• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco announces TGS 2016 lineup

AmyS

For Ace Combat 7, I'm guessing, new trailer at PSX, then at E3 full hands-on game play and release in Sept / Oct 2017. I'm really hoping they've expanded their ideas for PSVR, implementing several modes just for VR.

I feel it's a long way off.

the "and more" is probably the Ridge Racer Type 4 and Ace Combat 5 remakes from the contest: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1207666&page=1

NeonZ

It's kind of odd that DB Fusions will be there in spite of being out for a while. Maybe an update?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
No EXVS makes me super sad. Was hoping for some word on a PS4 title.

DMONKUMA

Well I'm excited for Tekken at least! I mean, as far as announced games go....Ace Combat not being there sucks but I was really expecting it to show up in the first place.

Btw is Ace Combat 7 is a exclusive or console exclusive?

salromano

No berseria? That's strange

Why would it be strange? The game's out, no need for it to
be at TGS.

Well, Dragon Ball Fusions is there in the Family section, and it wouldn't be uncommon for a recently released title to show up to maybe get attendees interested in buying the game after the show. Though, Berseria does have a demo available that anyone can download, so I guess there'd be no point in that.

It's early 2017 for the English release. Game came out on the 18th of this month in Japan.

Bandai Namco's western branch usually has its own media releases for TGS, and we'll likely get some sort of English trailer for the game around TGS. (For example, the same happened for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth last year. It was out in Japan since February that year, but Bandai Namco America / Europe released a new trailer at TGS.)

Saphirax

Well, Dragon Ball Fusions is there in the Family section, and it wouldn't be uncommon for a recently released title to show up to maybe get attendees interested in buying the game after the show. Though, Berseria does have a demo available that anyone can download, so I guess there'd be no point in that.

Bandai Namco's western branch usually has its own media releases for TGS, and we'll likely get some sort of English trailer for the game around TGS. (For example, the same happened for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth last year. It was out in Japan since February that year, but Bandai Namco America / Europe released a new trailer at TGS.)

Oh, I'm aware that some games that release close to TGS still get shown there, but like you mentioned ToB has a demo so it'd be pointless.

gtj1092

The list of NX titles just keeps growing.

But seriously wish NB would make less games and put more money in fewer franchises.

But seriously wish NB would make less games and put more money in fewer franchises.
No thanks. They're one of the few big publishers that doesn't try and bank all their money on a couple of big hits, and the only one which sees the value in localising very niche games for the West.

Byvar

I'm hoping the "and more..." includes a Tales remaster collection for PS4. Come to think of it, they still haven't shown what Tales of the Best was, have they?

Also, Xenosaga HD of course.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about Digimon Universe on 3DS and seeing what the game looks like.

A new older fanbase oriented game in the vein of Cyber Sleuth or Next Order would also be something I'd like to see announced, but it's possible they might want to take a little extra time rather than cranking those out annually.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
CTRL+F
"Ace Combat 7"

Fuck everything.

the "and more" is probably the Ridge Racer Type 4 and Ace Combat 5 remakes from the contest: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1207666&page=1

As much as I want to believe this is true, I highly doubt those remakes are actually happening (the creator of that poll literally made it when he was half-asleep and even forgot to include AC0 in the process).

In the small chance those two games are being worked on, they are not going to reveal them in their pre-TGS lineup. They would wait until TGS to start to announce them.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom