• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back in my Play: A Podcast for Nostalgic Gamers (New Episodes Every Sunday)

This is awesome news! I don't want to come of sounding like an ass but maybe you would have higher numbers if you weren't going on and off with the show. I'm sure it's difficult finding time fitting it in, but how many people unsubscribed the last two times you threw in the towel? Maybe going forward just saying your doing a monthly show and if one pops up great. Again, not trying to sound like an ass, I'm just making an observation.

This is awesome news! I don't want to come of sounding like an ass but maybe you would have higher numbers if you weren't going on and off with the show. I'm sure it's difficult finding time fitting it in, but how many people unsubscribed the last two times you threw in the towel? Maybe going forward just saying your doing a monthly show and if one pops up great. Again, not trying to sound like an ass, I'm just making an observation.

Totally, I know that from The FitCast, since I locked in a weekly schedule numbers and popularity is up a lot.

I did take some time this weekend to brainstorm some ideas including some "Not Back in my Play" episodes where I get some folks together to discuss topics in games.

Also there will be at least two movie episodes.

entremet

Totally, I know that from The FitCast, since I locked in a weekly schedule numbers and popularity is up a lot.

I did take some time this weekend to brainstorm some ideas including some "Not Back in my Play" episodes where I get some folks together to discuss topics in games.

Also there will be at least two movie episodes.

Another approach is just look at this a passion project and put them out semi-regurlary. That's how thousands of YTers do it.

But then again, I don't know if hosting fees are a huge issue for, so it's understandable.

It just seems you're putting huge pressure on yourself, Kevin. 4000 is a decent audience for a dedicated retro podcast.

Another idea is to do Seasons. I'm seeing more podcasts do this, that way you have tactical breaks during the year.

Just my 2c.

I've enjoyed your show immensely. Don't give up!

dperrin

Glad to hear a few more episodes are coming! I'll have to second the Seasons idea. That would benefit your schedule (I think) and would keep users subscribed during long breaks. Whatever works best for you is what matters though. This show has been one of my favorite podcasts the past few years and I am happy with any extra content we get. Thanks for all the hard work Kevin!

zmet

I think Kevin's major beef with the 3DS hardware lies mostly in the low headphone output. It's really bad unless you get yourself a headphone amp.

Hey Kev,

Do you still play your 3DS? .... I remember you talking about much of a distaste you had for the hardware itself...

I have been using mine a lot recently to play Etrian Odyssey Untold.

I think Kevin's major beef with the 3DS hardware lies mostly in the low headphone output. It's really bad unless you get yourself a headphone amp.

That is a big one, even with the New 3DS/XL. It makes the hardware cheap. Also the battery life is a disgrace, it really sucks especially compared to the Vita. The fingerprint glossy housing doesn't help either.

I guess I will be happy when NoA announces the smaller New 3DS coming to the US at PAX ;)

BTW new episode is exporting now...

Also I didn't mention it on the show, but you heard it hear first.

New 3DS (small one) announced for North America next week. It is a Lock.

I put my reasoning in another thread. But...

Sought Korea Nintendo announces smaller new 3ds is coming with Mario Maker. Previously they only had the XL.

2DS gets price drop to $99 today

Nintendo has announced new hardware at PAX the last two years.

Great way to position is as "this is for all our fans that asked constantly for the smaller version"

And I have been hearing whispers about it for a while. Was not if but when it would come out. NoA had to clear out what was left of old 3ds stock first. Was a ton still in the channel.

I put my reasoning in another thread. But...

Sought Korea Nintendo announces smaller new 3ds is coming with Mario Maker. Previously they only had the XL.

2DS gets price drop to $99 today

Nintendo has announced new hardware at PAX the last two years.

Great way to position is as "this is for all our fans that asked constantly for the smaller version"

And I have been hearing whispers about it for a while. Was not if but when it would come out. NoA had to clear out what was left of old 3ds stock first. Was a ton still in the channel.

dat Larabee Lock™

REALLY hope this is true as I just about bought yet another n3DSXL in desperation. Already returned prior due to just waiting for an announcement awhile back.

Quick note the episode with Mike Mika will be up on Tuesday due to embargo stuff. Tons of awesome info in there about the Eclipse Engine, MMLC, #IDARB, and the future of Digital Eclipse.

Far out, this episode is fantastic! Absolutely love your talk with Mike about thee Eclipse Engine process and the decisions they're making about the way they've brought Mega Man to modern machines.

You get a chance, tell Mike to peak at the GAF thread and see what can be done about the sound issues currently affecting the Legacy Collection :)

It really is an awesome effort (at least on XB1), with this one thing being a blemish.

They are well aware, sure it will be fixed soon.

Just listened to the Megaman Legacy episode on my run, really enjoyed hearing about the process those guys used to bring the games to current gen as accurately as possible. Bought the game for my X1 as soon as I got back! Glad to still have Back In My Play to listen to on my run!

Episode 60: Mega Man 4

ER1XdKS.jpg

Page: http://backinmyplay.com/episode-60-mega-man-4/

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id660099665

entremet

I saw your collection purge articles on the Fitcast homepage.

Good for you. It seemed it became an obsession. I didn't know you collected arcade games at one point.

Teknoman

I saw your collection purge articles on the Fitcast homepage.

Good for you. It seemed it became an obsession. I didn't know you collected arcade games at one point.

Imo its always a good thing to only keep what you would play / replay, and not collecting for collecting sake. That being said, i'm kinda surprised you got rid of the genesis and pc engine since you seemed to like those two more than anything (well aside from NES/Famicom).

Imo its always a good thing to only keep what you would play / replay, and not collecting for collecting sake. That being said, i'm kinda surprised you got rid of the genesis and pc engine since you seemed to like those two more than anything (well aside from NES/Famicom).

I still have one Genesis with 5-6 games and the Everdrive

Perhaps you'll find more enjoyment from gaming, knowing you don't have a wall to conquer. I find myself jumping in and out of old games because I'm not sure what I want to play. I just know I want to play something. Most of the time I don't feel satisfied and I get frustrated. At that point I just walk away for a bit and take a break for a couple of days.

Top Bottom