• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesomely awkward celebrity-fan photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalfos

Memories of Jabba are coming back.

4903390934_e5f25665dc_z.jpg

Koomaster

Stalfos said:
Memories of Jabba are coming back.

4903390934_e5f25665dc_z.jpg
Did he or someone make that shirt? Because that's the exact same pattern from a set of star wars bedsheets that I have... maybe I should not be talking. <___<;;;

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Dreams-Visions said:
I refuse to picture any gaffers like this.

and yet, I know some of you are just this fucking nerdy. :-(

Go into the post your pics thread. Any gaffer who hasn't posted their pic in in that thread, probably looks like these fellows.

also holy shit these kinds of threads are the reasons I signed up for gaf :lol

Fritz

Koomaster said:
Did he or someone make that shirt? Because that's the exact same pattern from a set of star wars bedsheets that I have... maybe I should not be talking. <___<;;;

Looking at the size of that dude, I'm pretty sure that shirt was a bed sheet.

GAF just made my week. I knew that I was walking into a photo shop thread. You guys rock. I am :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol so hard right now that I cant even breathe.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Is that Admiral Kain/Ro Laren in some of those pics, or a different actress?

Anyway, honestly, I never would have thought some of these actors would be doing this stuff. Like Patrick Stewart, does he really need the cash? Although I guess it is a 'nice' thing to do...

Medalion

Banned
gofreak said:
Is that Admiral Kain/Ro Laren in some of those pics, or a different actress?

Anyway, honestly, I never would have thought some of these actors would be doing this stuff. Like Patrick Stewart, does he really need the cash? Although I guess it is a 'nice' thing to do...
Why wouldn't they do something like this? Taking photos is easier than signing autographs for hours and hours. They were at a Sci-fi/fantasy convention, this is the norm.

grkazan12

I'm dying at the library, goddamnit GAF why do you have to be so good at doing shops. I had to open a new tab to get away from the pictures for a moment.

You guys are amazing.

Shiv47

Medalion said:
Why wouldn't they do something like this? Taking photos is easier than signing autographs for hours and hours. They were at a Sci-fi/fantasy convention, this is the norm.

Yeah, the prices go as high as $120 a picture, so it's easy money for some momentary awkwardness. And, they make fans extremely happy, I imagine, though if I'd shelled out for the sour mug Carrie Fisher sports in some of these, I'd be a bit annoyed.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Shiv47 said:
Yeah, the prices go as high as $120 a picture, so it's easy money for some momentary awkwardness. And, they make fans extremely happy, I imagine, though if I'd shelled out for the sour mug Carrie Fisher sports in some of these, I'd be a bit annoyed.

But at least Carrie goes for the full on hug. I doubt some of these guys mothers have hugged them so tight :lol

Are there any people with LaFeyette? That dude is too cool for school, I want to see him with the freaks.

1) Excellent 'shops all around. Great work, guys.

2) Not really a big pic or autograph hound. It's one thing if you are talking at a party or bar or something like that, but paying money to pose in what appears to be a Sears photo studio, like you are family... I dunno.

3) That said, I would totally pay for a picture with Furlong. He seems to be having fun, bordering on performance art. With a bit of good interaction, it really could look like a picture of lifelong friends or enemies. Worth every cent framed behind the desk.

4) On a related note, I recently figured out that talking to celebrities is like picking up chicks. Keep compliments specific. Talk about something other than them. Don't sound like the last 10 douches that tried. Seems obvious in retrospect, but felt like an epiphany to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom