• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
eh... not really :p

BMW ads feature actual skilled driving beautifully shot and edited. Jag is in a parking lot revving engine.

Okay well, the OTHER Jaguar ad where the three Jaguar R-models are driving around professionally in a playground is better. :p

Name an ad, and I'll counter with one of Jaguar's.

AlphaSnake

BMW's The Hire series of short films.

Those are hardly commercials, imo. But fine...

Jaguar - Desire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Qztg4EjmM

There is nothing Alpha can post to counter/beat that. Nothing. LOL

alpha basically said meet me somewhere

But we still waiting

I wasn't home all night.

And I'm actually surprised I even had to counter. I figured everyone would just assume I'd post Jaguar's short film on the F-Type.

Flo_Evans

Those are hardly commercials, imo. But fine...

Jaguar - Desire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Qztg4EjmM

I wasn't home all night.

And I'm actually surprised I even had to counter. I figured everyone would just assume I'd post Jaguar's short film on the F-Type.

Boring. I only made it halfway through. Straight roads and way too much bad acting. Do you not get what makes the BMW ads great is that they DRIVE the cars? This is like a fucking daytime soap opera damn.

Smokey

I thought the m5 unchained ad was neat

I didn't mean to cause this uproar!

Alpha jag allegiance is stronk. Can Flo survive?

AlphaSnake

No, you're in the wrong thread.

How much is Jag paying you?

I can't disclose financials.

My allegiance to Coventry is more than just money. I bleed Anglo-red.

My first toy car was a Jaguar E-Type Series II when I was 5.

No Love

Banned
when is the STI version of the BRZ getting here?

Never, as far as I know. Subaru claims they don't want to make one, last I remember? Might be a lie though. They teased one as a concept car and it was BEAUTIFUL.

Subaru-BRZ-Concept-STI-Picture-03.jpg

TylerD

dat jaguar love <3

In the market for a new car and thinking of a 2001-2005 3xxci

Guy nearby is selling this beauty

froth, little out of my price range though. Anyone know of any issues I should be weary of with the e46 models?

Way late and completely forgot there was a new thread but you could do a lot worse then an e46 coupe. I have a 06 330ci with the ZHP performance package. 6 speed manual of course! :)

Common issues:
Cooling system components (expansion tank, water pump, thermostat)
Oil leaks (valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket)
PCV valve in colder climates
The much mentioned window regulators
VANOS rattle which is more of an annoyance than a major issue

They are pretty easy to work on and there are DIYs for just about any job if you are inclined.

The last model 3 I would own without a warranty attached.

Absolutely love my car and it sucks that the weather is so inhospitable in west Texas that trying to keep it clean or waxed is an exercise in futility. Poor thing gets sand blasted on a daily basis.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Finally decided to get rid of the '13 ZL1 and get something new. After test driving everything I could get my hands on, went with this, and so far I'm having an absolute blast! It's not nearly as fast the ZL1, in a straight line anyway, but holy fuck is it fun to sling around curves. Gonna drive it for a year or so and get a Z06 Stingray when they're widely available.

kXUfjow.jpg

kehs

Banned
Any of you guys used general tires? I looked up the Grabber UHP for the past two weeks and it's hard to find info about them. Most every says they are great tires for the price, but I don't see anything bad about them or anything middle of the road.

They're going on a small truck, so it's not really a big deal, I just don't want the person dying on the highway because the tires exploded on the freeway.

AlphaSnake

Finally decided to get rid of the '13 ZL1 and get something new. After test driving everything I could get my hands on, went with this, and so far I'm having an absolute blast! It's not nearly as fast the ZL1, in a straight line anyway, but holy fuck is it fun to sling around curves. Gonna drive it for a year or so and get a Z06 Stingray when they're widely available.

kXUfjow.jpg

Congrats!!!

I miss my 370Z. The dealer finally sold it after having it for sale for the past 7 weeks. Great car, astoundingly reliable.

mkenyon

Banned
Never, as far as I know. Subaru claims they don't want to make one, last I remember? Might be a lie though. They teased one as a concept car and it was BEAUTIFUL.

I've never fapped at work, but I might have to make an exception for this.

If this were released in the states, looked like that, and was around $30-35K, I would risk my wife's cold shoulder for a month to trade in my EX35 for it.

coldfoot

Banned
Henessey released "World's fastest edition" Venom GT supposedly with the American flag as stripes:
Hennessey_VenomGT_WorldsFastestEdition-2.jpg

Only problem is, that's the flag of France LOL

No Love

Banned
I've never fapped at work, but I might have to make an exception for this.

If this were released in the states, looked like that, and was around $30-35K, I would risk my wife's cold shoulder for a month to trade in my EX35 for it.

I know, dude. Fucking gorgeous. Subaru loves to disappoint, though.

Although, here's food for thought: perhaps the new STI will share a motor with a BRZ STI and that's why they haven't updated the new-gen STI's motor yet? Would explain why it's a carryover... they needed more time to finish up the turbo motor. :)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Congrats!!!

I miss my 370Z. The dealer finally sold it after having it for sale for the past 7 weeks. Great car, astoundingly reliable.

It's so fun to drive! I missed seeing what you changed to. I remembered you had a 370z but that's it. Did you have trouble at first getting used to the stick shift on these? Fuck me it's like on a hair trigger. Took me a week or two but in settled in nicely now.

Amazing how every riced out Civic on the road with a fart-can exhaust strapped on thinks he needs to take me on now...

Smokey

I want to learn how to drive manual. If I got my Stingray I feel like... I should already know how and not use my brand new $65,000 car to learn.

mkenyon

Banned
I want to learn how to drive manual. If I got my Stingray I feel like... I should already know how and not use my brand new $65,000 car to learn.
What the fuck Smokey?

And yeah, go learn on something else. When you heel-toe and match the revs perfectly into a corner, you will feel like a god amongst men.

Smokey

What the fuck Smokey?

I grew up and live in Houston, TX bruh

I bet you've never experienced shit traffic like I do everyday. It takes me 1 hr+ each way from my place to work.. 20 miles from my house.

If it rains I have to endure the San Antonio commute. Why do I call it that? Because it takes the same amount of time for me to get home as it would for me to get to another goddamn major city.

get a beater miata.

and never fap to subaru concepts, you'll always feel sad and disappointed afterwards.

Although the new sti doesn't look too bad in person.

hwalker84

They have a STI package which is Japan only (I sat in it at the Tokyo Auto Show). I remember reading something about Toyota and Subaru's contract preventing them from making a true STI version for a few more years. Also I hate that wing. Love everything else about that picture.

Malvingt2

Guys, I am looking to buy a used car [nothing over 15k] and I kind fell in love with a Jeep Liberty Sport 2008 with low mileage.

Question; is that a good SUV? or I should keep looking? another car on mind is a Hyundai Tucson [2007 to 2010] A lot of people told me that those models are great

mkenyon

Banned
I grew up and live in Houston, TX bruh

I bet you've never experienced shit traffic like I do everyday. It takes me 1 hr+ each way from my place to work.. 20 miles from my house.

If it rains I have to endure the San Antonio commute. Why do I call it that? Because it takes the same amount of time for me to get home as it would for me to get to another goddamn major city.
I'm from PDX mostly. I drove a Wrangler manual in Portland gridlock, and that clutch takes like 100 lbs of pressure to depress!

But yeah, it's really rewarding to drive manual. Definitely find a way to do it before you get the Stingray :p

Check to see if there's a driving school in your area that has a manual car... That or a friend who has a manual car that you can tinker with.

AlphaSnake

It's so fun to drive! I missed seeing what you changed to. I remembered you had a 370z but that's it. Did you have trouble at first getting used to the stick shift on these? Fuck me it's like on a hair trigger. Took me a week or two but in settled in nicely now.

Amazing how every riced out Civic on the road with a fart-can exhaust strapped on thinks he needs to take me on now...

Yeah, the clutch took about a week or two to get used to - no room for error. It's lash city if you don't slip it just right.

I traded the car in two months ago for a fully loaded Infiniti M56S w/Aero Pkg. It's virtually a 370Z with a 5.6L 440HP V8.

598777_10151996436863644_1076520903_n.jpg

1725162_10151996436823644_1615661230_n.jpg

AlphaSnake

Sooooo pretty.

I won't tell your Jag overlords you have it

Hahaha. Somebody asked me the other day which I liked more...and I realized how parents feel when they're asked the same question of their kids.

:p

Both are such amazing machines.

mkenyon

Banned
My wife would be so happy if we moved to Fort Worth. She rides/trains cutting horses.

But then I'd be that much closer to the Dallas Cowboys. CANT DO IT

Buttons

Nice car AlphaSnake, always enjoy seeing them in this thread, especially considering that brand is practically non-existant here in Germany. Sure you see one every now and then, but it's still pretty rare.

I love this thread, glad it got renewed. :D

Weather was awesome today so I washed my car and took it for a spin. Need to give it a proper polish and wax soon though.

miniwash38ml4b.jpg

miniwash5lmjot.jpg

ascii42

Motortrend put the Camaro Z/28 against the 911 Turbo S and the GT-R, and the Camaro won.
Yes, friends, despite having less power, an antiquated row-your-own transmission, and only RWD, the Camaro Z/28 laid down a time of 1:36.17, beating the Porsche by a larger margin (0.17 second) than the Turbo S clipped Godzilla (0.11 second).

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...san_gt_r_comparison/winner.html#ixzz2x7gOXage

I'm curious how much of a market there is for a $75k Camaro. Impressive, though. Also, I knew the GT-R had crept up in price, but I didn't know it could approach $200k. Geez.

Motortrend put the Camaro Z/28 against the 911 Turbo S and the GT-R, and the Camaro won.

I'm curious how much of a market there is for a $75k Camaro. Impressive, though. Also, I knew the GT-R had crept up in price, but I didn't know it could approach $200k. Geez.

That's really impressive and everything but... the Z/28 is pretty much a dedicated track car that showed up on R-comps so I'm not super-duper surprised.

Top Bottom