• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Infinity War - SDCC Footage (Potato Quality)

Can someone explain how potato = bad quality, I must have missed this meme.
I think its mainly due to the fact sneaky cam recordings look like shit and as such its an amusing thought that it was filmed on a potato, something that is objectively bad at recording video ;)

Kazuhira

d4nn5Pz.jpg

Bruce Willis,is that you?

whipihguh

Banned
That stealth suit he wore in the opening scenes of Winter Soldier was the GOAT and no redesign of the red/blue outfit can convince me otherwise.

I don't think the stealth suit is all that great. I like the white stripes around the star, but the rest of the suit is too damn plain. Just dark blue everywhere with nothing to break it up? Laaame.

I mean, sure, the original Avengers suit was wtf awful, but I feel the AoU/Civil War suit was a nice compromise between the two design sensibilities.

Feel like I might just catch up with the MCU when they come on TV after IW Part 2. If it is the end for the MCU so far, it might just be too nice an ending to really want to get hyped for how it'll continue vs an even bigger and greater threat right after.

Like when Hickman's Secret Wars ended, with the Fantastic Four recreating the Marvel Multiverse and Doctor Doom being "cured" and laughing, it just felt like the right ending for the era of Marvel comics...still read some of them now, but if Marvel comics had to end there I would have been perfectly happy.

The trailer looks cool, but Thanos' non-armour design - even if there are reasons - looks dumb as bricks. Excited for it, feel like a 1.5billion ceiling is about right. The Force Awakens was insane lightning in a bottle and I feel like only the idea of Luke dying would get even another SW movie close to it. I suppose it depends on general fun of the film and word of mouth.

Imagine if Infinity War was the sequel to Unbreakable and Willis security guard character joins in the battle and destroys Thanos because he can't be hurt.

What a twist that would be.

Nick Fury is actually Mr. Glass.

..and Prof X is just one of Kevin's personalities.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not perfect since no Thanos but I made a wallpaper version for my Mac that has all the Avengers.

BYLNB9Q.jpg

Man. This is just so good. Saving this as my desktop wallpaper. I can't believe adding something as simple as a beard makes Cap look 10X more badass.

He already has the gauntlet in that scene with at least some of the Stones, I doubt it's early.

True, can we decipher which 2 stones are in the Gauntlet (if they are 2) ? Space and Power ? Considering he's literally pulling something out of space ..those 2 seem like they'd be it.

So he seems to get the Tesseract form Loki and must have raided Nova Corps for the power stone. That could be the destroyed place the Guardians are seeing in the trailer.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Nothing really noteworthy, but the current runtime as of now for IW is 2 and a half hours long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbreMi4T4Z4

I honestly hope that these two movies are 3 hours long.

I feel like 2 hours and 15-ish is kinda the sweet spot for these Blockbuster type movies but I do hope Infinity War is as long as it can be. I wanna see as much as possible of these characters being together.

Ravelle

giphy.gif

Pretty sure he mentioned in Civil War that the stone is what gives him life.

Honestly he's probably the most likely victim to show Thanos' brutality, and they can always bring him back later because, you know, robot.

I expected bad animation and this still pains me.

This gave me goosebumps. It's honestly insane the amount of things that went into play for us to reach this point in the cinematic universe. So amazing to see it all finally come together in this ultimate story full of incredible well established characters throughout. Just incredible.

The music in the trailer is fantastic, really conveying the feeling that something is very wrong, as Thor says. Any guesses on what Thanos means when he says "I know what it's like to lose?" Is it that he got friendzoned by Hela?

Top Bottom