kujo

webmail_au_20100312_wiitrade.jpg

lol

Shaneus

VOOK said:
Yeah I did, big bag of Megabloks. Haven't posted a picture yet because just home from being away.

My bro though hasn't :D
Same as mine I think... you can repost my pic if you're too lazy to take a photo of your own :)

Nemesis_

What the fuck?! Metro AND Dragon Age expansion are out this week?! I am so behind. =(

First week I will be going WITHOUT new releases!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Red Scarlet said:
Can I msg you on Steam Vook in a couple days to see if everyone got their bag of crap?

The wiki would be the most up to date list of who got what. Not sure if vook would know more than that, doubt he has been keeping tabs on it all. Too busy partying it up on boats and stuff :D

Deeku

evlcookie said:
The wiki would be the most up to date list of who got what. Not sure if vook would know more than that, doubt he has been keeping tabs on it all. Too busy partying it up on boats and stuff :D
That's just how we roll.

Woo Pokemon is out in 10 days.

Might be a joke but people will go for it. Heaps of people at our store have been doing the 'trade your white wii and get a black one for $199'...

VOOK

MrSerrels said:
That explains a lot. EB's flat out refusal to support third party Nintendo games is pretty disgusting.

Might be something more in this...

pilonv1

super late slip, that was posted on their twitter last week:

# EB will give you 200 bucks for your Wii. Right now. Seriously. So, when was the last time you switched it on? 12:31 PM Mar 11th via web

#Have a think back - when was the last time you played your Wii Console? Be honest... 12:15 PM Mar 11th via web

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
That explains a lot. EB's flat out refusal to support third party Nintendo games is pretty disgusting.

Interesting comments, i see third party wii games in every EB i visit ?

also you may have stumbled upon their ulterior motive

1. NRL comes out this week exclusively for wii
2. Lots of NRL fans want this
3. EB thinking lots of wii demand
4. 'Why buy new when you can buy 2nd hand juts to play NRL and cheaper!'
5. PROFIT!

RandomVince said:
Its not even a new deal, they offer the same trade deal towards a black wii dont they?

Before this a Wii had $150 trade-in value unless you traded it toward another console in which case it would be $200... Now it's just $200 across the board.

legend166

I just find it odd that a store, any store, would so obviously have a dig at a major supplier.

Seems the immaturity in this industry manages to seep through every level.

VOOK

Choc said:
Interesting comments, i see third party wii games in every EB i visit ?

also you may have stumbled upon their ulterior motive

1. NRL comes out this week exclusively for wii
2. Lots of NRL fans want this
3. EB thinking lots of wii demand
4. 'Why buy new when you can buy 2nd hand juts to play NRL and cheaper!'
5. PROFIT!

EB doesn't stock any titles from AFA, Madman on Wii. If they do it's months later. Games like No More Heroes, Cursed Moutain etc.

Yagharek

legend166 said:
I just find it odd that a store, any store, would so obviously have a dig at a major supplier.

Seems the immaturity in this industry manages to seep through every level.

The managers at EB head office seemingly start as christmas casuals.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I thought it was good advertising.

I'm sure there are people out there who haven't played their Wii in a while and that $200 might be appealing.

Same could be said for the other consoles though I'm sure.

pilonv1

VOOK said:
EB doesn't stock any titles from AFA, Madman on Wii. If they do it's months later. Games like No More Heroes, Cursed Moutain etc.

Which of the major reatailers do stock titles like that? JB and Game and that's about it. Obviously it's better for EB to have more higher margin second hand games on shelf.

Kritz

Banned
fappenmeister said:
On another note, I'm editing the entry for Betamax 2 on the wiki because I never participated in it. :lol Lay off the ciders Kritz. Bad pup!

I don't need to lay off them I can quit any time I want! I... WHO THE FUCK WAS IN THAT PODCAST THEN?

Also once Choc gets off his download limit and sends me his podcast feed I will edit it together and MAYBE post an entire neogaf thread for it and pretend it is our first episode. Good idea or terrible idea? YOU DECIDE!

hamchan

Kritz said:
I don't need to lay off them I can quit any time I want! I... WHO THE FUCK WAS IN THAT PODCAST THEN?

Also once Choc gets off his download limit and sends me his podcast feed I will edit it together and MAYBE post an entire neogaf thread for it and pretend it is our first episode. Good idea or terrible idea? YOU DECIDE!

I predict failure! I still haven't heard it though, might be good :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom